OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Hey!

The response to our subscription payment model plans has been
    overwhelming. Even at a drastically low price point, it seems
    that a subscription option is not favorable at all.

So, we are brave enough to try new things, but also humble
    enough to admit when we are wrong. So... we were wrong, we
    made a mistake - sorry. :-(

We assumed that customers would very much prefer to pay a small
    and manageable monthly fee over time, rather than large one-time
    payments for our guides. We also made the fatal mistake in
    assuming that everyone would like to have all of our products
    if the price was right. Wrong.

In light of these discoveries, we will be abandoning the
    subscription payment plan until further notice. If anything,
    we may add subscriptions as a second payment option later on.
    However, for now, we'll be going back to our tried and true
    model of selling products for a one-time fee, with expansion
    upgrade fees.

Now, we understand how this may look, with us changing business
    models within a few days. However, we would like to believe
    it shows the ability that small businesses have to react quickly
    to customer feedback - good or bad. At the end of the day,
    it is our job to keep you happy, and we know that. What better
    way to do that than to listen to your customers and give them
    what they want? :-)

That is exactly what we are trying our very best to do. We
    made a mistake - we admit that, but now we are working to fix
    it.

There will be 3 new separate products available for purchase:
    1. Professions & Achievements
    2. Vanity Pets & Mounts
    3. Titles, Reputations & Macros

We will pin down the prices to finalize them before the products
    are released. We look forward to continuing to provide you
    with high quality products to increase the enjoyment of your
    gaming experience!

We'll be releasing another video tonight, so stay tuned.

Let us know what you think, thanks!

Take care.

John Cook
    Zygor Guides, LLC
    http://www.zygorguides.com
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Honestly, I would've prefered the sub method myself. Hopefully in the future you'll be able to offer both the one time payment and the sub method. Either way, yours are still the best on the market hands down and everyone knows it.

Comment

I wouldn't say it was a total mistake Zygor. In the past few days the community has showed what they like, dislike and will tolerate. Also we bickered, fought, agreed, complimented a few here and there (sounds like a family thanks giving doesn't it :P). I guess what im getting at is if nothing else this has proved that when need be the community can and will act like a family (including the part about how you cant choose your family but can choose your friends).

In all honesty I do want the sub option maybe each package has a sub option available along side the one time price, it could even work out to be costing a little more over the long run for all i care. Cause lets face it there are those of us that cant always dish out the cash in one lump every time something new and shiny comes out, no matter how much we want it.

Edit2:
      Sorry to all that read this and it goes all over the place, its been a long day, but the thought is there if you can muddle through it.
      Last edited by venom925; September 28, 2011, 08:29 PM. Reason: bad typo edit2" added more

Comment

Thank you so much MR Zygor I cant wait to see the new guides and what they offer!!!!

Comment

Thank you very much for listening to us. I agree that having both payment plans (sub. and lump sum) might be a great option being that some want the subscription and others, like myself, want the lump sum. I am very grateful and you may actually have a new customer soon, being I have explained and updated my boyfriend regarding all of this. He too thinks that Zygor's is awesome for listening to their customers. /hugs Thanks for making my night.

Ellifane

Comment

i for one couldn't be happier with the decision you have made. i am looking forward to purchasing the new guides when they are released. thank very much zygor

Comment

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this. I do really like the guides but there was no way I was going to subscribe. I realize that your company has to make money and having a guaranteed income stream per month would have really helped your bottom line. I could envision Zygor guides being able to hire more developers and release a higher quality product; but, truthfully, everyone knows that WOW's days are numbered.

I hope your company is able to recover from the ensuing backlash you are now experiencing and cooler heads prevail.

No matter what else I'd like to tell you that I really do appreciate your guide and your apology.

Apology accepted. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gothicknight View Post
                i for one couldn't be happier with the decision you have made. i am looking forward to purchasing the new guides when they are released. thank very much zygor
                Agreed! I forgot to mention that I, too, will be buying your expansions when they are released and when WOW releases another expansion.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you Zygor. I am most interested in the professions guide but show some interest in the vanity guides as I have 109 mounts and 110 pet's so I may be persuaded to buy all the new guides even reputations/macros if bundled at a reasonable price as you have always done in the past for "early adopters" of your products.

Thanks for listening to you loyal customer base

Comment

Dulak and I have a point unless I sounded or wrote it wrong. I do like the sub idea just wanted to have the ability to purchase the guide outright if I wanted to at some point. Anyways, I guess this topic is done anyways.

Comment

Zygor, I knew you would not let us down...I always loved to pay one time...and you gave me that back.....Thanks

Comment

Just when you convinced me taht subscriptions were good things!

If in the future you decide to implement this optionally, I'd probably go for it.

Comment

Zygor, the main problem is that we are about halfway to the next WoW expansion and many people bought the guides and upgrades one year ago or less (dailies guide upgrade came later).
                          So everyone who already paid quite an amount for the upgrades would have to pay the subscription only for the new guides while new customers get all for the 7.99.

You can stick to the subscription as an alternative for new customers or maybe make subscription packages where you can select the guides you want. For example make a subscription only for the 6 new guides for 2.50 a month. That way you'll get a similar amount as with selling them for a one time price considering a two year lifecycle.
                          Then something about 4.50 for the leveling guides and 1.00 for the dailies and events or put those together with the leveling guides at 5.50 and we're at your target price for the guides.

With the next expansion people can chose to upgrade the lifetime guides for a one time fee or use the complete subscription.
                          That way existing customers would benefit that they bought the guides within the last year or upgraded from WotLK to Cata.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was getting ready to get my credit card and pay the subscription. I would much rather have it!

If at all, at least consider it as an optional subscription. Don't like it? Don't use it! Making it optional makes it so both sides are happy!

Comment

Thank you

Thanks for listening

Comment

Working...
                              X