OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of consolidating guide upgrade prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to have to agree with others. I've spent a lot on the guides already, but I just can't bring myself to spend $110 just to add the MoP content:

1. Leveling/Loremaster: The way Blizzard has reorganized the questing hubs, leveling has become a lot simpler than it was before. The guide saves a little bit of time, but I'm not sure if it's worth the upgrade price just to add 85-90. $60 for 1-90 or $30 for 85-90... If I do upgrade this would be the only guide I'll upgrade.

2. Dailies & Events: This really hasn't been as useful as I thought it would be. I hardly use it as the dailies are obvious and the events aren't that difficult to do without the guide.

3. Pets & Mounts: With pets and mounts being account wide now, this isn't worth $10, much less $20 just for an upgrade (of a $50 item). I haven't used it as much as I thought I would and now I would use it even less.

4. Professions & Achievements: I've found that online profession guides are better than the Zygor in-game guide because the in-game guide can't be flexible enough for all situations. I've often found that I've had to go to a website to get more information than the guide provided and once back in game, I wasn't following the guide anymore. It would be more useful if you were leveling a profession from 1 - 525 (now 600) in one shot, but I don't do that. Often times I just want to spent 5 minutes on a profession and use what I have in my bags/bank, but the guide assumes you are going to be spending time in bigger chunks. And the Achievements guide becomes less useful with account wide achievements. I'm certainly not going to pay $20 to upgrade this one.

5. Titles, Reputations, Macros: Titles is an extension of the achievements guide, reputations is an extension of the dailies guide, and I haven't even looked at the macros guide since I bought it, so clearly I don't need to pay $20 to upgrade it.

6. Dungeons & Gear: This one disappoints me. I really wanted this guide, but by the time it was released, quests had been moved into the dungeons. With the quests being in the dungeons the only thing the guide can offer is boss strategies. I've never needed the guide for that. Oddly enough, on the pricing page this one shows that I already have the "MoP version", so maybe they aren't charging to upgrade it, but if they were, I wouldn't upgrade.

So I still have to decide whether I will spend the money to upgrade the leveling guide, but I won't be spending $110 to upgrade everything.

I wish Zygor luck. It's a quality product and I've had a lot of benefit from the guides over the years, but the latest upgrade pricing has seriously blown past the price to value ratio for me.

Comment

Im not complaining at all, I bought some guide and some I did not but between buying some and upgrading others im looking at 250 for all. made me lol

Comment

Originally posted by mdame View Post
        I'm going to have to agree with others. I've spent a lot on the guides already, but I just can't bring myself to spend $110 just to add the MoP content:
        I was intending to upgrade all my guides but after reading your post I am beginning to wonder if it is worth it. You made some excellent points as far as the need for any guide. I think i am going to hold off and see what happens

Comment

In what universe is $110.00 considered a "small fee"???

Comment

To the price debate:
            Think positive plz. You don't need all guide at once. Start with leveling and then dailies and you're on the roll. And upgrade to others later, when you come to the next step of the game. You don't need to buy them all, it's optional. It's hard cash yes, same goes for collectors edition of MoP, but it's optional...

Best thing about Zygor is, you know what you're buying! There is many great guides writers yes I agree, but they do not have same innovention. If you like Zygorguides, support the effort they're doing. You have no idea how much work and hours they spend doing this. If you dont care, then you can always use guides compared as rare or greens insted of epic.

Me myself love Zygor bling bling.. that's life ^^

Comment

Am I missing something? I don't see a $110 option to upgrade all guides.

Comment

Originally posted by speckz View Post
                I have a number of guides, and if you add up the price to upgrade each of the guides I have, it comes to $110. Hope that clears it up for you

Comment

I am in the same mood as many of you. I have the complete set, and have found them useful, and quite helpful in many things. But $110 to upgrade the full set that I already paid for? That's simply too much for an upgrade. There should be an all-in-one upgrade path. If the payment prcessor is the limitation, then I would kindly suggest they get a more compliant processor because this is going to cost them my business as well as others, apparently. Or maybe hand out a discount code or rebate code to customers who own all the guides after they upgrade all of them (an incentive to upgrade all instead of one or two = more revenue), or possibly put in special reduced-price product codes with the processor that are accessible only by "whitelisted" emails (those of users with full sets).

Otherwise, there are competitor's product that are nearly as good as this that I can buy the entire setup I need for MOP new for less than the cost of my upgrade to my Zygor guides. Its your move, but its bad business to not reward a large part of your customer base for its loyalty, all because of a business process limit that can be remedied.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandue View Post
                    In what universe is $110.00 considered a "small fee"???
                    In Mitt Romney Land

Comment

Originally posted by speckz View Post
                      There isn't one. No single upgrade exceeds $20.00. The $110.00 upgrade you hear people mentioning is the price to upgrade all 5 of our separate World of Warcraft products in both Alliance and Horde variants (a total of 10 guide upgrades). We require upgrades to cover our costs to maintain and develop these guides throughout the course of an expansion cycle, which thus far has been around 2+ years each. Unlike Blizzard, who are compensated monthly for their ongoing work, we rely solely on one time fees for our ongoing service. Knowing this would lead to a more expensive upgrade for customers who purchased many products, we tried to offer a subscription model which would grant access to our full suite of updated products for a small monthly fee, but this proposal was vehemently shot down by the community who made it clear that they preferred one time fees.
                      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I hate to say it, but using your "2 year release cycle" the subscription would have ended up costing even more than the 1 time upgrade. Neither of which is what I personally could call a small fee. That is a large reason why people were so upset by the subscription (in my opinion only of course). Either way, you can't really deny that the overall cost to upgrade the guides is high, you can say it's only $15 or $20 but totaled it's alot.

Comment

I'm quite frustrated here about this "small fee" crap. The leveling guide costs $40 for a single faction. The upgrade for the single faction costs $20. That's 50% or HALF the cost of the new product. It's not like they are doubling the content. It's not like it costs them twice as much to add the next expansion. Yet, Zygor expects it's customers to pay half the price of the product again (a.k.a. the "small fee") to get the new content.

I think we should take a poll... Who thinks that purchasing a product at one price and then having to pay half that price yet again to upgrade is a small fee?

Comment

Working...
                          X