NOM NOM NOM NOM....
    Troll much?

Comment

NOM NOM NOM NOM...
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

/em hands kinsten a cookie

Originally posted by kinsten View Post
        You would actually play a game that would make you spend 45 minutes running then wait 30 minutes for a boat, how much will this increase my IQ? sign me up!
        With your utter lack of any kind of answer to the questions posed it leaves one to infer that you have never actually played a challenging game and therefore have no actual basis for your arguments that WoW is challenging. How about this one, have you ever tried to go anywhere in WoW without a mount or flight path? Why not try to run from Light's Hope Chapel down to Booty Bay with no mount, no flight path, and no speed enhancement of any kind. Oh, and do it at level 10. Let me know how that goes for you.

You do realise that you're insulting everyone in this forum that enjoys WoW by saying their IQ is lower for playing right? I'm also starting to think you really believe that rather than a figure of speech which is disturbing.
        So far it appears that the only one that seems to be insulted is you.

Leveling a character to 85 is the introductory part of the game, level 85 end game content is where is at for the challenging aspect of the game, making it easy to level to 85 is good for subscribers. Blizzard is not going to invest all that time and money on end game content when players are struggling just to reach level 85,.
        Then why didn't Blizzard just automatically make everyone level 85 and not bother to invest the money in all the leveling zones, and then turn around and invest more money into re-vamping all the 1-60 content. If the game is only about level 85, PvP, and raiding why did they waste all that time and money with the rest of the content?

Is like you never played Cataclysm at all. Heroic Dungeons in Cataclysm is more difficult than WoTLK, there was a lot of complaints about it. CC is again a requirement for a successful dungeon run until you out geared it.
        Thank you for proving my point that the dungeons and raids are all gear based. And to be honest, with the changes Blizzard made to them to require some CC is still not challenging in any way when compared to the raids in EQ. Most old time EQ players were laughing when everyone started to complain about the changes to the WoW raiding.

I am actually embarrass for you for this paragraph. Its obvious that you lack the experience of end game content and yet you pass judgement on something you know nothing about.
        You have no idea what experience I do and don't have during my 4 years with WoW. You've already proven my point that it's all gear dependent.

You have an elitist attitude on how you want WoW to be a challenge and yet you don't take on the challenge yourself and create excuses that its all gear.
        Again, you have no idea what I have and haven't done in my 4 years of WoW, 5 years of EQ, and time spent with a large number of different MMORPGs. What experience do you have that you're basing your arguments on for WoW being a challenge?

Gladiators will faceroll you with honor gear.. and good PVE players will be able to complete the same dungeon or raid with less gear while you won't be able to complete it at all.
        And what are you using to base your knowledge of my skill level on?

You misunderstood again, the problem is I can't find them because the game is not popular.
        You can't find them because most of them are too embarassed to admit that they play something as simple as WoW.

They could have loss subscribers if they make the game harder to play.
        They could have loss subscribers if they kept the game the way it was.
        And what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Where is your MMO ? where is your 10 millions subscribers? How do you know better than Blizzard?

Every decision that Blizzard make for WoW is an calculated decision based on facts and information that only Blizzard have..
        Who else have 10 Million subs?
        Who else have the most accurate information of what the market wants in an MMO other than Blizzard?
        Who else has lost 2 million subscribers in a year? Who really cares how many they still have left? And when did Blizzard hire psychics to know what everyone wants?

You have nothing but your personal opinions so lets not treat it as facts.
        Yes, we all have opinions. There's a nice little saying about that too that I won't repeat on the forums. But please remember what you wrote here when you post your retort to this.

You're not fooling anyone, you don't even get the guides for free...
        What do posts from 8 months ago have to do with today? The past is the past and the present is the present. This is a fact that has never changed and will never change.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

NOM NOM NOM NOM...

Comment

Although I have to admit, that there is truths in this the point is I agree with Cabby. Blizzard dumb down the game to get more people to play. Many of the other games out there pre-wow if you died your screwed you would not only loss experince but you would have to go find your corpse in order to get your items, gold etc. And you if don't do this your items, money etc is Lost for good. The respawn time in Everquest was hours (Maybe I am off maybe it was 15 minutes I can't rememnber) I know I was full HPs and mana before they were even spawned.

Those that have played EQ should remember that SoW was your friend, if you had it you were God and you were also paid sometimes for it. Wizards which are mages were also paid for their transport spells which were also needed. As for WoW being a EQ clone um...yeah so of. Everquest was not though a Realm vs Realm game have to understand Wow's pvp is not true PvP true Pvp is everyone againts everyone same race everything and there have been true PvP games out there. WoW is similar in alot of ways too Dark Ages of Camolet which by the way had the first Battlegrounds etc. Well Wow is more Faction Vs. Faction in a pvp sense but its not a true all out pvp.

Too be honest I seen Everquest take thinsg from here and there to make their game better. Same with any other game, well the point is, everyone now has to complete againts wow in order to attact a bigger group cause of the fact that WoW has made the game too easy.

As for if I want a changle I usally play DDO. Everquest I went back too lately and I had some bug issues there etc. The other thing with Star Wars Knights of the old Repulnic I have heard it is going to be a WoW 2 um no. Wow and SWKTOR are two seapate game elements one is well fantasy the other space opera. Too be honest WoW is more sci-fantasy then Fantasy it has alot of sci-fiction aspects too it as well.

Comment

I think the biggest problem is that Zygor has spoiled us with top level stuff.
              We have had so much great use of the WoW guide that we can not live with out it.

Darn you Zygor for making such an amazing product.

