No announcement yet.

Zygor is MIA with new patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, Curse took some time to get the update online, I saw it was updated today but it was still 1.0.6a...

Comment

Arcticprince, is Zygor guides the only addon you're trying to load? Do you have the latest 3166 version of our guides? Our guides should be working just fine with the 4.3 patch unless you're using the Portuguese client. All other clients it's working perfectly fine on so that would mean it's another addon causing you grief if you're not using a Portuguese client.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Didn't see your post arcticprince. Looks like this is exactly the problem that happened with FishingBuddy (game hanging in the loading screen). According to daeymien it is most likely an addon using an outdated LibTourist.

A standalone version of LibTourist (and other libraries) can be found at wowace:
        http://www.wowace.com/addons/libtourist-3-0/files/
        So if an addon causes trouble you can try installing LibTourist as separate addon.
        Last edited by Cartman; November 30, 2011, 03:54 PM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

When I open the addons I see that Libtourist3.0 is in red and says dependency missing. I have gone to curseclient and updated libtourist but I still hang on loading. I looked at that link you had but the date of the program is April of this year. My problem started with the update a couple of days ago and the game plays fine as long as I dont run any addons. I am not sure how a file from 6 months ago will help as it does not address any updates since Apr.

I downloaded Libtourist from wowace and extracted over the top of the old file. I still have the same issues. When I open the Addons, Libtourist is in red and it says dependency missing.

Comment

Ooops, linked to the wrong file, here's the list of LibTourist releases, the newest is at the top of the list:
            http://www.wowace.com/addons/libtourist-3-0/files/

Comment

Sorry, but that didn't help either. I tried both installing the new libtoursist file with curseclient and when that didnt work I downloaded the file and overwrote the existing. I still have the lockup and in AddOns, LibTourist is still in red and says dependency missing. When I hover the moust over, it also says Dependencies:LibBabble-Zoone-3.0. Dont know if that is an error message or just and ID.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

LibTourist seems to need LibBabble-Zone.
                Looks like it would be better to check which addon causes the trouble instead of installing library after library. Known for the problem are FishingBuddy and FishingAce but I think both have been updated now. Maybe some addon messing around with the map or minimap.

Comment

Looked through my list of addons and do not have fishing buddy or fishing ace. Does Libtourist need to be installed, or can I just delete the folder, reboot and then copy the newly downloaded folder over?

Comment

If none of your addons needs LibTourist you can remove it. I looked through mine and only FishingBuddy uses it.
                    Did you try disabling all addons except the Zygor guide and then start WoW?
                    It's a nasty work to find out which addon causes the crash but as you are using the Curse client you can narrow it down to one of the outdated ones.
                    Consider using Addon Control Panel if you don't already have it to turn addons on and off while being logged in. Then start with only the Guide active, then all not outdated addons. And then turn on the rest one by one.

Comment

I have been having lots of problems with wow locking up during the loading process. I have read lots of possibilities (fishing buddy, etc) but I do not have any of the mentioned add ons installed. As of right now, the only add ons that are running are:

QuestHelper, QuestHelper Data (Base), QuestHelper Data (enUS), etc.

No other addons are running. WoW locksup just as the minimap loads.

If I disable those addons, I can run just about any other addons that I wish. The program loads and plays just fine.

I have refreshed, and reset and even deleted the folders where addons are stored and reloaded, but the problem continues.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

According to the comments at wowhead QuestHelper is not compatible with WoW 4.3:
                        http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/quest-helper

If the built in WoW questhelper does not satisfy you I think Carbonite has many features that QuestHelper has. Maybe Cabby can verify this as I don't use Carbonite myself

Comment

Haha, hard for me to verify that Cartman as I have only glanced at QuestHelper once maybe a year or two ago.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sure but you know what Carbonite does.
                            Questhelper mainly shows quest targets on the map and optimizes a route. So you collect several quests and then follow the path shown.
                            Thinking about it, we have Zygor's guide exactly for that

Comment

Carbonite's Quest module basically does the same thing as QuestHelper. There's one or two differences like area highlighting on the map where kill quests are and a few toggles for different things but on the whole it's teh same idea.

Comment

Man I was so screwed up. I thought that Quest helper was part of the zygor guide! Ok, it is disabled and everything else is working.

Thanks for your patience...

Comment

Working...
                                X