Major LUA Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major LUA Errors

After updating to the current guide, I am now getting so many lua error messages that After a minute or so I get a message saying that my addons are experiencing errors and need to be disabled. I disabled all of my addons except Zygor and it still does the same thing. Anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix for it?

What level, race, and location are you in?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Level 85 Blood Elf Hunter. Currently in Orgrimmar. Problems started yesterday when I updated to Zygor current version. I have already tried repairing the guide and that doesn't help any.

Comment

Normally a lot of LUA errors happen when the trial guides are installed and you're trying to access a guide that's not part of the trial. It's possible that something in your Updater settings got messed up and caused it to install the trial guides. Try the following steps to see if it fixes it.

1. Run the Updater (click on Abort if needed to prevent the auto-launching of WoW… if there is no Abort window hold the Shift key while launching the Updater)
        2. Click Settings
        3. Enter your Zygor website username and password into the proper boxes
        4. Click OK
        5. Click Repair

Comment

I just completed the steps as listed and it's still doing the same thing. From taking a closer look at the error messages, they all seems to relate to the clockwerks pointer. All the error messages mention clockwerks. Should I completely uninstall and reinstall the guide?

Update: I went in and changed the arrow pointer to midnight and it seems to be working ok now, but I did notice that it will not let me change the pointer any longer. Midnight is the only option it has. No clockwerks and no gem option are available now. Don't know if that helps any, but at least it's working again.

Comment

It sounds like you were using an old version of the guides. The clockwerk arrow hasn't been available for a while so you might have some old files installed that no longer pertain to the current guide version. When you run the Updater, go into the settings and make sure the top 2 boxes are pointing to the correct locations. It's possible that the Updater is trying to update files in the wrong location and that is why you were still having problems after doing a repair.

Comment

Same problem here

I'm having the same problem, Repair option didn't work.

It seems to happen if you change the current guide to a zone you are not in. Same cloqwerk errors referenced above.

Don't know what you mean about that pointer not being available, I did the repair and its still available to me.

Comment

Did you follow every step I have above? Are your Zygor website username and password entered into the Updater settings? Does the Updater display your name in the middle of it?

Comment

Yes, I followed your instructions. There is no issue downloading or repairing the client. I also wiped the folder out by hand and installed from the downloadable executable from the website just to be sure.

The errors start when the guide is tuned to a zone you are not in, or if you change into the zone the guide is set for then leave the zone.

I ran into it just now while doing Firelands dailies using the Zygor Firelands Dailies guide. I finished my cycle and clicked the flaming portal from firelands back to Mt Hyjal near the shrine and my LUA errors started clicking away. I clicked the Zygor window to choose a new guide and switching guides stops the errors. I can reproduce it by re-entering the portal to the Firelands with the guide on Firelands Dailies. Leaving the zone stops the errors.

Here is the error I get:
                  Code:
                  Message: ...e\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:119: attempt to concatenate a nil value
                  Time: 04/28/12 15:39:20
                  Count: 741
                  Stack: ...e\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:119: in function `ShowText'
                  Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1545: in function `ArrowFrame_OnUpdate_Common'
                  Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1094: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1090>

Locals: self = ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_Cloqwerk {
                   0 = <userdata>
                   ShowWarning = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:134
                   arrow = ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_CloqwerkArrow {
                   }
                   back = <unnamed> {
                   }
                   ShowTraveling = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:71
                   OnUpdate = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:57
                   OnMouseWheel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:138
                   OnLoad = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:47
                   ShowArrived = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:60
                   heretime = 0
                   gemhl = ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_CloqwerkGemhl {
                   }
                   gem = ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_CloqwerkGem {
                   }
                   waypoint = <table> {
                   }
                   title = ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_CloqwerkTitle {
                   }
                   ShowText = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:115
                   style = "cloqwerk"
                   here = ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_CloqwerkHere {
                   }
                  }
                  title = "Matoclaw"
                  dist = "far"
                  eta = nil
                  etatxt = nil
                  disttxt = nil
                  (*temporary) = nil
                  (*temporary) = ", "
                  (*temporary) = "Kalimdor"
                  (*temporary) = "Eastern Kingdoms"
                  (*temporary) = "Outland"
                  (*temporary) = "Northrend"
                  (*temporary) = "The Maelstrom"
                  (*temporary) = "attempt to concatenate a nil value"
                  ZGV = <table> {
                   CraptOnReload = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:4071
                   STEPMARGIN_Y = 3
                   AbandonUselessQuests = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.lua:570
                   UPDATE_FACTION_Faction = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Faction.lua:150
                   ICON_INDENT = 17
                   modules = <table> {
                   }
                   CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:311
                   MarkUselessQuests = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.lua:559
                   GetTargetId = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua:138
                   SetDisplayMode = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:1109
                   GoalOnLeave = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3012
                   CacheReputations = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Faction.lua:98
                   Profession_TRADE_SKILL_SHOW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua:67
                   UpdateCartographerExport = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua:1168
                   QUEST_PROGRESS = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestAutoAccept.lua:291
                   Options_SetupBlizConfig = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:1322
                   QUEST_COMPLETE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestAutoAccept.lua:302
                   FakeCompleteQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3095
                   PerformTradeSkill = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua:182
                   ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:276
                   OpenQuickStepMenu = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3208
                   SanitizeGuideTitle = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3534
                   WORLD_MAP_UPDATE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:2728
                   registered_mapspotset_groups = <table> {
                   }
                   recentAbandonedQuestID_proto = 14151
                   db =

Comment

I've done this a third time.

