OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, hopefully they offer this as a secondary option Sooooooooon™. Me want!

Comment

Thank you!

I said I wouldn't use Zygor products ever again if I had to pay a subscription fee for them. Thank you very much for listening to feedback, am very happy with this decision.

Comment

Good!

Personally I think the withdrawal of the plan to move to subscriptions is a good thing. Cpnsole yourselves with the publicity this little misadventure has given you and the fact that the majority of your client base has not been alienated.

Comment

Thanks for listening

Smart move - thanks for listening to your Zygor community.

Comment

Both payment models is a good idea

While I would not want the subscription model, I can see where many might. I see no problem in offering that as an option. I do appreciate that you listened to your customers and were not so rigid as to forge ahead anyway (ala NetFlix...).

Good luck. Your leveling guides have changed the game for me entirely. I probably would have quit WoW years ago without it. I don't really care about most of the other guides,but I might be persuaded if the price were right...

Comment

Really?

What a trip...you guys give me false hope with a subscription plan, making me think I can finally afford all my guides. But wait! Haha! Gotcha! No subscription, sucker!

It's sad.

Sounds like false advertising.

Don't be lazy. Get richer. Offer both payment options. Make everyone happy.

Now *that* would be "hearing your customers."
              Last edited by manicmaniac; September 29, 2011, 12:10 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

What Zygor has done is alienate customers, which is not a good thing. Instead of deciding to go either/or, he decides to go all or nothing, which I just can't understand. It's a stupid decision, period. I would really like to know the thought process behind this. You could please both parties, but you end up deciding to say "screw you" to half of them.

I am sorry if I'm coming off as combative, but I'm a little irked right now. It's annoying that you say you've "listened to your customers" - what about all of your customers who actually wanted this to happen? What do they get? As it stands now, all we've gotten is a slap in the face and a "you're not important to us."

Comment

What about a small monthly subscription fee thats like a payment towards the product?
                  Say a guide is $40 and you pay a $6 subscription for say 9 months after that you own the guide and the updates, sure you could pay for the guide in 6 months that way but like a credit payment you end up payinga little more to break it up into multiple payments.

The only issue would be someone that stopped their subscription early and how to handle that. Maybe make it so the longer you pay the higher the guide goes in levels.
                  Free version level 10
                  1st month level 20
                  2nd month level 30
                  ... 8th month level 85-90

This way you do not get the entire guide but you unlock different levels.

I realize alot of people wont like that idea but for those that prefer a multiple payment option it could work.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzaard View Post
                    What about a small monthly subscription fee thats like a payment towards the product?
                    Say a guide is $40 and you pay a $6 subscription for say 9 months after that you own the guide and the updates, sure you could pay for the guide in 6 months that way but like a credit payment you end up payinga little more to break it up into multiple payments.

The only issue would be someone that stopped their subscription early and how to handle that. Maybe make it so the longer you pay the higher the guide goes in levels.
                    Free version level 10
                    1st month level 20
                    2nd month level 30
                    ... 8th month level 85-90

This way you do not get the entire guide but you unlock different levels.

I realize alot of people wont like that idea but for those that prefer a multiple payment option it could work.
                    No. If I'm gonna do something like that, I want the whole thing at once. If I cancel early, have an early cancellation fee or something.

Comment

Thank you for listening to your customers.

Comment

I find it strange that this thread has so many subscription supporters. Were you posting in the other two subscription threads? I thought that pretty much everyone was against subscription and I don't recall seeing very many at all in the other threads, aside of course from forum moderators.

It would make more sense to please both bases but I as someone who was firmly against subscriptions am very, very happy to hear this news. With the option to purchase future guides for a flat fee I can continue to enjoy the best WoW guides on the market. I've always been sort of cynical when it comes to Zygor but I did not see this coming at all and it certainly wins points with me that you would abandon a model you put so much work into to please your current userbase.

Comment

I was wonder if you guys are going to make a guide for the new starwars mmo that is coming out if you are you have aalready sold 3 just because of the great job you are doing with wow

Comment

Ya gone good Zygor guys.

Ya gone good Zygor guys. I knew you would. I will likely be buying all your guides.

/bow

Comment

thank you for this

Comment

Originally posted by hexrapper View Post
                                I find it strange that this thread has so many subscription supporters. Were you posting in the other two subscription threads? I thought that pretty much everyone was against subscription and I don't recall seeing very many at all in the other threads, aside of course from forum moderators.

It would make more sense to please both bases but I as someone who was firmly against subscriptions am very, very happy to hear this news. With the option to purchase future guides for a flat fee I can continue to enjoy the best WoW guides on the market. I've always been sort of cynical when it comes to Zygor but I did not see this coming at all and it certainly wins points with me that you would abandon a model you put so much work into to please your current userbase.
                                I posted in the other thread that I was looking forward to it, yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X