Need help with a reputation mount guide please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with a reputation mount guide please

I am trying to obtain the Cenarion War Hippogryph via the reputation option in mounts. I have completed 95% of it which I assume must be through leveling as this the first time I have used the mount guide. My next step is to accept Failed Incursion from Yseil Windsinger in Zangermarsh, but he only has 'Checking Up' and 'Storming The Steamvault', both of which are dungeons.

Any ideas of what quests I might be missing in order to get the Failed Incursion quest please?

It's ok I have switched to the Reputation guide..I think that will solve the problem

Comment

I found at bug on the above mentioned guide for the Hippogryph, it won't go past step 199 without clicking ctrl+alt

Comment

What does step 199 say? We don't actually have step numbers in the guide files so a description of the step would be really helpful.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Step 199 is a chain of 2 quests, the chain is titled 'Surrender Not'. Talk to King Mrgl-Mrgl, turn in #1 Surrender Not, #2 Escape From The Winterfin Caverns. All the steps thereafter are just various suggestions for gaining rep rather than actual quests. Hope that helps

Btw I would like to add that I have found the Cenarion War Hippogryph guide just a little bit difficult to work with. Some of the suggestions for gaining extra rep do not work, ie 'Collect 10 Unidentified Plant Parts'...but where from? 80.73 just takes me to the Frozen Sea where I would die from fatigue. Then there is 'Talk to Laurrana Thar'well, but she is nowhere to be seen at 80.64

Comment

Winow guide viewer suggestion

It would be very helpful if it stated on the viewer which guide is currently being used. I have so many guides now, I often forget which one I am using and have to flick through, leveling, loremaster, dailies and rep etc, to see which ones I have completed. The reason it's get confusing is I try to do a little bit of all of them everyday, and will often select one only to find it was the one I just came out of...hope that all made sense

*oops typo in the title

Comment

Ok, I think I see what's going on in the guide files. I'll get this added into the bug list. The same errors are in both faction guides.

For step 199, that is the last step of the questing part. It's supposed to jump you back to step 1 so you can select from the other 3 methods to gain reputation which is what you're seeing for the other suggested rep gaining methods.

For the collecting of unidentified plant parts, the guide is missing the zone name in the goto lines so it's not pointing you to the correct zone. You do the collecting and turn in inside Zangarmarsh zone, so if you go to Zangarmarsh in Outlands then the arrow will work properly (this is also where you purchase the mount). If you would rather stay in Borean Tundra do the ear farming section. For both of these you can get to the section very easily by just loading the guide at step 1. Just keep in mind that when you reach the end of each of these sections it will act just like step 199 because of the missing label for jumping the guide back to step 1.

For your suggestion, this is already in place but if you have the guide viewer window in compact mode or are hiding the title/borders then you won't be able to see it. The name of the currently loaded guide is in the title bar of the window in what looks like a list box.

One thing you can do to help with some of the confusion is to use the guide history that's built in. First thing you'll want to do is right click the Z icon on the mini map to open the guide options, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the first options window and set the history slider all the way up to 15. This will allow the guide viewer to remember the last 15 guides you had open and what step you were on. Now when you have the guide selection window open instead of clicking the Guides button at the top click on the Recent button and you can see the list of the last 15 guides you had open. It might not show the last 15 at first once you set the slider but after a day or two you'll have all 15 in there. You can use the Recent section to load up one of those guides you had open and it will automatically open it up to the step you had stopped on.

Comment

Ok thanks for all the above info. And yep I am a dummy I forgot the guide name and symbol is shown in the drop down box...I wouldn't mind I look at the damn thing everyday

Comment

Sorry but I've got another little problem, I am using the Northrend - Wyrmrest Accord reputations guide, and my next step 24 is to talk to Raelorasz to accept 'Prisoner of War' but he has nothing for me and I can't go any further without that quest.

Comment

From everything I see it should be unlocked if all of the steps are done. I'd suggest double checking to make sure that nothing was accidentally skipped in the guide, and also it might help if you load up the Borean Tundra leveling guide and see if anything was skipped in there that might unlock it.

Comment

I've checked both as you suggested and nothing appears to have been missed in the rep guide, although I did miss 'Travel To Moa'ki Harbor (quest giver Hotawa in Njord's Breath Bay) in Borean Tundra, but he also doesn't have any quests to accept. I've only got Grizzly Hills, The Fjord and The Basin to complete for Northrend Loremaster, maybe I will find the missing link along the way

Comment

I wonder if that quest got moved into the dungeon. The 'Prisoner of War' quest is for going into Nexus and defeating the last boss so maybe with all the changes Blizzard has made recently to the dungeon quests being moved inside the dungeons maybe this one was also moved into the dungeon to a different NPC.

Comment

Yes, the quest was moved inside the dungeon obtained from Warmage Kaitlyn.

Comment

aah ok thank you daeymien. Blizzard sure know how to complicate things

Comment

Btw does this mean I can only complete this quest if in a raid group?, because I can't find the NPC anywhere at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X