This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Random Posts About the Upgrade Cost" Thread

On the upgrade page it says: " Upgrade your Cataclysm guides there for a tiny fee." In my case, the "tiny fee" is $90.00 !! Am I on the wrong page or are the upgrade fees terribly unrealistic?

Originally posted by pfred163 View Post
    On the upgrade page it says: " Upgrade your Cataclysm guides there for a tiny fee." In my case, the "tiny fee" is $90.00 !! Am I on the wrong page or are the upgrade fees terribly unrealistic?
    Try clicking the Members page in the top right of the site. Afterwards, click the "Manage Guides" button on that page. You should see the upgrades available and the correct pricing there.
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Thanks, that's where I was. To upgrade Leveling,professions,Titles, and Dailies comes to $90.00 . Not much of a discount.

Comment

Thanks, that's where I was. To upgrade Leveling,professions,Titles, and Dailies comes to $90.00 . Not much of a discount.
        You think? Wait till the moderator comes in and blames it on "complications with their payment processor"! Meanwhile, they have put their guides on sale randomly, but amazingly they can't seem to figure it out for this upgrade...

Comment

Not going to purchase

For several reasons, I will not be purchasing the new guide.

First off, as nice as I'm sure the new graphics are going to be, I can't justify the price.

Second, I will be in no rush to get through this new content.

Comment

"Random Posts About the Upgrade Cost" Thread

Far too many threads are being diverted into a discussion about the price to upgrade.

This thread will serve as a central location for the moderators to merge threads or posts that deal with the financial issue(s) ongoing, leaving OP threads to remain uncluttered and on target.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Sorry :-(. I'm not anywhere close to a staff member, so I'm not entirely sure if that's the finalized price or not. Maybe they can confirm if that's the price, as I'm fully upgraded at the moment.

Originally posted by snatch View Post
              You think? Wait till the moderator comes in and blames it on "complications with their payment processor"! Meanwhile, they have put their guides on sale randomly, but amazingly they can't seem to figure it out for this upgrade...
              You can always contact the official Zygor Support team by using the Support tab in the top right if you're having issues with the payment processor.

Originally posted by gusmiddleton View Post
              For several reasons, I will not be purchasing the new guide.

First off, as nice as I'm sure the new graphics are going to be, I can't justify the price.

Second, I will be in no rush to get through this new content.
              Just as a quick reminder - the screenshot is an early milestone to show off a little bit of 4.0. In the past, the major version changes concluded in a complete overhaul of the current guides. Now, I'm not sure if that will be the case here since the guides are already very nice, but it's just something to remember. We don't know all of the cool new things that will be coinciding with this release.

As far as I know (from past experiences), the major updates will affect your current guides as well. Basically, the price is simply for the content of Mists of Pandaria, not the cool new graphics, features, etc. The new gadgets and features are included with free updates. If you don't need a guide for MoP, then that's absolutely your decision, but I did want to give some more information for those who are considering upgrading :-).
              It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Great time to look at pricing for the competition. $100 to upgrade all my guides, really! I have purchased every stink guide you have created including the POS D3 guide and the incomplete Dungeoun and gear guide only to get bent over! You can take you fancy green way point arrow and stick it!

Comment

Not wanting to dampen the excitement, but I agree that not offering any kind of discount for customers that have been with you for so long is sort of a "Meh" feeling to it all. I will probably upgrade because I feel there is nothing better out there, but...yeah, little feeling of no appreciation for longevity.

Comment

I to think the upgrades are a tad expensive to us older customers, I think i totalled $110 to upgrade all my guides.

And just to point out that a rival to Zygor is offering all upgrades for FREE if you have spent over a certain amount.

Comment

I agree that spending $110 for a mere upgrade (I have all but the Dungeons and Gear guide, which I returned since I was extremely disappointed with it) is ridiculous at best, and has made me pause to think about whether I want to continue using Zygor.

Switching completely to the competition will result in a significantly larger initial payment, but as mufferz pointed out, they also guarrantee free upgrades for all future WoW expansions... tough choice :s

I know that I'm likely to keep playing WoW as long as Blizzard releases new content, so it comes down to what tools I think will help me enjoy the game better without having to dish out loads of moola every couple of years. As things stand, though, I doubt I'll be upgrading to the newest batch of Zygor guides anytime soon.