1. Removed ...\Interface\Addons\Zygor*
                    2. Downloaded fresh ZygorGuides_Updater.exe
                    3. Confirmed Location of Wow addons directory and location of launcher.exe
                    4. Logged into Game in Mt Hyjal with Guide set to Firelands Dailies
                    5. Entered Fire Portal to Firelands
                    6. LUA errors skyrocket
                    7. Leave zone through Fire portal
                    8. LUA errors stop.

Code:
                    Message: ...e\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:119: attempt to concatenate a nil value
                    Time: 04/28/12 15:47:01
                    Count: 348
                    Stack: ...e\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:119: in function `ShowText'
                    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1545: in function `ArrowFrame_OnUpdate_Common'
                    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1094: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1090>

0 = <userdata>
                     ShowWarning = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:134
                     }
                     back = <unnamed> {
                     }
                     ShowTraveling = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:71
                     OnUpdate = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:57
                     OnMouseWheel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:138
                     OnLoad = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:47
                     ShowArrived = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:60
                     heretime = 0
                     }
                     }
                     waypoint = <table> {
                     }
                     }
                     ShowText = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\Cloqwerk\Arrow.lua:115
                     style = "cloqwerk"
                     }
                    }
                    title = "Matoclaw"
                    dist = "far"
                    eta = nil
                    etatxt = nil
                    disttxt = nil
                    (*temporary) = nil
                    (*temporary) = ", "
                    (*temporary) = "Outland"
                    ZGV = <table> {
                     CraptOnReload = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:4071
                     STEPMARGIN_Y = 3
                     AbandonUselessQuests = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.lua:570
                     UPDATE_FACTION_Faction = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Faction.lua:150
                     ICON_INDENT = 17
                     modules = <table> {
                     }
                     CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:311
                     MarkUselessQuests = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestTracking.lua:559
                     GetTargetId = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Functions.lua:138
                     SetDisplayMode = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:1109
                     GoalOnLeave = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3012
                     CacheReputations = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Faction.lua:98
                     Profession_TRADE_SKILL_SHOW = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua:67
                     UpdateCartographerExport = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Waypoints.lua:1168
                     QUEST_PROGRESS = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestAutoAccept.lua:291
                     Options_SetupBlizConfig = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:1322
                     QUEST_COMPLETE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\QuestAutoAccept.lua:302
                     FakeCompleteQuest = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3095
                     PerformTradeSkill = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession.lua:182
                     ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:276
                     OpenQuickStepMenu = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3208
                     SanitizeGuideTitle = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3534
                     WORLD_MAP_UPDATE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:2728
                     }
                     db = <table> {
                     }
                     OpenOptions = <function

Comment

Try disabling all other addons you might have and see if you get these errors when Zygor is the only addon running. It's starting to sound like some kind of addon conflict.

Comment

No Dice.

Disabled ALL addons except ZygorGuides, followed same procedure above, still got LUA errors.

Code:

Time: 04/28/12 18:13:33
                        Count: 237

0 = <userdata>
                         }
                         back = <unnamed> {
                         }
                         heretime = 0
                         }
                         }
                         waypoint = <table> {
                         }
                         }
                         style = "cloqwerk"
                         }
                        }
                        title = "Matoclaw"
                        dist = "far"
                        eta = nil
                        etatxt = nil
                        disttxt = nil
                        (*temporary) = nil
                        (*temporary) = ", "
                        (*temporary) = "Outland"
                        ZGV = <table> {
                         STEPMARGIN_Y = 3
                         ICON_INDENT = 17
                         modules = <table> {
                         }
                         CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:311
                         ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:276
                         }
                         db = <
                        So, maybe it's that attempt to concatenate a null value like the error messages claim.

Also, if I switch to "Midnight" pointer, the error doesn't occur.

Comment

I guess with that being an older arrow there must be something in the code that's not quite updated right. I'll add this to the bug list for the guys to check into it to see what's going on.

Comment

It worked fine up until a couple of revisions ago. I recently updated my Zygor Guides after a while so I'm not sure what version I was on to the latest, but prior to that, it worked fine for months.

Comment

There has been some back end code work being done on arrows and stuff in the last couple months so something was probably just missed somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X