OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So speculate how long until MOP? June, August, October, December or ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tips

These tips enforce the idea that Valor points will be used to upgrade your gear (likely by increasing item level) as stated in previous interviews. They also note the introduction of account wide achievements, which were implemented in this patch. They also reference
    Alleria and Turalyon!

• You can earn Valor points from daily quests, scenarios and dungeons to upgrade your best items.
    • You can queue for Scenarios to run short group content.
    • You can change your class specialization, talents or glyphs by visiting a class trainer.
    • Most achievements are account-wide. If you have earned the points on one of your characters, they will all share the points.
    • Visit a Pet Battle Trainer if you want to collect and battle companion pets.
    • You can't fly in Pandaria until your reach level 90.
    • Nobody has seen Alleria or Turalyon in years.
    • Major Glyphs modify your spells in interesting ways. Minor Glyphs are more cosmetic or convenient.
    • Companion pets are account-wide. If one of your characters has a pet, all your characters can use that pet.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Scenarios
      • Crypt of Forgotten Kings - Investigate an ancient mogu crypt that has become infested with the Sha.
      • Challenge Test
      • [PH] The Eye of the Tiger - DO NOT TEST
      • Greenstone Village SP - FOR INTERNAL TESTING ONLY
      • Brewmoon Festival
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

New Objectives

It isn't yet clear if these steps are only for scenarios, so don't assume that all of the mentioned areas will be a scenario just yet.
        • Bring 100 Unga Brew to the Brewing Cauldron. - Fill the Brewing Cauldron
        • Defeat the Shado-Pan Leader and cleanse the Pool of Life. - Cleansing the Crypt
        • Kill the Abomination of Anger. - Destroy the Sha
        • Defeat the monsters attacking the Greenstone villagers. - Save Greenstone Villagers
        • Defeat Vengeful Hui. - Defeat Vengeful Hui
        • Recover and return three Stolen Kegs to village dojo. - Recover Stolen Kegs from Forest
        • Defeat the Sha corrupted forces inside the Temple of the Jade Serpent. - Complete the Temple of the Jade Serpent
        • Defeat the forces creating chaos within the Stormstout Brewery. - Complete the Stormstout Brewery
        • Defeat the forces opposing you within the Shado-Pan Monastery. - Complete the Shado-Pan Monastery
        • Defeat the Mantid forces assaulting the Gate of the Setting Sun. - Complete the Gate of the Setting Sun
        • Defeat the Mantid forces sieging the Niuzao Temple. - Complete the Siege of Niuzao Temple
        • Complete the Mogu'shan Palace
        • Defeat the necromantic forces within Scholomance. - Complete Scholomance
        • Defeat the forces of the Scarlet Crusade. - Complete the Scarlet Halls
        • Travel to the Masons' Quarter and awaken the unconscious villagers. - Rescue Greenstone Masons
        • Defeat the forces of the Scarlet Crusade inside their monastery. - Complete the Scarlet Monastery
        • Summon and defeat the mighty dragon turtle, Gamara. - Summon & Defeat Gamara
        • Summon and defeat the grummle-eating, snow-stalking horror, Jol'Grum. - Summon and Defeat Jol'Grum
        • Summon and defeat and defeat the playful fire spirit, Hui. - Summon and Defeat Playful Hui
        • Summon and defeat the wandering yaungol warrior, Chagan Firehoof. - Summon and Defeat Chagan Firehoof
        • Ring the gong a final time and claim your reward from Wodin. - Claim your Reward
        • Speak to Mayor Bramblestaff at the inn. - The Brewmoon Festival!
        • Collect the ingredients for Mayor Bramblestaff. - Brewing the Kun-lai Kicker.
        • Stop the Yaungol attack on Binan Village. - The Yaungol attack!
        • Defeat Warbringer Qobi. - Warbringer Qobi
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

New Mail Templates
          • Time For a Celebration! - Yo, name! Since we're neighbors now, I thought it was right to celebrate! Come on down to the Halfhill Market anytime and take a load off! I'll even let you shoot off these fireworks at the market. Just don't set anything on fire, like Chee Chee did that one time...Anyways, see you soon! Your neighbor, Gina Mudclaw. Halfhill Market: The best local market with the best local prices!

