Skip this step, or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip this step, or not.

If I decide to skip a step, and tick the box, is there any way to undo this if I change my mind? If there is I can't find it.

I am using the alliance guide to lvl a DK and everything is fine until the beginning or the Zanger marsh section The guide tells me to kill any mobs and collect 6 Fertile spores, as well as various plant parts.

No problem with plant parts, but no Fertile spores drop; must have killed 50 mobs in the area and not one. Is this an error in the guide or have I missed something?

PH

NB to Cabby: I bought the dungeons and gear guides yesterday, it looks good.

You mis-read that step. It says to kill Fen Striders to get the Fertile Spore drops. They only drop off those big guys and Boglash. It's any mob for the Unidentified Plant Parts.

As a side note, right now we're trying to figure out a bug in the Zangarmarsh guide that you might find when you get to step 62. When it tries to go to 63 it has a hiccup and goes back to step 1. It doesn't affect everyone, but if you have that happen you'll have to manually go to step 62 and then hold Ctrl + Alt to move forward a step until you get to 67.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ok, I see it now. I think it could be clearer there. I think the fertile spores are only of use for increasing rep with Zangermarsh, so unless you desperately desire to have great rep with them, I would posit that it is not worth waiting time on, I killed another 7 striders before I got one fertile spore.

Still don't know how to undo skip step?

But I am enjoying the guide after not using it for a while.

PH

Comment

It really depends on how you skipped it. If you right clicked on the step line and marked it Complete then you'll just have to remember which one it was and go back to do it on your own unless you want to reset the guides by deleting the Zygor entry in the SavedVariables folder.

For the Fertile Spores, they are for a quest that helps to build reputation with Sporeggar which the guide has you raise up to friendly for getting quests. If you skip it then you just have to grind out more rep for Sporeggar with other quests later on with about the same drop rate or skip the quests in the Sporeggar village.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

I've had Fertile Spores from sporebats, too. The drop rate is pretty horrendous whatever you get them from - seems like nowhere near the 34% that wowhead says.

I usually skip the quest to get 6 of them and then see what I have by the time I get to the Sporeggar quests - I usually have a few by then from other quests. Same with the plant parts - you get at least 10 from killing Marsh Walkers/Dredgers in the cave quests so no need to grind for 10 before then.

Perhaps the guide could be updated to reflect this.

Comment

Thanks for that, mzanger, I have found the same as i have gone through quests.

PH

Comment

Working...
              X