OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zygor's "Talent Advisor" pops up each time I enter the game. How can I prevent that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor's "Talent Advisor" pops up each time I enter the game. How can I prevent that?

This just started happening.

I don't know if I changed something in the Zygor options, or not. But, for the last couple of days, the Zygor Talent Advisor pops up, automatically when I first enter the game. Why? How can I prevent that from happening, since I have NO talent points to add anyway? It's a real nuisance, and totally unnecessary.

Have you tried to disable any other addons to see if it might be some kind of addon conflict?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No.

I didn't do that (yet) because I'm still using the same 2 other addons that I've always been using. Never encountered a problem. Actually, I don't see how or why some other addon would 'tell' my Zygor guide to display that screen. Seems to me, that it's Zygor. But, cabby, I will do as you suggested, then get back to you. Hopefully, it'll work, even though it seems like a strange solution.

Comment

If that doesn't work then it's possible you have a corrupted saved variable file. You can go to the WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and delete just the ZygorTalentAdvisor.lua file to fix that and reset the Talent Advisor.

Comment

Just now returned from the game. Disabled all addons with the exception of Swatter, Tabby, and the Zygor stuff. Problem still happens.

Thanks for the suggestion. By the way, how do we get 'corrupted saved variables', while merely playing the game? I see your solution all the time, to fix problems with Zygor. Is there no error-trapping, or error-correction routines built into the Zygor products? Just wondering.

EDITED: If I do delete the Saved Variables folder, as you suggest, then am I going to have to re-adjust everything on every one of my 24 chars, on 3 different realms, ... again?

Comment

I FOUND OUT WHAT WAS CAUSING THE ADVISOR TO POP UP!

The Talent Advisor had upgrades available for my Hunter's Pet talents, but the Advisor showed the character talents screen only. There was no indication given by the Advisor that the talents were in the "Pet" tab.

It seems to me, that if the Talent Advisor knew where the points were available to be applied, it then should open to THAT screen, not the character screen.

I know now that I have to do it manually, but the alternative would be more user-friendly and efficient.

Thanks for your time. Now, I'll have to configure all my char's settings again.

Topic is now closed.

Comment

The saved variable files can be corrupted if information isn't written to them correctly. This can happen with things like a game crash, system crash, etc.

Yes, if you were to delete the file then you would have to set stuff up for all characters again.

One thing you can do to help prevent the advisor from popping up like that again is to set the Learn Automatically option. Then the advisor will just spend the points automatically without opening the talent window and you'll get a message in the chat window for what talent was purchased.

Comment

Thanks cabby. My system does crash often (Error #132). My system is very old, and belongs in a museum of antiquities! I did have a few crashes last week, and that's probably when the file got messed up.

I still wish 'the team' would consider the suggestion I made in my last post, pertaining to adding new talent points for a Hunter's Pet:

It seems to me, that if the Talent Advisor knew where the points were available to be applied, it then should open to THAT screen, not the character screen.
                Thanks again, for clearing up the issue!

Comment

There will most likely not be any updates like that to the Talent Advisor at this point. When MoP is released Blizzard will be doing away with the current talent system and your pets will automatically just have all of the abilities.

The only thing that will be left for the Talent Advisor to do will be to give you suggestions on the 6 talent choices you'll get to pick from in your 90 levels and advice on glyphs.

Comment

Thanks for the info. There's one last thing I'd like clarification on. It's still unclear to me as to what is going to happen (or, not happen) to the version of Zygor's Leveling Guide that I have purchased up to this point (Cataclysm).

If Blizzard is going to make game changes in their next expansion (MoP), which will subsequently affect the Zygor's Leveling Guide's "steps and suggestions," will my Zygor version be updated to incorporate Blizzard's changes, or not? Or, is Zygor going to force me into buying a new "MoP-compatible" version, even though I am not going to buy MoP?

I've noticed that many of the existing bugs (and, especially user's suggestions & wish-lists) in Zygor's current version aren't being addressed. I'm not saying that -all- the suggestions and wishes are good ones, or even feasible, but some are, and have been worth including, yet haven't been. I just want to know what the plans are, and what to expect.

Comment

Any changes that Blizzard makes to the game that would affect the 1-85 guides you own will have guide updates. Purchasing the MoP expansion upgrade would cover adding the new Panda starting zone and 85-90 level zones, to put it simply. If Blizzard decides to go an re-vamp Outlands (not saying they will) then that will be covered in the lifetime updates.

As for the bugs and suggestions, we do the best we can to take care of the bugs but sometimes it can take some time to get the fixes implemented, especially in a situation like this where programmers are busy trying to finish off the Dungeon & Gear guides. Rest assured that we will get them fixed. As for the suggestion, I can't really comment on that aspect as any suggestion review and possible implementation is handled by others in the office and it's up to them what does and doesn't get added.

Comment

Working...
                      X