OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe the thing works. Old comp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe the thing works. Old comp.

Like the title says I can't believe the old comp works. It had messed up so bad the last time I turned it on I thought it died. Bought the thing from Alienware back in 2006. A Aurora.

Has:
    Windows XP Professional 32 bit
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.2Ghz
    2 GB of Ram DDR2
    2 nVidia GeForce 7800 video cards in SLI
    SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio Card
    Wonder if I can upgrade the thing?
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Should be able to upgrade it as they still sell some older parts like that on newegg. Really though, the only things I'd worry about upgrading would be the OS, at least make that xp 64 bit, or just take it up to windows 7 64 bit. I'd also upgrade the ram to the max the board allows.

Comment

I'm never going past XP on this computer. I may go 64 bit not sure yet. This computer is mainly going to be for old games that I have that won't work on Win 7 without a lot of changes and some that won't work at all. I had the first Warcraft Orcs and Humans running on it but I had to go Dos Box to get it working on Windows 7.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Understandable. I'd still upgrade to 64 bit though. At least with that you'll be able to allocate more memory to the programs than the 2gb limit that comes with 32 bit.

Comment

That's legit. I tried to re-install one of my childhood Pokemon games, and sadly it didn't work. Only compatible with XP.

Comment

Working...
          X