Comment

Well, obviously I like WoW enough to have stayed with it for three years. My point was only that I need a change of scenery, storyline and the like. I'm not sure if SWTOR will fail but I think I'm going to try it for the mere change of pace. If it fails utterly, I guess I'll be back but so far, it looks cool

Comment

Just an update on my SWTOR experience so far:

1) Queue times SUCK! Haven't seen anything this bad since WOTLK came out 3 years ago. Ended up giving up on high pop servers and went to the new ones.
                  2) The environment graphics are as nice as anything I've seen in WoW but the actual toon graphics are only so-so. Hands that are supposed to be on a hip sometimes float above it. Hair is very unrealistic looking compared to WoW graphics.
                  3) Combat animations are ok compared to WoW. The sword/axe and spell animations are pretty nice in WoW but much of the light-saber moves are fine but nothing special. The pistol and blaster shots aren't anything special.
                  4) Healing bullets?! Weirdest thing in a battleground is to have someone machine-gunning heals into my chest. And throwing green gas which everyone runs out of when it's actually 'healing gas' is, well... a gas (snicker snicker).
                  5) Very slow leveling! WoW 1-10 can be done in maybe an hour and a half? Takes about 4 hours in SWTOR? Also most require a level 9 or 10 'group' to really clear the quest lines.
                  6) And a lot of the slowness is the audio dialogues. Instead of text, every quest giver has a cutscene dialogue with you. You can have the text subtitled but other than hitting the escape button, you can't fast forward through the scene. If you do escape through dialogue, you're sometimes left with a question/decision to make when you don't know what the conversation was about and can't back up. So I end up just watching every cutscene but doing so for every quest you pick up and turn in makes it very slow!
                  7) One PVP bg SUCKS! Plus, there's no cross-server queuing for bgs and on a low population server, that can be a long wait.
                  8) Multiple 'hearthstones' is nice. You can pick up any Cantina in the game and go to any of them (on a 30 min cd).
                  9) Companions ROCK! Companions dispose of your trash from your bags and craft while you're out questing and they can also tank, dps or heal for you! And everyone has them. I'm seriously considering rerolling until I get a jawa companion (cute little mini-jedi looking buggers). But perhaps I'll get one later.
                  10) Keybind pls?! OMG I miss good keybinding too. You only have 10 'quickkeys' and can only bind those 10 (which, why would you bind 1-4 to another key). I've bound the =,-,0,9 and 8 to different shift a, s, d, q and e but in WoW, I must have every primary button hotkeyed including mouse buttons 4 and 5.
                  11) Obviously, a considerable lack of online help on talent specs, rotations and there are no addons as yet. Old school healing by clicking on your raid frame and hitting the right button. And no Zygor!
                  12) Map sucks. Can't zoom out to see the whole continent or planet, just the zone you are in. Also doesn't highlight quest givers in a different color so at first, may miss a quest giver and have to go out again in the same area. Can only highlight one thing (can't have trainers and flightpoints on at the same time?!). They show up on minimap but not on the big map? Terribad.

So, overall, I'd give it about a b+ compared to WoW's A+. Hopefully will improve and it is different which is what I needed after several years of WoW. It's a little bit of WoW with lightsabers and blasters with a few wrinkles and a much different storyline. But WoW has certainly spoiled a lot of us

Comment

Just wanted to point out a couple things.

2. They've said that there is a bug with the high quality graphics so you're really only seeing medium quality right now. I don't know if that plays into the observation you've made regarding the character graphics.

7. I believe I read somewhere that they plan to implement cross-server stuff but they wanted to get the basics down and working good first.

9. The only class that gets the Jawa is the Bounty Hunter. You can find a nice listing of all the companions here: http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2011/07/swtor-companions-list.html

10. You can have more than one hotbar visible. You do this in the UI section of the options and you can have hotkeys assigned to each of the 4 visible hotbars and the companion bar.

Comment

Thanks, I had the other bars up but didn't realize you could hotkey to them. How do you like it so far?

Comment

I do enjoy the game. The voice quest dialog that you don't like too much I find to be a great way to feel immersed in the game and it just sucks me in and I lose all track of time. And of course there's nothing better than shooting your friends filling them full of heals.

Comment

You insulted me. I play wow and I guess you think my IQ has been lowered. I can't believe Zygor lets you insult the very people that has made Zygor guides a ton of money. Thats just bad business to let a tech bash his custmers like your doing. I will not buy anymore guides from Zygor as long as your allowed to post on these forums. Your IQ can't be raised or lowered thats just a stupid statment. I have played SWTOR since beta. I preordered it before beta. I've been playing it since the game was released to preorder custmers since the 13th of December and I have a level 12 Jedi Knight so show for it. I don't want to watch a game I want to play it. I can only habdle SWTOR fo about half an hour a week because it bores me. Huttball is awsome. Flashpoints are awesome. The reat is a bore to me. I will discontinue playing soon. What you don't realize is not everybody thinks the same things are fun. I played EQ, well I tried. It was so boring to me I couldn't continue. What you consider a challenge I consider a bore. Running for a boat for 45 minutes, you got to be kidding me. You are trying to take custmers away from WOW and send them to SWTOR and I can't believe Zygor guides allows pou to do it. You need to go over to SWTOR forums and be a tech there. Stay away from WOW if you hate it so bad. You are in the minority with your thinking anyway. Thats why WOW has so many more subs than EQ, EQ 2, and several other games have combined. I don't know why you think EQ is such a challenge. If you like grinding kills and using words in a sentence to get a quest is a challenge then I feel sorry for you. If you like being immersed in a game story I suggest you play single player RPG's like Skyrim.

Comment

I'm going to go ahead and close the thread. Mods and staff can post on closed threads, so I wont be interfering with the communication. However, I dont see this threads direction being useful or productive.
                            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                            X