OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all I would like to say that I have been a very satified customer of Zygor guides for more then 3 years now. You always seem to have your customers thoughts in mind when making any changes and that to me is a rare quality. Most companies today only think of how much money they can make no matter what their customers want. Secondly, I think having both options, the one time fee per each guide and the subscription fee would be the way to go. That way your customers would simply have the choice of which they would like to use. Some people do not want to pay a monthly fee simply because they are not able to for various reasons. Only using one of your guides is a good reason not to want to pay a monthly fee for all of them. I believe there would be alot of people interested in paying the monthly fee however to have all of the guides. I for one would like to have the choice. My plan was to at some point have most of the guides but since I am disabled money is always in high demand. lol It would be easier for me to pay a low mothly fee then it is for me to pay $35.00 to $40.00 at one time,(whatever the price may be) There would be one or two of the guides I would not use but most of them I would like to have at some point. So for me the monthly fee would be more beneficial. It is easier for some to pay a low monthly fee but others would not see it that way if they only plan to use just one guide. I would like to see both options made available to people so they can choose which is the best option for them. Good luck with what you decide to do

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
      You're going to find that every guide vendor charges differently for their content. If you want to make the Dugi comparison, we added a massive amount of content to our Leveling guides for the Loremaster achievement absolutely for free. On the other hand, Dugi's Loremaster content is sold as an entirely separate guide and he charges $30.00 for it.
      but dugi loremaster also includes Dungeon guides and Zygor Leveling is more expensive so we technically payed for the loremaster.

Comment

Originally posted by kinsten View Post
        but dugi loremaster also includes Dungeon guides and Zygor Leveling is more expensive so we technically payed for the loremaster.
        Our Leveling guides are $5.00 more. You're saying you would rather be forced into buying a totally separate product for $30.00 in order to get something that should be included in the Leveling guide? Fair enough, can't argue with that. :-)
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I am one who has rarely posted on your forums, I'm not much for words. I could not resist but to express my thoughts after reading so many posts. All of this back and forth, feelings, and emotions demonstrate one thing, your consumers are passionate about your product. I applaud you for actually listening to your customers, not many companies do these days. I have been a faithful customer of your product and look forward to the release of your new guides. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jrzy View Post
            I am one who has rarely posted on your forums, I'm not much for words. I could not resist but to express my thoughts after reading so many posts. All of this back and forth, feelings, and emotions demonstrate one thing, your consumers are passionate about your product. I applaud you for actually listening to your customers, not many companies do these days. I have been a faithful customer of your product and look forward to the release of your new guides. Thank you.
            Hey thanks, we appreciate the support!
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Wow, you listened!

I posted a very displeased letter yesterday. I'm very happy that you've decided to scrap the forced subscription on everyone. I for one, out of the 3 sets of guides; Professions & Achievements, Vanity Pets & Mounts, Titles, Reputations & Macros, will only want 1 of these. Professions and Achievements. Quite frankly I could care less about the achievements. I dont care at all about vanity pets, (I give them away), I dont care about mounts (I only want 1). Titles, dont care, Rep, semi care, macros, hey I'm the macro machine, I love making up my own macros and have spent a lot of time looking up what I can do with the macros.

Anyway, thanks for listening.. Oh, and btw had the price been half that much for a sub, I might have been interested. I just didnt want to pay 72 a year for (which between expansions is 2 to 3 years) all the guides. Like I stated above, I'm not interested in all of them.

Thanks again, you have once again gained my support as a customer, and I'll see what I can do about getting you more customers. 8))

Comment

I was carefully weighing all my options and figuring out what was right for my pocketbook after seeing your email.

Tonight, I was coming back to the forum to post how incredibly sad I was to have to decline the subscription model. Having already purchased all of the current guides, the subscription model just didn't make financial sense to me ... Yes, I understand for new players who are just discovering your INCREDIBLE guides.. then it would be a benefit for them.

I was also looking forward to several of the new in game guide options... So I was disappointed that not opting into a sub would lock me out of purchasing future guides. That had me disappointed but I woulld have lived without them.

I hope you can come up with a solution that makes a subcription a viable alternative for new players, while continuing to offer new releases as a one time purchase for your established customer base. That seems to be a viable win / win option.

I was already scrambling to find alternative guides. Although I have used several.. My preference is for your Interface. Its ease of use and your attention to detail and frequent updates have made me a happy customer over the past 8 months or so... I am so glad I can continue to enjoy your future releases.

Thanks for listening to your customers. its been a rough few days all around - so it seems. I wish you well in future releases and with your business plan. Doing business in these economic times must be a challenge.

Comment

Afer I've written a lot about the subcriptions at thuesday and a lot of work in the past two days, I finally want to say: Thank You, Zygor!

I'm glad I haven'd bought another guide since thuesday and I'm really looking forward to hunt archivements with this new guides - even if I have to wait buying them, as a degree dissertation comes first. Would really like the millionaire-in-RL-guide, mentioned in one of the discussions last days

So Thank you again and keep up the brilliant work!

Comment

Personally, I don't think the subscription idea isn't all bad. The timing is just wrong. The economy is fledgeling and tiimes are lean. I bought the ZGuides when I had the expendable cash. If the subscription idea were to happen now, honestly, between keeping my WoW account and the sub, I'd choose to let the sub go and keep my account going.

Comment

If I had a choice I would prefer the subscription idea, it would give you income and would help my monthly bills. I can't always afford one big clump payment. It would have helped my bottom line. I hope this will be an option in the future.

One of the reasons for going to the subscription plan was to give you some more steady income. Will zygor be able to keep afloat using the clump method? Or did I misread that?

Either way, i will stick with Zygor I've tested out several others and this is the best.

Comment

Yeah thats what Im worry about one of the support guys said it was this or shut down. and now that everyone wouldn't even give it a shot I wonder how long they will stay open.
                        All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
                        LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
                        LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
                        LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
                        LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
                        LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
                        LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
                        LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Nobody on the Zygor team ever said it was subscription or shut down. That was just another person speculating. Zygor's been going for about 5 years on the one time payment system and I'm sure he'll be able to keep going.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                            Nobody on the Zygor team ever said it was subscription or shut down. That was just another person speculating. Zygor's been going for about 5 years on the one time payment system and I'm sure he'll be able to keep going.
                            http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...tures.-)/page7

Post #69

Comment

Ahh, but that seems to be in reference to a different post a couple months ago. Not sure if it's still relevant.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I doubt they need to shut down. With the new guides sold without subscription they'll make more money now than with a subscription based model. And if Blizzard surprises us with the release date of the next expansion (some expect it to come in the first half of 2012) many people will switch to the subscription instead of buying the upgrades for the guides.

Comment

Working...
                                X