Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guide is very good but the upgrade is expensive.

Comment

Mop upgrade is $20? Full guide 40?

As the title says, is this correct?

I have used zygor guides for over 4 years and my total costs for leveling guides is now nearly treble the cost of what a new member gets everything for, I know things depreciate but really 20 for 5 levels and a new customer gets everthing ive paid around 100 for, for just another 20?

I've paid the upgrades before but now it seems I feel screwed over once I total it up, seeing the cost for a new member.

This hurts, as I like this guide but it pains me to see what I am paying for it.

Note to any support: my subscription history is not a true reflection of what I've paid, I think this is due to how many years ago it was I got my first guide + all the upgrades. I also ended up paying taxes added to my credit card after completing the transaction but not advertised for my country(UK) I did email about this and was offered a refund of the added cost but I was happy to leave it, as a fan.

Comment

Hi, I was wanting to find out, why does active long time customers have to pay more then new customers? Or is my math wrong? I mean I bought The guild back when all there was was the lvling guide. So I bought it back about v1 or maybe v2. then upgraded to WotLK, then upgraded again to Cata, then having to upgrade again to MoP. But someone coming in can get a Horde guild for $40, or $60 for both. And I am not trying to make waves, payed 30 for the first, then 15 or 20, then 15 or 20, now 20 for just the Horde side, that is on the cheap side $80, where a new incoming person only has to pay $40, and I keep come back over the years. Plz tell me I seeing this wrong. Plz tell that if I am right, you will correct this for the people that have been on here for so long. I have upgraded both core and dailies. And I was about to pay for Achv addon and the titles and macro addon for the first time. I want all of them because I use zygor like mad

Comment

It is normal that someone who buys every upgrade pays more than someone buying later.
          If I did not buy and Ultraedit lifetime license for 300% of the normal one year license price 9 years ago I would have payed lots of money upgrading everytime a new version comes out (I think I started somewhere at version 7 or 8 and they now reached version 18).
          The difference is that someone who bought the product years ago can use what he paid for forever (you only need to buy the MoP upgrade for the 85-90 content) and already used it for some time.

Comment

and I understand what your saying. and I am wrestling with this myself, because I payed for vanilla, bc, Wotlk, and Cata and all where the full price, and now people get to buy those for like $10 each or so. And, part of me get that just how it works. But, part of me when looking at this, make me go, WTH, I paying 2 to 3 times what a newcomer gets it for. And if they would have something like a lifetime license where you get all the xpan for maybe like 80 or 90 dollars for core, and if you have been with the company and bought all upgrades, then its an extra $10 per guide for us that been with them for year. I be all for it. But they havent offered it. And this time they havent even offer a bundle for use at a pre order discount like they have in the past. So, I am at war with myself over this anyways.

Comment

The only bundles that were available in the past were Horde & Alliance together for a reduced price. There have not been other bundles as many guide packages came after the release of Cataclysm.
              I agree, with the increasing number of guide packages some sort of all in one discount is necessary. The Zygor team are aware of this and working on a solution but I wouldn't expect that the upgrade prices drop in the near future even if they make bundle upgrades available.

Comment

It would be nice. And I am not trying to come here and make waves or flame them. I love the guide. And, in fact even with how I feel, I have updated all but 2 of them. I just got horde this time because I am only going to run Horde only. I might make and run an Ally to 90 to get the Achvmnt for double agent. But it will be just when I am bored. But would it be nice if they seen what we as faithful supporter of this addon, and been here for year or more, and say "well we understand, and here is the 2 remaining horde guides for you, and we will either give anyone that has been here since Wotlk 2 guide to one side as a gift, and if you been here since Cata you get 1 addon for one side as a gift." But, I will also be honest with you, if there is another xpan pack, I am not sure if I will upgrade unless we get some kind of bundle discount, and an extra discount for my time with them. After give as much as I have, I just feel that they should be showing theyre thanks for me and others, being faithful fans.

And I remember if you pre order the Wotlk upgrade they gave a discount for any of the guilds. and the day after it went Wotlk came out they went to full price. and if you preorder the bundle of horde and ally you got a discount on the discount for getting both at once. I could be wrong, or just remembering the discount of the bundle. I am not trying just to get something free, just airing how I feel, and hoping my rambling will help zygor in the future. I am sorry if anyone feels I am attacking them or zygor. I do really really enjoy, and use this guide to its fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by darkshadow29 View Post
                  But, I will also be honest with you, if there is another xpan pack, I am not sure if I will upgrade unless we get some kind of bundle discount, and an extra discount for my time with them.
                  I totally agree, especially when one or two guide packages come in the meantime upgrading gets too costly.
                  But currently even the 110$ are cheaper than the buried subscription model (which some people want to have now).

Originally posted by darkshadow29 View Post
                  And I remember if you pre order the Wotlk upgrade they gave a discount for any of the guilds.
                  Hmm, before WotLK I owned only the Horde guide. Upgrading that costed 16,25€, the Cata upgrade of both leveling guides 23€ and the MoP upgrade 26€. Also the Alliance 1-80 guide costed the same as the Horde 1-70 guide.
                  I think the price of the leveling guide dropped in general, I think it was 50$ each faction and 80 for both before WotLK or before Cata.
                  Maybe there was some early bird discount on new guide packages, I'm getting old and start forgetting things

Comment

I have decided not to "upgraded" My guides here awhile ago. Although I may later down the road purchase an "upgraded" for the leveling at least but not all of them. I have to agree I am one of those people who would pay 110 or 120 to upgrade all of my guides.
                    Unfornate with todays encomy and the way that money is tight, I have to go where its cheaper. I realzies that Zygors has a bussiness to run and all, however we must go where its cheaper even if the quility is bad.

