Poor First impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor First impressions

Having used an excellent product, I decided to purchase the recent 3 addons / updates. I was really disappointed!! The content is such that step 1 go here, step 2 buy tabard, step 3 do instances. There are limited guides for all sections. It would appear to be an un-finished product, with some sections refering you directly back to other guides. Recycling content is one thing but the effect will be to undermine your already "gold Plated" product.

In the professions, say mining, i wanted to go through the step by step guide but as it detected i had 525, it went to step 1,2,65ish, with no rewind. For cooking, it does not check what level you are at and use SIS to put you in the correct step.

This is after buying ALL 3 guides and i have a very bitter taste and feel that this is a major step back for the whole team. You should have done better.

I bought the rep/macro guide for $20 and am initially unimpressed with the rep guide. I have a similar flavor that the original post cites. I have not worked with the macro guide yet, I hope it is better. Zygor is the "gold standard", but this in my opinion is a bit of a let down.

I'm wondering if WoW itself is not "jumping the shark" as we speak and this is the beginning of the end? Seems a bit early, was it not launched in 2004? You'd think we'd get 10 years out of it.

Comment

The guides were created with the subscription idea in mind so everyone would have had all guides.
      With the quick change of this due to customer demand some things got missed (some guides have to appear in several sections).
      The Zygor team are working hard polishing the guides and implementing new stuff. For example some BC factions are still missing in the reputation guides (Ogri'la).

Comment

Thanks for some feed back. Specifically with the rep guide, there is only a subset of guides in there and for example if you wanted to get Alliance Vanguard rep, you need rep with 4 other factions, that are not included in guide. For me a rep guide should contain as near all factions as when i buy a box of cereal i do not expect it to be 1/2 full, but i do allow for a settling / bedding in period. 15 plus reps out of 30 plus factions ???? The level of content in these 3 new guides is sub-standard based on your leveling product full stop. I do not need to continue to push this point any further, but i do appreciate that my comments are not moderated or removed.

Comment

I have faith in the Zygor team and they will make it right as they set high standards for themselves and their products

Comment

Originally posted by conradflitz View Post
            In the professions, say mining, i wanted to go through the step by step guide but as it detected i had 525, it went to step 1,2,65ish, with no rewind. For cooking, it does not check what level you are at and use SIS to put you in the correct step..
            I'm not sure that the guide routing you to the end when you already have the profession maxed out is necessarily a bad thing. That is the intended function of the Smart Injection System. However, you can easily browse through steps by holding Ctrl-Alt while clicking through steps. As for Cooking, it has the same routing system as all of the other guides so could you explain what you mean by "it does not check what level you are at and use SIS to put you in the correct step."
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

The guide routing to the end is fine, but i wanted to farm some mats so i was hoping to step through the guide with the typical click on the previous / next step buttons.I thought this was the default that each click brought you through all steps one at a time. right click on these buttons invoked SIS.i have just tested the Ctrl-ALT and that works to achieve the step by step. The cooking guide only checks your level when you actively open your cooking sub menu on the WOW interface,then it scans the recipes learnt and then SIS takes over. You have to open the recipes section though. (not like normal SIS, right click and off it goes)

I appreciate the points you are making, it would just be nice to see consistancy across all guides. (btw i am also doing inscription 0-525 and found a few bugs but this is not the place to discuss same) bugs can be fixed.

As regards my original point about content in guides, well let us wait and see then.

Still a fan, willing to be impressed yet again by the team ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by conradflitz View Post
                The cooking guide only checks your level when you actively open your cooking sub menu on the WOW interface,then it scans the recipes learnt and then SIS takes over.
                For the recipes you always have to open the professions window otherwise the guide will not go ahead on a "learn this recipe" steps. This seems to be a normal behavior of WoW as other addons also can only scan known recipes when opening the professions window (Atoholic, ATSW).

Comment

Just a quick note on the reps guides, for the home cities, i think buy a tabard is not acceptable. you should run through all Q's that give you rep. you already have them in you original guide. used the Sons of Hodir guide, and that was fine, thanks, but any guide that has 2-3 steps is not really a guide, it is just padding.

Nearly 2 months since launch !!! need better content / routing please

Comment

Working...
                  X