This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How F**king much??

I'v been a member for quite a few years now and have spent a hell of a lot of money with Zygor and all the guides I'v bought and you now expect me to spent another $110. Its not as if Blizzard are changing all the quests again. Personally i just think Zygor want more money for next to nothing. OK fine there is a new area to explore and yes they have made questing easier for players but paying so much money when most of the world is still in recession. Well here's one unhappy member

Originally posted by bamps09 View Post
    I'v been a member for quite a few years now and have spent a hell of a lot of money with Zygor and all the guides I'v bought and you now expect me to spent another $110. Its not as if Blizzard are changing all the quests again. Personally i just think Zygor want more money for next to nothing. OK fine there is a new area to explore and yes they have made questing easier for players but paying so much money when most of the world is still in recession. Well here's one unhappy member
    make that 2 unhappy members is a bit over the top if your looking at the total price

Comment

Seriously? $110? Where is the price to benefit ratio here?

Comment

The price is not only for a one time upgrade for the content that comes with 5.0, it's also to include all the stuff that comes with further patches until the next expansion and to keep the guides you own up to date even after that (just remember the overhaul of the 1-60 content, maybe we'll see something similar with the 60-70 stuff as well).

Nobody is forced to upgrade all guides immediately, just upgrade your most important guides now and others later.

Comment

Originally posted by bamps09 View Post
          Make that at least three. And to add insult to injury I need to do it seprately for each one. Maybe no

Comment

Well, I only do the Horde leveling guide, so $20 is not bad, but yes, no way I'd pay $100+

Comment

To be honest I thought the page was broken when I saw upgrades for every product. I expected to see a single upgrade for Mists and thought that my previous purchases just weren't being seen. The Diablo product disappointed me, and now this is a disappointment.

The Zygor in-games guides have never let me down in the past though and I've always felt they have been well worth the money so I went ahead and upgraded everything.
              [SIZE="1"][B]realm:[/B] elune[/SIZE]
              [SIZE="1"][B]name:[/B] [URL="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Elune/Holybarrow/simple"]holybarrow[/URL][/SIZE]
              [SIZE="1"][B]race/class:[/B] dwarf priest[/SIZE]
              [SIZE="1"][B]current level:[/B] 100[/SIZE]

Comment

Still dumb now. I paid for the guide once, I should have it for all time. You lose customers doing this, Zygor. You're forcing your current customers to be repeat customers or leave. Most of them will leave. Do you not realize that you will receive more money from pleased customer's referrals. Zygor's used to be the best, and I don't care if they are the best now. I'm done unless I receive an email stating this crap is fixed!

Comment

Folks, remember that there are 5 different types of guides now. Back before Cata, there were only two (Leveling and Dailies). While it would be nice to offer a price for all 5 guides, I don't think there is a system in place to handle that even at a reduced price (~$70). As it is, I'm looking at $170 price tag. The good news is that you don't have to upgrade all in one shot, which is the reasoning behind this idea. It might take me months to upgrade, but in the end, it will be worth it.
                  My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Originally posted by bcollins2 View Post
                    Still dumb now. I paid for the guide once, I should have it for all time. You lose customers doing this, Zygor. You're forcing your current customers to be repeat customers or leave. Most of them will leave. Do you not realize that you will receive more money from pleased customer's referrals. Zygor's used to be the best, and I don't care if they are the best now. I'm done unless I receive an email stating this crap is fixed!
                    The guides you purchased will work for life. They will always be updated and work. However you did not purchase any guides that included the MoP content because that did not exist at the time. You are not forced to purchase the upgrade if you do not want it.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

What puzzles me is when i paid for my first Zygor guide long ago i was under the impression that i would have to pay the initial price and recieve updates forever. I think you guys really need to rethink the pricing on these upgrades. And yes you can add me to the list of customers that are unhappy with this. Give me all your excuses but it wont change the fact that your upgrades prices are unfair to current members.

Comment

Update

Upgrade

Two very different terms. Please review the Cata update/upgrade discussion prior to its launch and replace "Cata" or "Cataclysm" with "MoP" or "Mists of Pandorea" as the posts covering this topic will be as relevant today as it was back then.
                        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                          Update

Upgrade

Two very different terms. Please review the Cata update/upgrade discussion prior to its launch and replace "Cata" or "Cataclysm" with "MoP" or "Mists of Pandorea" as the posts covering this topic will be as relevant today as it was back then.
                          Exactly. This is now the fourth expansion and our policy/procedure has remained the same for the past 6 years. It's mentioned in our home page introduction video and on our How Does This Work page. It is very explicit. Everyone's guides will continue to work in Mists of Pandaria so no one is required to upgrade. Free Updates are included up to the Expansion level you purchased. Since Mists is a brand new expansion, and thus content no one has had to pay for yet, we charge a small fee for the new guides we've been creating since March, as well as the continual updates and maintenance that will be required over the next 2+ years. If you have any further questions please see our F.A.Q. or contact our friendly and helpful support team.
                          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                          X