OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I get good gear when leveling with Zygor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I get good gear when leveling with Zygor?

I've got my first toon in the 80's. I'm wondering if Zygor is designed only to level as fast as possible or does it also take in account getting good gear.

You'll get whatever gear you choose from the quest rewards. The guide is indeed geared more towards hitting level cap as fast as possible.

Comment

I'm wondering if using Zygor will result in missing out on some quests that offer good gear.

Comment

Most likely not. At least not if you complete the last zones.
        Maybe after Blizzard downgraded some group quests in the 60-80 content there is some better gear available but as you level very fast through the whole content you often outlevel even that gear in a few hours.
        For level 85 equipment I recommend to quest Uldum and Twilight Highlands even if you hit 85 before finishing them. But you can also get the 85 blue set gear off the AH to get a good starting gear for dungeons.

Comment

I had already checked the AH for level 85 leather gear. There are only 3 blue pieces listed for 1500g each. There are a few purple pieces for 18k to 25k.

Comment

Then you seem to be on a rather unpopulated server. On my server the bloodthirsty leather items sell for 200-400 which is about one daily run per item. But not all are always available.
            You can also look up the mats at wowhead and let someone craft them for you.
            Intellect set:
            http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=966http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=965

Another option to get gear is to grind reputation for the Cataclysm factions by either doing dailies or doing dungeons with a tabard.
            Tol Barad and Firelands also give good items.
            Use the wowhead profiler (does not require a wowhead account) to get an idea of what items to get where. Normal difficulty dungeons can easily be done with green / blue Uldum / Twilight highlands gear.

Comment

The level and quality of your gear really is of lesser value until you hit 85 and need to build your gear sets for raiding. The gear that comes from the quests as you level are more than enough to keep you going in the leveling process.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                Then you seem to be on a rather unpopulated server. On my server the bloodthirsty leather items sell for 200-400 which is about one daily run per item. But not all are always available.
                I'm on a medium pop server. I checked Undermine Journal and I see the average price on my server for Bloodthirsty Leather items is in the price range you mention. But availability on all servers for these items is very low, usually zero.

Comment

I thought the PVP set availability was a bit better. Never looked for other than the plate stuff and plate has a good availability on my server.

Comment

I have found that if I level a character while using Zygor Guides all the way thru level 85 I will have sufficient gear to start running Cata Normal Dungeons to start my gear building. I almost never worry about gear until I get to level 85. I just take what I choose while leveling.

Comment

Working...
                    X