To the person who said entitliement issue let me say this. Customers are the backbone to a company and when you have 1 or 2 unhappy customers well you can well deal with it. But if you have more that is a problem. We are not asking for freebies we are asking look at the times. look at what is going on in the real world. We come here cause of the quility that we came to love. We can look over at another compnay and see they are offering better cheaper rates to old and new customers alike.

I have spent over the course of four years 200-300 dollars on upgrades and new guides which if I did the same at a compeitiots I would have free guides there for life. The true number is 353 dollars and if you need proof here

Alliance & Horde Dungeon & Gear Guide

2012-01-25

$35.00

clickbank

Alliance & Horde Professions & Achievements Guide

2011-10-30

$50.00

clickbank

Alliance & Horde Pets & Mounts Guide

2011-10-30

$35.00

clickbank

Alliance & Horde Titles, Reputations & Macros Guide

2011-10-17

$20.00

clickbank

UPGRADE - Cataclysm Alliance & Horde Dailies Guides

2011-02-02

$23.00

clickbank

UPGRADE - Cataclysm Alliance & Horde 1-85 Leveling Guides

2010-12-07

$30.00

clickbank

Horde Cataclysm Dailies & Events Guide

2010-09-21

$25.00

clickbank

Alliance Cataclysm Dailies & Events Guide

2010-09-16

$35.00

clickbank

Alliance 1-85 Leveling Guide

2008-12-06

$50.00

clickbank

Horde 1-85 Leveling Guide

2008-12-03

$50.00

clickban
                    Last edited by ctkdjane1; September 14, 2012, 07:16 AM. Reason: collect some facts

Comment

It was a good run but i am going back to looking up a guide online and printing it out. I am not going to pay to upgrade to MoP when I am not playing it. Just would like to see my old guide work PROPERLY, after all I did pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by avrion View Post
                        It was a good run but i am going back to looking up a guide online and printing it out. I am not going to pay to upgrade to MoP when I am not playing it. Just would like to see my old guide work PROPERLY, after all I did pay for it.
                        Updates and bug fixes are part of what you paid for. What is not working for you, exactly? They cant fix it if they dont know about it.
                        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

with a week to go until the new expansion releases and no bundles available for longtime loyal customers who would love to purchase multiple guides at a reduced loyal customer rate and our only options are to try and win a guide by making comments on the pages showing videos of the new guides sheeeesh Zygor you gotta do better than this

Comment

For this expansion, we have more product types available and updated for Mists of Pandaria than any other competitor. By the end of this week we will also have more exclusive features. To accomplish this, we have a higher operating cost, and as a result our products are little more expensive, but we would rather be the high end, cutting edge of WoW software guides than the generic knockoff brand.

On the flipside, we run more discount sales year round than our competitors, often dropping the prices dramatically on all our products for whole weeks at a time, simililar to Steam sales.

In the case of our Mists of Pandaria guides, the prices are reasonable and will stand for some time seeing as they are brand new products, but keeping with our tradition, they are likely to go on sale sometime in the future.
                            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                              For this expansion, we have more product types available and updated for Mists of Pandaria than any other competitor. By the end of this week we will also have more exclusive features. To accomplish this, we have a higher operating cost, and as a result our products are little more expensive, but we would rather be the high end, cutting edge of WoW software guides than the generic knockoff brand.

On the flipside, we run more discount sales year round than our competitors, often dropping the prices dramatically on all our products for whole weeks at a time, simililar to Steam sales.

In the case of our Mists of Pandaria guides, the prices are reasonable and will stand for some time seeing as they are brand new products, but keeping with our tradition, they are likely to go on sale sometime in the future.
                              Zygor your guides are a stellar product and no one disputes that. As a loyal customer I have to voice my concern when it appears that the new customer is treated more favorably and may be getting a better deal. I go through the same thing each football season with
                              DirecTV I call complain and they give me a better deal and free programming to keep my business as I am a long time loyal customer. I understand your increase in operating costs and agree your upgrade guides are priced reasonably but if I upgrade each guide individually its a bad deal for me because I will pay more in the long run. I don't even play Alliance characters but I purchase the "original bundle"
                              just to support you because your products are worth it. I'm just looking for an added incentive to upgrade all of my guides at once and not have to wait for you to place them on sale.

Comment

I look at it this way. Zygor is running a business. Just like Blizzard runs a business and any others. Question for all you complaining about Zygor's cost, Are you complaining to Blizzard that Vanilla, Crusades and WotLK are cheaper now? Are you complaining that MoP should cost all us Long time players less that we should get a discount? What about in game all the money you spent on training and now it is free to train.

I for one do not mind paying what I am paying as a Member, why because the people at Zygor are putting their time and effort into a product that I think is well worth paying for. I can use it on any Character on Any server as many times As I want for a Lifetime.
                                Ilythiiri D'Uriza 50 BM Hunter Of Hyjal
                                Officer of Aperture
                                Karliik d'qu'ellar Uriza
                                Dalninil d' Tranquillite, Akaizhar. Atemra Yathrin
                                Dalharil d' Neccasalmor

Comment

Working...
                                X