No announcement yet.

Magic Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, when I get on your nerves with that, but it does not work here.

I *completely* removed any! config data and deleted all cache,interface, wtf directories completely. (yes, naked wow)

Then I installed only! Zygor.

logged into my char, just for reference, Its "Terokkar Forest Guide" Step 98: Kill 20 Bonelashers.
    I go through the Zygor-first-time-startup sequence by using the fullautomate option.

I am hovering over Bonelashers, seeing them.

I klick on the skull icon in Zygor: no target.

BUT what happens when i click skull is:

* a bump-sound and
    * the quest area is suddenly appearing in my minimap.
    * and the waypointer changes ... ?
    - from "goto 41,51"
    - to "42,56"
    thats weird, since killing them is the only goal ?

As a matter of facts. This must be a zygor problem, since really really nothing of any other setting or addon is here atm.

When you give me more to check i will try. (i even tried the debug option, but saw nothing) I want this function so hard ;-)

Comment

just for the protocoll: 4.0.6445
      still not working:
      * klicking on names and icons to target something
      * as a a matter fact: the magic function

i am still fussing around with the addon "Quick target" but i have to either click the mop one time to copy the name, or type!! the name one time ... this is annoying, please please fix this.

Comment

i really hate to bump, but 4.0.6459 guide still not (partially) clickable

Cabby, are you saying it still works for you?

Comment

Will double check when I can... right now I can't get into servers due to maintenance.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I was just in game and did not have any problems with this feature. If I clicked on the little chat bubble next to a 'talk to ...' line (and I was close enough to the NPC) it would target the NPC and set a green triangle raid marker over the NPC's head. If I clicked the skull icon next to a 'kill ...' line (and I was close enough to the mob) it would target the closest one and put a skull raid marker icon over the mob.

I do not know why this is not working for you. The only thing I could suggest would be to do a wipe of your Interface and WTF folders so that it's a completely fresh start for addons and then try installing the guides again and see if it works. If it does work again then slowly add your other addons one by one testing the magic key function with each new added addon to make sure it keeps working.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              ... I do not know why this is not working for you. The only thing I could suggest would be to do a wipe of your Interface and WTF folders so that it's a completely fresh start for addons and then try installing the guides again and see if it works....
              yes, i did that, see post#90171.
              I doesnt work.

I am willing to believe, that my system is part of the problem, if only i knew how to pin that problem.
              And others seem to have the same effect.

Curious:
              As i said i removed the complete directories WTF, Interface, ... BUT my setting still gave me the nameplatesn. I dont remember that to be the default setting. (switching them off, doesnt solve the targetting issue)

Curious #2:
              When i click the icon i do get the same effect as the other poster: that the POI AREA is highlighed. That this happens on at least two machines, lead me to the believe, that it has something to do with accountwise-server-side-wow-settings .... ? (e.g. Macros, ...?)

EDIT:
              i created a new (free) account and new char ... activated only zygor: WORKS.
              *sigh* i will now compare the settings and will let you know.
              activating back *ALL* other addons: Zygor still working
              => it must be a setting, not an addon conflict.
              => it must be something saved serverside, since i removed all local settings
              =>> checking MACROS now

EDIT2:
              yes, by removing all macros i get zygor back to work ... weird.
              * getting all global macros back and it still works.

NOW THE CONCLUSION:
              it seems, that Zygor utilizes "the first" personal macro, tooltipicon included. When you have one personal macro the clicking function breaks ...
              remove personal macros: zygor works

thats it for me, i hope i may have helped

Comment

Thanks for that test and problem you've found. I've put this on the list so it can get fixed to not break with personal macros in the character tab.

Comment

Barracuda, do you still experience this? I'm trying to go thru some of the older bug reports on our one list and I'm able to get the click to target function to work with a personal macro in the first slot of both general and character tabs.

Comment

Hi there long time no see.

The target function is still not working properly for me.

When i want to target a questgiver or whatever and i click the icon. nothing happens.

Debug is saying

[23:42:05] Z: 35.045+-55819331 #270: [LibRover] 1. Go to Wing Commander Nuainn -- Wing Commander Nuainn
                    [1753] "Wing Commander Nuainn" = Shadowmoon Valley /0 39.5,53.7 [end] [closed] (mode:fly from [1755]) [my t=5.3/5.3] (t=5.3/5.3) COST DEBUG: mountup +5; (dist 8) {fly_end} (LibRover-1.0.lua:2512:ReportPath)
                    [23:42:14] Z: 44.019+-55792740 #271: goal clicked 2 (ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:3569:GoalOnClick)

Comment

How far away from the NPC or mob are you when you click the icon? We use Blizzard's targetting function and that will only work within a certain distance of the mob. If you're too far away then nothing will happen when you click that icon because you're out of targeting range according to Blizzard.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hi,
                        thanks for the answer. For testing purposes i am standing right infront of the target and have mous targetting and /tar xyz testet.

The issue seems, again, to be in combination with macros. This time i had no personal macros but a handfull of general ones. I saved them and deleted all macros.
                        And then the targetting with zygor works. (Though its not funny to loose all macros, its a result at least)

The other aspect i am bugged about this function:
                        1. it targets deadmobs. thats usefull for npc, but not for mobs
                        2. when i have three objectives, to e.g. kill 3 kind of mobs in one area. i have to klick through all objectives to find all three types. You know, that i have bound this keyboard-keys, and so i have to click three or more buttons. A cycle through function would be nice. (though i dont know how to do that)

Thanks for the product and keep up.
                        Chris

Comment

I just had that effect again, that the clicking on the icon didnt mark the NPC.
                          I checked on the macros and saw, that the "ZGYOR Helper Macro": ZGVMAcro# had the old target.
                          i did a guide step back and then step forth again ... and then the macro changed and the icon click worked.

This seems to happen on a regular basis. any ideas?

Comment

I don't have any but I have passed it on to the dev team for them to look into some more.
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                            X