OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh im just so happy now... it no longer feels like my dog ran away

Comment

Originally posted by hexrapper View Post
      I find it strange that this thread has so many subscription supporters. Were you posting in the other two subscription threads? I thought that pretty much everyone was against subscription and I don't recall seeing very many at all in the other threads, aside of course from forum moderators.

It would make more sense to please both bases but I as someone who was firmly against subscriptions am very, very happy to hear this news. With the option to purchase future guides for a flat fee I can continue to enjoy the best WoW guides on the market. I've always been sort of cynical when it comes to Zygor but I did not see this coming at all and it certainly wins points with me that you would abandon a model you put so much work into to please your current userbase.
      Those taht are happy with something rarely speak out.

Subscription supporters probably read the email, watched the vid, grinned and went on their way. Those that didn't want it are the ones that spoke out.

This happens a lot on forums across the internet

Comment

Originally posted by buzzaard View Post
        What about a small monthly subscription fee thats like a payment towards the product?
        Say a guide is $40 and you pay a $6 subscription for say 9 months after that you own the guide and the updates, sure you could pay for the guide in 6 months that way but like a credit payment you end up payinga little more to break it up into multiple payments.

The only issue would be someone that stopped their subscription early and how to handle that. Maybe make it so the longer you pay the higher the guide goes in levels.
        Free version level 10
        1st month level 20
        2nd month level 30
        ... 8th month level 85-90

This way you do not get the entire guide but you unlock different levels.

I realize alot of people wont like that idea but for those that prefer a multiple payment option it could work.
        I think this would be a really good idea, but as sarg338 has already stated there should be an early repayment fee. But this should be offered alongside the current payment method, this way people get to choose how they pay for a product and everyone owns the guides at the end and you get a steady income. I don't think people like the idea of "renting".

Comment

Customers

Stop giving Zygor so much grief for these decisions. Believe it or not, making these guides, especially with the technology they develop, costs money. They have legitimate staff and programmers to make this happen. This is a process.

He didn't slap the face of half the community, what he saw was an uproar from a large percentage against the subscription fee. Out of fear of losing his client base, he made the only decision that seemed logical: keep the same model for now, add the subscription option very soon.

A subscription program would give Zygor the means he needs to create new guides and take the ones they already make to the next level. A flat fee limits this greatly.

A suggestion for you Zygor:
          Have a subscription "PREMIUM" program that gives benefits that the flat fee program will not (not just all your guides free, but exclusive guides too, etc.). Keep both and let people decide which one they want. $3-5 dollars a month would be adequate for the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post

Subscription supporters probably read the email, watched the vid, grinned and went on their way. Those that didn't want it are the ones that spoke out.

Exactly! Why post if I'm getting what I want?

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post

This. Ever hear of the term "vocal minority?"

Comment

Originally posted by rscgamer View Post
                I think this would be a really good idea, but as sarg338 has already stated there should be an early repayment fee. But this should be offered alongside the current payment method, this way people get to choose how they pay for a product and everyone owns the guides at the end and you get a steady income. I don't think people like the idea of "renting".
                I love the idea of "renting", thanks. But not that "Rent to Own" mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Orithoc View Post
                  Stop giving Zygor so much grief for these decisions. Believe it or not, making these guides, especially with the technology they develop, costs money. They have legitimate staff and programmers to make this happen. This is a process.

He didn't slap the face of half the community, what he saw was an uproar from a large percentage against the subscription fee. Out of fear of losing his client base, he made the only decision that seemed logical: keep the same model for now, add the subscription option very soon.

A subscription program would give Zygor the means he needs to create new guides and take the ones they already make to the next level. A flat fee limits this greatly.

Have a subscription "PREMIUM" program that gives benefits that the flat fee program will not (not just all your guides free, but exclusive guides too, etc.). Keep both and let people decide which one they want. $3-5 dollars a month would be adequate for the long run.
                  An "uproar from a large percentage"? What proof do you have that the people who posted are a "large percentage" of every person who has ever bought a Zygor guide?

Comment

Hey Zygor!,

Thank you for choosing to bring the one time payment option back. I would have done the subscription but I much prefer to pay 1 large lump sums and then not have to worry about a subscription. As many have mentioned the subscription model was a good idea however it was not a good idea to get rid of the option to do a lump sum. Many people hated the idea of the subscription but some liked the idea. By switching to one or the other your not keeping all the customers happy. You should really try and get both models working side by side to keep everyone happy.

Thanks again for bringing back my preferred method of payment.

demon012

Comment

Originally posted by Orithoc View Post
                      I disagree with this. There is no reason whatsoever to make content exclusive to the subscription plan. That would just cause more issues with those who want to stick to the flat fee.

It does make sense to just go with both models though. They say that subscription is out of the question for now, but I'm sure that down the road it will resurface. Having both models offered would work fine.

Comment

My Two Cents...

...I found the subscription option very appealing and would still like to see it happen.

I understand that for some people it will work out best to have a one time payment option per service (so they can pick and choose). Others would be completely comfortable with a monthly subscription providing some or all of your "services". I hope you provide all these options. And soon.

I personally would by all "services" on a subscription basis if I had the choice.

May I also suggest, since you are a small and very customer oriented company, that in the future you send an email survey to all your registered users and possibly solicit ideas for possible pricing changes and then re-submit those choices to all of us so you can get a better idea of your customer-base and their wants and desires.

Keep up the good work!

- Streborahp Kilrogg/US

as·sume   [uh-soom] Show IPA verb, -sumed, -sum·ing. verb (used with object)

1. to take for granted or without proof; suppose; postulate; posit: "to assume that everyone wants peace."
                        2. to take upon oneself; undertake: "to assume an obligation."
                        3. to take over the duties or responsibilities of: "to assume the office of treasurer."
                        4. to take on (a particular character, quality, mode of life, etc.); adopt: "He assumed the style of an aggressive go-getter."
                        5. to take on; be invested or endowed with: "The situation assumed a threatening character."

**(Remember, when you "assume", you are making an ASS out of U and/or ME)**

Comment

Originally posted by blacklimoband View Post
                          Excellent customer focus as always guys Honestly though, I don't see any issue with offering both payment options... buy each guide outright separately (and only pay for the ones you want) or subscribe for a low monthly fee and get access to all guides? Leave it up to each customer to decide which payment option they prefer?

Anyways, awesome news on the new guides, I think I'll go Pokemon on them and catch 'em all (OMG... I can't believe I just used a Pokemon analogy... wth??? /facepalm)
                          Hey! We actually use a Pokemon reference in a later video this week, haha. What a coincidence. :-D Thanks for the support (everyone)!
                          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I would like to hear from Zygor, or someone else, on why they can't make both happen now, or in the next week like planned? I'm guessing that they had the framework, and hell, most (if not all) of the programming done already. Why not just release it as planned, but as an optional 2nd option? What's holding you back? Are you gonna wait for all of this to die down, and then bring it back up?

Comment

Originally posted by sarg338 View Post
                              I would like to hear from Zygor, or someone else, on why they can't make both happen now, or in the next week like planned? I'm guessing that they had the framework, and hell, most (if not all) of the programming done already. Why not just release it as planned, but as an optional 2nd option? What's holding you back? Are you gonna wait for all of this to die down, and then bring it back up?
                              This is what I would like to know, as well.

Comment

I would have loved the subscription.

Comment

Working...
                                X