Pet and mounts guide not showing in add ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet and mounts guide not showing in add ons

I have just purchased the pet and mount guides to compliment the leveling guide I purchased last week, but the pet one is not showing in the enable/disable area when I log into WoW. Although I am able to select a guide from the guide viewer that feature was there when I installed the initial leveling guide so was expecting to see the pet in the enable area as I said above. Am a little confused and unsure as to whether I really do have the full pet guide that I purchased

The guides won't show in the addons listing to enable or disable them. They are all displayed thru the same guide viewer window. Do a Repair with the Updater to make sure you got rid of any trial versions of the pet guides and then when you're in game just use the normal guide selection method to load up a pet or mount guide.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ok I wasn't sure. Thank you. Do you know of any map guides that are compatible with Zygor?, I want something very basic but with the location numbers that people often use. I only ask because I know sometimes some addons have conflict issues

Comment

The guides are compatible with most other addons. I know it might be a bit more than what you're looking for but I personally use Carbonite for my maps and love it.

Comment

Oh wow...no pun intended, but you are right the Carbonite IS brilliant, thank you again. I have also just downloaded your Flight Path Guide, and being the noob I am, I am not sure where to unzip it. Is it a regular add on?

Comment

Well, you really don't need the flight path guide anymore with how Blizzard recently made them all unlock as you level. But if you want to use it just extract the files into your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides folder then you'll see a new entry in the guide selection screen.

Comment

Well I won't be leveling up very fast as I am using the lore master guide. I bought Zygor to help me level up fast but I am now on a mission to complete all the quests instead, so I am working my way through all the low levels first. So the flight path guide might be useful for me as I am still only level 43

Comment

It seems I have to be level 85 to use it, so I can't use it after all.

Comment

Which guide, the flight path guide? You can ignore the warning and load it. But it is recommended that you are at least level 60 and have flying skill.
                  Cabby created the guide to help getting all the new flight points for those that have leveled before Cataclysm. Some flight points may be difficult to reach if you can't fly (I don't know if paths across mountains are included in the guide for example).

The problem is that you automatically get flight points in zones appropriate for your level. So you have all the flight points you need while leveling. If you don't get a flight point you normally are too low and therefore may get in trouble reaching it riding on the ground.

Comment

When I created that flight path guide I did add some extra steps and routed it so it would be ground mount friendly.

Comment

I've only just got round to really studying the Pet guide and considering how amazing the leveling guide is, I have to say I am more than a little disappointed. There are only a few pets to search for in each category, for example there are just 7 vanity cats in the feline section but no mention of the large rare combat cats.

I don't know if the Pets and mounts should also be showing as a separate addon as the talent advisor does, if so it does not show in the manage add addon at the start of the game. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling in case the Pet guide didn't install the first time but it hasn't made any difference. Please tell me there is more to this guide than just a handful of creatures in each catagory

Comment

The Pets guide does not deal with any hunter pets, only the vanity pets. Zygor even named it 'Vanity Pets & Mounts' on the main page to try to help point out that there would only be vanity pets in the guide. Unfortunately there are still quite a few people that see it's a pets guide and automatically start looking for the hunter pets. That said there should still be about 140 vanity pets in the guide to collect.

And no, it won't display as a separate addon because it uses the Guide Viewer addon to display the stuff.

Comment

Aargh, ok my fault for not reading the description properly. And yes I realised after I asked that you have already told me that the guide does not appear in the add ons section. My excuse is that I am old and don't absorb information like I used to. But at least I can stop TRYING to 'will' pets appear in the guide.

Comment

I'm always forgetting stuff too. Now this isn't official, but with the number of people looking for a hunter pet guide I wouldn't be surprised if Zygor is thinking about it.

Comment

Oh yes that would be great if they did consider doing that
                              My favourites in the game are definitely the hunter combat cats.

Comment

Working...
                              X