Alchemy and Inscription Profession guide review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alchemy and Inscription Profession guide review

Okay after completing the Blacksmithing guide "TWICE" again which is a great guide but has a few issues that need to be fixed. I decided to level another toon with Alchemy and Inscription.

First Alchemy: Okay here is one problem i have with this guide and probably the Largest issue I have. I have an Herbalist/Alchemist already. I wanted another Alchemist and also put inscription on that same toon. so I figured I'd use the guide with my already maxed Herbalist/Alchemist because I have herbalism already maxed it would be easier to farm. Wrong the guide is totally useless!!! I could not go step by step as to where to farm because it would see that I already have it maxed and went right to the end. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to go back to the farming points and well honestly this pissed me off. So I had to write down what I needed from the guide on my toon I was leveling then go to various web pages to find the best places to find where to get these herbs as I couldn't use the guide that I payed for. so yes that pissed me off. Then there are a few issues in the guide numbers are off and so is what to make in certain levels. One thing it said I needed 120 of and it didn't use any of it so that was over an hour wasted farming. So I wasn't please with the Alchemy guide. It should be fixed so that even if the toon is maxed you should still be able to go step by step through the guide because I needed a second alchemist.

Now for the inscription guide...This guide Sucked Ass!!!! Now I could go through the farming portions with my herbalist because it was a herbalist/alchemist so I was able to get what I needed from where I needed. But again numbers are off and no it's not because I didn't get a skill point or what not its just that it didn't gather enough for the inks and so on so I had to go out farming again for the missing herbs. next what to make Hahahaha that's exactly it What to make so many steps said make '?' or make Nil. I just looked at what I had as options and created what would give the best skill gain. This guide is so bad I would say that it needs a total rewrite as it's not a guide it's a mess.

But in the end I was able to level both from 0-525 in two days and was easier as I was farming the same materials anyway so farmed extra. to meet what was needed. So a word of advice for those that are thinking of making an alchemist or inscriptionist I would suggest you make both and gather enough for both at the same time as you will save a lot of time. I mean you are there anyway gathering what you need.

Sorry Zygor please review and fix the alchemist guide and please please please rewrite the inscription guide.

Mythos

So far leveled 2 Blacksmiths from 0-525 and and alchemist and inscriptionist from 0-525. I'm also still working on my Leather working but still need to farm another 1400 leather for the final portion.

one thing i have learned is to hate farming haha

You can go back and forth in a guide by holding CTRL and ALT while pressing the next and previous step buttons. This prevents the guide from skipping anything.
    Putting the farming routes into separate guides has been suggested but in your special case it wouldn't have helped you as you needed the names and counts of the professions guides and not only "here's a guide where to get this herbs".

Recently a bug in the inscription guide was reported about wrong inks in the 275-290 section. Apart from that I didn't see bug reports about it. The problem with the ? in the guide may be related to Blizzard's caching and preventing too many server queries. Sometimes opening the professions window, visiting a vendor or a trainer helps. If not a /reload fixes it.
    Inscription is always a pain to level as milling herbs gives random results. So if you are unlucky you don't have enough pigments for the inks needed. I often had far too many of one pigment while I didn't have enough of another...

Comment

Working...
    X