Magic key missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic key missing

After upgrading to the latest release today, the magic key option is missing in the option screen.. Has it been pulled from development?

That's a good question. I don't ever use it so I didn't even notice it was gone. We'll have to wait for one of the team to answer this one.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

From Version: 3.3.3024 changelog:

Guide Viewer AddOn

fixed modelviewer anomalies when using fullscreen map or alt-z
      MagicKey disabled
      As cabby said, will have to wait for one of the team on when/if it's coming back.

Comment

I'm having the same problem so i don't think its isolated. It still works on my other characters but can't set it up on a new one.

Comment

Thought I was going mad then. Was looking everywhere for the option for the magic key and could not find it.
          I wanted to change the keybind but due to the option being removed am unable to do so Luckily I at least have it set up on each character

Comment

Originally posted by daeymien View Post
            From Version: 3.3.3024 changelog:
            MagicKey disabled
            As cabby said, will have to wait for one of the team on when/if it's coming back.
            Strangely it is not disabled as it still works. We just can't change it or set it up.
            Hopefully it comes back as I have gotten quite fond of this functionality.

Comment

Yeah. The function wasn't disabled, just the setup section. :shrug:

Comment

Do we think this will be addressed or is there a workaround available for it ?

Comment

I put it in into the list of known issues so it does not get overlooked.

Comment

The Magic Key has been shelved for the time being to allow for further development to be done on it. No estimate on when this feature might return. Sorry
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

HEY-My magic key still works, and though sometimes it doesn't always go to next step, it ALWAYS shows quest giver etc. I have noticed I am flying through quest givers and like it a lot. Sure there are some glitches but I think you should keep it!. Either way-it is still working on my hotkey and I don't want it gone. As a matter of fact, please tell me how to enable it for all my characters...

Thanks

Comment

They disabled it by removing the ability to set it to a hotkey. This means that any old characters that already had the keybind set will be able to somewhat use it but new characters won't be able to set it.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                        X