Comment

I have both zygor and the competors horde guides (full set)

the competors current offer of spend x amount and get upgrades for free caused be to pop for the alli guides (triggering the free upgrade thing) funny thing is they made more off of me than they would have for the upgrade

With Zygor i am still on the fence deciding on (upgrade or not) and (alli or not)

Comment

I have been using your guides for some time now but i think $ 110 is not a tiny fee. In fact i think it is ridiculous. For half that price i will consider to upgrade. But for $ 110 i surely won't.

There are other ways to achieve the same goals. It will only cost more effort but at least those ways are for free.
                          I guess for this price you won't be selling a lot of guides.

I hope you will reconsider the price because i really liked the guides.

Comment

Speacial Discount for members !!

Dear Zygor,
                            We are loyal customers to zygor guide, and we have all products of zygors all releases guides !!

So now you will release the new upgrade for the Mists of Panda !! so there is more than 5 guides need to be upgrades ..so I want to have all the new 5 upgrades for both alliance & hords.. So please give us SPEACIAL Discount ..

The current discount are for the users who have some products of your releases ..but we have ALL your PRODUCTS so that we need Speacial for VIP Customers ..we want ALL your uprages more than 5 upgrades types ..so please give us the SPEACIAL discount ..1 shot buy to get all things with speacial price !!

Thanks

Comment

Dear Zygor-John,

By the time you read this letter, I'll also be gone.

Indeed, Zygor guides have been (and will probably still be) great. I've supported and purchased all guides (horde and aliance), and expanded / upgraded as the new ones have come out. The products being great and integrate great into WoW. At the last Cataclysm upgrade, again, updated to the full compliment.

Whilst 90% Horde (Yeah, I heard those groans), I'm looking at $110 to keep up to date with the pandy update ...

Nope, I'm sorry, bad loyalty price point. buying piecemeal over time, yes, that's an option, but still a bad price point.

I don't know enough about Zygor's expansion's with staffing / costs recently,
                              Nor how busy in business terms Zygor has grown, it hasn't been explained (that I've seen, not that I've been looking).

I wasn't happy with the Diablo guide in the first 3 or 4 days of release ....
                              Purchasing the guide ahead of the release, then taking 4 days off work to power play the game .... Very little updates at the start. I was in Act 3 whilst the guide was still stuck on Act 1.

My confidence has been rocked, feel let down as a fully signed up member with regards to the upgrade path of (what's coined a lot on the boards) 'a loyal supporter' to the new expansion .... and not happy.

$50 - 60 complete upgrade all guides to next expansion .... I'd be singing from the Ogrimar rooftops....

(Given the complexity of creating guides for Wow, I found it a little difficult to accept that it's was a brick wall when it came to purchasing mechanics of offering a further discounted price to those with all or partial guides. We've sent people to the moon [ish depending on your belief's] .... I'm just lost in comprehension I guess).

So, all in all .... With conversations on expansion price points going on in circles with the same line's given .... ie no resolutions ..... I'm out.

What options are left? Well as a customer, my wallet. Looking around, there are other guides, one which offers levelling (H&A), gold guide, daily's, talent, profession and mount, including Pandy expansion .... $87

**** Please read Zygor **** $87 all in. Its a speed leveller, includes gold guide too ..... $87 .......

The price point is causing a divide which is now damaging business with some of your clients.

I have reluctantly made the purchase for what I see is a 'free upgrade package' to Pandy with a competitor , with the bonus of a gold guide.

My loyalty to fair companies is one I prefer to maintain (same bank for 20+ years), but when I start to feel that advantages are being taken because I'm perceived as being 'locked in', then it's time to leave loyalty at the 'out to lunch' sign, and step into the busy market place again.

I've paid for free upgrades for life on current level's of expansions, I still see the circled "Z" in Wow with a tepid warmth, but disappointed.

Well done for previous hard work and countless support hours you've supplied to many in the past. Well done guys.

But I'm stepping back from Zygor.

DD.

Comment

Working...
                              X