This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOP $39. Guide for MOP $110. LOLWUT

Even the collectors edition with extra pet plus all SORTS of goodies is $79. The guide to play your extra content... $110. Really? Yes, I know it's my choice to purchase or not, but I've been buying every upgrade including the D3 guide. I like playing SWTOR plus D3 and haven't played WOW as much lately. But this seals the deal for me on purchasing an guide update.

PC Gamer top 100 games
    #1 Portal: 17.23 (The Orange Box)
    #2 Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim : 59.99
    #3 Team Fortress 2 : 9.99
    Total for all 3? $87.21
    Zygor guides Upgrade only for a game: $110
    Difference $22.79 cheaper to by the top 3 games of all time than buy a guide for a game which doesn't include the $40-80 you have to pay for the upgrade to the game.

Pass, Pass, and Pass. Zygor is nuts to think that I'll pay that much for a game that's outdated and may be surpassed by F2P games that are out or coming out not to mention games that are already out. Even if we do still want to pay for WOW every month, this goes above and beyond what any player should pay. Times are tough but I would rather buy a second monitor that would display all this information for me that is free on the web.

Those games you mentioned are all from companies who sell millions of copies of their product. Unfortunately, we don't even come close to a fraction of that and we're a very small company. Our product goes to a game that is changing all the time, and while Blizzard receives recurring fees for their work, we do not for ours.

Everytime you go away from WoW and come back to a guide that is still up to date and accurate, that is only possible because our staff works round the clock to update our products. The prices we charge are to cover our costs to develop and maintain these guides over the course of 2+ years. We tried to propose a simpler payment method in the form of cheap monthly subscriptions for our entire suite, but it was vehemently shot down by the community who were very clear that they preferred the lump sum fee and upgrade fee method.

The alternative is that we simply don't update the guides at all, which I imagine most would be very upset about. We offer the upgrade and let users decide if they would like to invest in our product. Given our history of great service and support, we've found that most customers are more than willing to.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
    X