OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No idea what character to start playing, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea what character to start playing, help!

I am currently a level 41 mage and this is my first ever character on wow, I just seem to be getting bored of pressing the same sequence of buttons from distance dealing damage. I want to make a new character, but have no idea what is fun to play at all. As im really new to wow, any one have any suggestions?

Thanks loads,

In general all classes are now playable only by facerolling across the keyboard. That's WoW
    Only the amount of keys is a bit different. Arcane Mage uses not more than 4 different spells in combat. This applies to the other ranged DDs too.
    I personally find Rogue the most "difficult" character to play. It requires a bit judging of the situation. Are there other enemies near so I should spend more combo points in Slice and Dice. Or should I use Kidney Shot to take one enemy out of combat for some time to take less damage.
    But Rogue play style is not the one I like, I like to stand in the middle of the action. That's why I play Warrior. Not very difficult, you just have to watch some procs and you have quite some other abilities you need to use in combat.

Comment

Lock and Hunter are going to give you the same "pressing the same sequence of buttons from distance dealing damage". I'd say try a Pally or Warrior.

Comment

Rogue, Arms Warrior, or Feral Cat form of a Druid are the most "demanding" characters to play in WoW. Of those classes, if there is a rotation (as there is with lock or mage) there is no forgiveness for errors made.
        If you like your mage but want more of a challenge you might want to look into the fire spec. Of the three for mage fire is the more involved.
        You might want to consider the druid though. In that one class you have a healer (resto), tank (feral bear), melee (feral cat), and a caster (balanced aka boomkin or chicken). Even with the choices you make in the feral tree for tanking you still have decent damage abilities in cat form, if you need to spot DPS for fights that require only one tank (end-game playing).
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Just to let you know if you go RET Paladin then you will be face roll but it depends on procs. Basically Judgement then Crusader Strike to build Holy Power. Then Verdict Strike to expend Holy Power when full. Is your basic then come in all the procs and there are three procs to watch for. Art of War proc for Exorcisim Divine Purpose for Verdict Strike and the 20% enemy health left proc for Hammer of Wrath. Then comes the cool downs. Avenging Wrath to use Hammer of Wrath before the 20% enemy health requirement. Avenging Wrath I find only feasible really with the Hammer of Wrath Glyph to make it cost no mana or you'll be out of mana in about 2-3 Hammers. Then Zealotry when you have full Holy Power to get full Holy Power every Crusader Strike. Inquisition to increase Holy Damage. And last thing to increase damage Guardian Of Ancient Kings. For defense we have Divine Protection.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My favourite two so far are Assassination Rogue and Enhancement Shaman. Ret Pally bored me stupid - Warrior definitely more interesting. As far as casters go, shadow priest is my favourite.

My favourite over all has to be the rogue, though. I love attacking from stealth with a stun - mob is half dead before he comes round Great survivability, too - only one death from 1-85 and that was a bugged quest in Deepholm. Mobs just die too fast to do you any harm...

Comment

Working...
            X