First Look At Zygor Guides 4.0 And Leveling Guide News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Look At Zygor Guides 4.0 And Leveling Guide News

Road to Pandaria Part 1 | Road to Pandaria Part 2 | Road to Pandaria Part 3 | Road to Pandaria Part 4 | Road to Pandaria Part 5

Milestone1.jpg

Happy Friday everyone!

We hope you all have a wonderful weekend. To kick things off right, the Zygor Team is here with a very early sneak peak of our upcoming major update, Zygor Guides 4.0. This update will see the addition of over a dozen new features and improvements to our guide software. You can check out an early milestone of this new version in the image above which shows off just some of the new features as they were being developed. We will be revealing more and more screenshots leading up to the reveal of the final product in the coming weeks.

Also, if you were concerned at all about preordering because you weren't sure if the guides would be fully updated and polished when Mists of Pandaria goes live you can set those worries aside. We are very pleased to announce that our Leveling and Loremaster guides are guaranteed to be fully updated, tested, and ready for you to use on September 25th when the game launches.

We look forward to bringing you more info and sneak peaks as we get closer to Pandaria.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

No offence but was this really worth sending out an email alert for? Given the price of the product it was obviously going to have to be ready by launch, and the screenshot looks virtually identical to the current version of Zygor.

I'd prefer only to receive email alerts when there's actual, concrete differences.

Comment

I like the new Green Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by nach0king View Post
        No offence but was this really worth sending out an email alert for? Given the price of the product it was obviously going to have to be ready by launch, and the screenshot looks virtually identical to the current version of Zygor.

I'd prefer only to receive email alerts when there's actual, concrete differences.
        In past expansions some users ran into problems with the guide software and this has led to many asking about the state of our Mists of Pandaria guides. We wanted to reassure everyone that great lengths have been taken to ensure these guides are fully updated and tested.

The screenshot supplied is just a first look preview of the changes coming, meant to whet your appetite. In this case it was our brand new arrow design and the addition of a progress indicator. We will be revealing more concrete differences of the other components in the weeks to come.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I like the mini progress bar.
          Clearly, there have been changes.
          I look forward to the others.

Comment

Originally posted by nach0king View Post

A progress bar and a new arrow. big woop! Personally I hope for some SharedMedia support instead of the current skin. Being able to match the viewer with my UI without having to crudely hack the LUA would be a big improvement in my book.

Comment

I was hoping to see a pre-release sale announcement with this, but I guess I haven't learned not to get my hopes up with Zygor.

I honestly have absolutely no idea why anyone would purchase any of these MoP guide upgrades unless they were actually put on sale. If they go on sale, then I would purchase immediately... However, since they don't want to give us any loyalty discounts, I'll probably just purchase the full set of MoP guides from the competition for the same price as upgrading all the Zygor guides...

Comment

will you be bringing back the magic key? this will be the deciding factor on if I purchase the MoP guide
                from Zygorguides.

Comment

I purchased the panda guide a couple days ago, looking forward to it.

Any chance it will be available for testing in MoP Beta?

Comment

Out of curiosity, since I'm quite a bit behind with WoW and the guides, are there still plans to implement themes into the guides? I miss the old skins and would love to be able to change back and fourth. Also, love the new waypoint graphic and the progress bar :].
                    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by xceptiona1 View Post
                      I purchased the panda guide a couple days ago, looking forward to it.

Any chance it will be available for testing in MoP Beta?
                      The guides will be released right around the time MoP goes live and by then the beta will be over.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I know you all work hard making sure the guides are ready for live.
                        I would be happy to help test your current incarnation in the beta. I have levelled a couple of monks to 90 so far and am working on a 3rd. Let me know if that is possible.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Me I would have liked to see the Gear Guide working that I purchased expecting it would be completed soon.

Comment

We expect to have the Gear guide finished and released along with guide version 4.0.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Wow! cool new arrow with all the free time that you have to make cool arrows maybe you could think about fixing upside down mode so that the tooltips don't overlap the steps

Comment

Working...
                              X