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

At the completion of scheduled server maintenance during the week of April 30, the “Power of the Aspects” spell will grow more powerful, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the Dragon Soul raid by 20%. This spell will grow progressively stronger over time to reduce the difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Raid Finder difficulty.
            Don’t need the help of the Dragon Aspects? The spell can be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul.
            We hope you continue to enjoy Dragon Soul, and that these changes encourage you to attempt a higher difficulty, or just keep pushing to down that next boss.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Armor Videos

Mists of Pandaria - Updated Armor Sets Videos
              A couple of armor sets have been released over the past weeks and we had to go back at a couple of them to make more detailed previews. The new video previews should be fairly representative of the sets you will see in the final version of the game!

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists Of Pandaria Beta - Build 15640 Mounts

The latest beta patches added a couple of interesting mounts to the game, and I know you guys like mounts! Time for a mini-preview.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Blue Posts

Account-Wide Achievements
                  Our intent is that most achievement rewards (mounts etc.) should be at the account level. I can't promise that because it's not in and working yet, but that's the intent.

There are probably going to be enough account-level achievement questions that we should put a blog together to explain it all. We'll see if we can find time to do that.

The word 'most' seems prevalent in any discussion involving the account-wide achievements. Is there a specific sort of achievement that should be character-only?
                  We aren't planning (for now) to have any character only achievements, but there will probably be some account only achievements. These would be things like level a Horde and Alliance character to 90, which wouldn't make sense for one character. Technically, an account-only achievement is different from account-wide, hence the "most." Maybe it's too technical a point to bother with though.

Ranged Weapons in MoP
                  There are two issues here getting muddled together:

Ranged weapons will have the stat budgets of two-handed weapons. You can treat them as two-handed weapons in most respects. That work hasn't been done yet.

Ranged weapons are not going to be compensated for the loss of stats from no longer having a melee weapon equipped simultaneously. This is because all ranged-weapon slot type things have gone away, so everyone is affected evenly. However, we also want your damage when you log in for the first time to be about the same as it is now, so overall your damage will be compensated in a sense.

We want to confirm that, at this time, all World of Warcraft Annual Pass subscribers have been invited to the Mists of Pandaria beta test, with two groups of exceptions. One exception group are those who purchased an Annual Pass on or after April 18, and will receive their invite in a future wave. The second exception is a small list of remaining accounts from previous waves that encountered an error, and will be properly flagged for beta access as soon as we can resolve the issue.

If you haven't yet purchased an Annual Pass, you still have time to guarantee your spot in the beta by signing up for a year agreement (link) before the offer expires on April 30. Those taking advantage of the Annual Pass receive Diablo III for free, access to the Mists of Pandaria beta, and the exclusive Tyrael's Charger flying mount for your World of Warcraft characters.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria Beta - Dungeon Armor Sets
                    Today we're continuing the armor sets preview with the Mists of Pandaria dungeon sets! Those armor models will be used on the rare gear you get in 5-man and heroic instances and they will most likely be the armor your characters will wear for a while before you actually clear raids and gear up! It's also a very nice opportunity to try something new on the website!

New website feature - Image Gallery I'm giving another try at the whole image gallery thing! Clicking an image in this post will bring you to a very nice gallery that will let you browse through pictures easily.

You can click the top right icon for a very fancy full screen mode.
                    The original picture in full resolution is still available through the "Original" link at the bottom right.
                    Using your left/right arrows keys to navigate between pictures should work, if you don't like clicking.
                    It should work fairly well, but don't hesitate to post bugs in comments.

And because I know you're going to ask. No mail dungeon set for the moment in the game files.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Next Beta Build will add Mogu'shan Palace and Shado-pan Monastery to the game

According to Zarhym's recent tweet, the next beta build will be released very soon and will raise the level cap and add two more dungeons to the beta: Mogu'shan Palace and Shado-pan Monastery.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X