Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Few Questions from a New Purchaser

Hello All,

I am new to this I found your guide why looking around and I have to say the leveling guide trial I did was extremely good. I then proceeded to buy Horde Titles, Reps and Macros and The Profession and Achievement Guide. I was disappointed at first it lacks substance that the leveling guide had a couple of things I saw needed to be addressed in the achievement "Got My Mind on My Money" the guide literally says Loot 100 gold.
    Really? that seems pretty simple to me I could of read that on the achievement page and done it. I personally think that that achievement could have a little more meat like maybe based upon the players level the best place to loot high amounts of money.
    I assume the as of now these new guides are still a WIP and will be greatly expanded upon the next few patches.

Now first question: Lets say I wanted to buy multiple guides would there be a way to buy a bundle and save some money or do I really have to buy all the guides. I want all the guides (well all the horde ones).

Second Question: My Waypoint Arrow seems to be sending me 100 yrds off course when doing a guide

Third: Is the Mounts guide a lot better I tried the trial and it seemed incomplete.

Originally posted by raventrigun View Post
    Now first question: Lets say I wanted to buy multiple guides would there be a way to buy a bundle and save some money or do I really have to buy all the guides. I want all the guides (well all the horde ones).
    Right now there are no 'bundles' for all guide for a faction. I believe that Zygor is looking into something like this as it's been requested a lot. Zygor is also looking into the possibility of some kind of subscription model that would a low monthly fee for access to all guides. There is nothing official at this point as to if or when either of these might happen, so for now it's just how you see it in the Members area on the Manage Guides tab.

Second Question: My Waypoint Arrow seems to be sending me 100 yrds off course when doing a guide
    Could you please give more details on this? Things like guide, step number, where the arrow points compared to where you needed to go, and which arrow you're using. Also, try disabling any other addons you have to see if it keeps doing it in case there is an addon conflict messing with the arrow.

Third: Is the Mounts guide a lot better I tried the trial and it seemed incomplete.
    I personally haven't played around with the Pets and Mounts guide yet to have a full grasp of it. When you say it seemed incomplete to you can you give an example? Also, please keep in mind that since it was the Trial version there would be very few pets and mounts listed and they'd probably be the easier ones to get.
    For a complete list of the pets and mounts included in the full guide (as of 2 weeks ago) check out this post: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post69468

And finally, as you say the new guides do seem to be a little bit like a WIP. It seems to me that when they were created the goal was to keep them simple and easy for the end user to follow. The downside to this is it makes them feel 'lacking' when compared to the Leveling guides. Zygor and the team are listening to all suggestion on ways to improve them in order to give everyone exceptional guides and raise their 'wow' factor to put them on par with the Leveling guides as something in everyone's 'must have' list.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well I have been working on my death knight and the arrow in most of the steps is showing the opposite direction from where the green blip is on my map. It happens when I do netherwing dailies or most guides. I actually found that if I open map after it goes the wrong direction and close it it resets to the proper direction
      My Addons:
      Trashcan
      LUI
      Carbonite
      QuestHelper2
      Bag Manager
      MountainofMounts
      Plethora of Pets
      Auctioneer
      Daily to-do

When I mean incomplete it was like I was just reading the information from wowhead instead of something I had to do there were no steps. Example lets say I chose Dire Black Wolf it would say become exalted with org, then end of guide.

Comment

Are you using the built-in waypoint arrow or the Carbonite arrow for the guides? Also, have you updated to the latest 3035 version of the guides?

Ah yes, some of the mounts and pets require a specific reputation level to get. I can see how it seems a bit lacking by just saying to get exalted with Org. The easy solution to this would be for it to load up the needed reputation guide for Org, but since the guide (in game) can't tell if you own the Reputations guides to send you to that the best it can do right now is just tell you that you need exalted.

Comment

Originally posted by raventrigun View Post
          Well I have been working on my death knight and the arrow in most of the steps is showing the opposite direction from where the green blip is on my map. It happens when I do netherwing dailies or most guides. I actually found that if I open map after it goes the wrong direction and close it it resets to the proper direction
          My Addons:
          Trashcan
          LUI
          Carbonite
          QuestHelper2
          Bag Manager
          MountainofMounts
          Plethora of Pets
          Auctioneer
          Daily to-do

When I mean incomplete it was like I was just reading the information from wowhead instead of something I had to do there were no steps. Example lets say I chose Dire Black Wolf it would say become exalted with org, then end of guide.
          I know I'm not a moderator but you may want to look into disabling either Carbonite or QuestHelper2 and see if it fixes it. Once you get to Cata quest helper wont help you anymore seeing it hasn't been updated in ages. Right now you have 3 programs that all want to tell you where to complete quests and it may be conflicting somewhere.
          --PvP Junkie--

Comment

Good catch. I missed the QuestHelper addon in the list. By having both QuestHelper and Zygor wanting to control the waypoint arrow this will cause issues. Zygor is compatible with Carbonite so there shouldn't be any issues with having that enabled. Please try it with QuestHelper disabled and see if the arrow starts behaving normally again.

Comment

Originally posted by sobeit81 View Post
              ...you may want to look into disabling either Carbonite or QuestHelper2 and see if it fixes it.
              I'd lean toward QH2. It's been know to cause conflicts in the past and I've been using Carbonite (and most of the other addons they listed) w/ ZG for awhile now and never had any real problems.

Edit: I have the Questing module in Carbonite turned off also.

Comment

Working...
              X