Upgrading with MoP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading with MoP

If this question or idea has already been asked or stated sorry. Also this is not a compaint either.

My question is when we upgrade since most of these guides were post-Cat I was wondering instead of upgrading each one at a time if you would offer a upgrade price for all of them. Or will it be how it was with Cata where you upgrade each one at a time.

The reason I am asking is the encomy is not great and not many people have the money to throw as we used to and a buy all plan which may be alot at one time has more of a savings in it as in buying bulk you buy alot and in a such amount but save in the long run or so the thoery goes anyways.

This has not been decided yet.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Has this been further discussed inside of Zygor?

I'm not trying to complain either but I'm trying to think ahead for myself. I'm really interested in buying the guides I haven't purchased yet; but in that same token I can live without them until the release of MoP. I'm curious, if I purchase them now, will I be able to update them at a discounted price or should I just wait tell MoP and buy them then at the full price so I don't have to buy the upgrade fees for all the different guides I truly would like to have.

I understand it is a business decision on yours' end, however on my end it is an economic question. I have no problem paying an additional fee to upgrade them to the MoP expansion, I just wouldn't like to purchase them at the current price and then MoP comes out and in order to upgrade to the MoP expansion have to purchase them at the same price I would pay for them now. I'm sorry, I haven't been around Zygor during an expansion update so I don't know what your normal procedure is.

Comment

Right now we are waiting for Blizzard to announce the release date of MoP. Once we know that we will probably (not definite) pick a date, maybe a month or two, before MoP is released and guide purchases from that point on will include the upgrade. This is what we did for the Cata expansion.

If you were to purchase now, the upgrade is always optional. The current guides will continue to be updated and work after the expansion release, you just wouldn't have the new zones guides. The upgrade fee to add the new expansion content is normally about half the price of the full guide purchase. This will be the first expansion for us having so many guides so I'm not sure what the marketing guys are working on for the different upgrade fees. All other expansions we only had the Leveling and Dailies guides.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          Right now we are waiting for Blizzard to announce the release date of MoP. Once we know that we will probably (not definite) pick a date, maybe a month or two, before MoP is released and guide purchases from that point on will include the upgrade. This is what we did for the Cata expansion.

If you were to purchase now, the upgrade is always optional. The current guides will continue to be updated and work after the expansion release, you just wouldn't have the new zones guides. The upgrade fee to add the new expansion content is normally about half the price of the full guide purchase. This will be the first expansion for us having so many guides so I'm not sure what the marketing guys are working on for the different upgrade fees. All other expansions we only had the Leveling and Dailies guides.
          OMG... Zygor says a small fee, and you say "normally about half the price of the full guide purchase."

In what reality could a 50% charge to upgrade be considered a small fee???

Comment

Keep in mind that these upgrades are more like a future investment. You will be getting a ton of content over the next 2 years or so as Blizzard adds more and more content into the game throughout the Mists of Pandaria expansion cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandue View Post
              OMG... Zygor says a small fee, and you say "normally about half the price of the full guide purchase."

In what reality could a 50% charge to upgrade be considered a small fee???
              $30.00 to upgrade 2 guides. $30.00 divided by 2 is $15.00. $15.00 is 25% of $60.00. 25% is a small fee in their opinion. And just like the steaks sitting in your grocery store (or any other item), the price stated is what they feel is small enough to make a profit, yet not gouge the consumers wallet.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                $30.00 to upgrade 2 guides. $30.00 divided by 2 is $15.00. $15.00 is 25% of $60.00. 25% is a small fee in their opinion. And just like the steaks sitting in your grocery store (or any other item), the price stated is what they feel is small enough to make a profit, yet not gouge the consumers wallet.
                I'm sorry, but your math is faulty. The original price of the package I bought was $60.00. The price to upgrade the package I bought is $30.00. That is 50%. And... for just the Alliance guide, the original price was $40.00, and the upgrade price for that is $20, which, again, is 50%. No matter how you look at it, it is always going to be 50%. No amount of math is going to change that.

Comment

$30.00 for 2 guides. Sorry, but that math is solid.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                    $30.00 for 2 guides. Sorry, but that math is solid.
                    And... the original price of the 2 guides was $60... so $30 is half the price of the original content... 50% of the original cost.

I cannot understand how you cannot get that through your head.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread. No amount of messages are going to convince you of what I am saying, in spite of the fact that Zygor has posted, "the cost of the upgrade is usually half the price of the original product". For the love of Pete... They say it themselves!

Ciao!

Comment

There are many people who simply can't play without the guides. LIKE ME!!! Can't wait, I will pay the price although it maybe a little steep right now but over 2 years is well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X