Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really wish you'd reconsider. I won't be subscribing, particularly at that price, which I think is too high. I could justify buying and upgrading your guides as the whim took me, but I sure don't need to increase my WoW monthly cost by over 50% just to have access to the new guide. This is not a happy fun change, and I think will antagonize many of your currently happy customers.

Comment

I choose not to post in the previous post as I'm typically one to jump the gun (except when this was first posted a few weeks back) but am glad to see some info has come to light.

However, I can't help but feel the 15 dollar per month was the intentional goal with this for your company, but it seems you were scared out of going so high due to the amount of hate in the other thread.
      Not saying that's the case and that that price was set, but, it does appear that way to me.

There is still a bitter taste (It's smaller than it was earlier) about this whole thing, but... it does seem to be some-what fair for both parties.

The ability to buy out-right the incoming expansion is a great trade-off to us old buyers. Though, it's just for the next one, correct? Obviously not something you want to continue forever. If you do mean for just the next expansion, it would be nice if you would clarify that in the post.

It's disappointing I won't be able to buy the professions guide without subbing, but, I guess I will have to bite the bullet if I want the guide.

Thanks for clearing this up, Zygor.

P.S, No more teaser videos, please, for anything. Half the time it's for something insanely exciting, but most of the time it has me scratching my head. Please, please, PLEASE, don't post a video until you have it all set up and finished and where you're able to answer questions. As you're able to tell, when you don't, we get 10-20 threads about the same thing, positive or negative. I hope you learn from this mistake.

Comment

NO! its not fair! its double dipping in a sense....

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
        If you owned the Leveling or Dailies guides before subscriptions were introduced, you will be able to Upgrade those for a one-time fee - yes. If you would like any of the other products, you would need to subscribe. Fair? :-)

Comment

I agree with chaos5061 . I mentioned in one of my other posts that a small percentage discount for different recurring payment methods would be really cool. The method I use for my business is:

5% discount for quarterly
          10% discount for semiannually
          15% discount for annually

Just a small discount for committed customers.

Originally posted by patje View Post
          Thank you for your reconciderations. I'll have to think about the new price and if 5,99 (I need only one fraction) is accaptable to me. I still have to think about the fact that - at the moment - old costumers only get these 6 new guides for subscription, while new costumers also get the previous guides. At a lower price I would have thought about it as an gift to new costumers, but I recognise the benefit of using the old guides without subscription - even after an addon in WoW. (Btw: An upgrade fee was always accepted by me.)

The lower price makes it a little bit easier to accept such a subscription system, even through I would like to buy not rent new guides. I'm not sure, if I will subscribe under this circumstances at the moment, but it is not so unlikely as a few minutes ago.

But I'm sure of one think: You need more than these 6 new guides to keep this subscription running - maybe even starting - with existing costumers. They are really nice and I said I was looking forward to the archivement guide, but I don't think this will last forever.
          I hope you are sure about the change in expectations, when using a subscription system: As a one-time buyer, I buy my product and want it bugfixed and nothing more. In a subscription I ask myself every month: Is it worth the price. And there has to be new festures, guides and more to answer this with yes, instead of just bugfixing.
          6 to 9 guides, rated number one in the market, with upgrades for every expansion, includes any future product released by Zygor Guides, consistent updates, 24/7 support for at most $7.99/mo, and you doubt weather you're getting value for your buck? Hmm...
          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Yes...very fair!

Comment

6 bucks a month for one faction or 8 for both, can't really disagree with that as it's a lot more manageable for pretty much everyone. /salute
              When this becomes available, I'll be taking advantage of it.

Comment

Joke price

The oldest marketing trick in the book float a stupid high price for a product then slash the price you floated and hey, it’s a bargain what a joke!

Comment

At most, support is 14/5, they don't work weekends as we noticed with all the account issues, and most of all the help comes from the community/mods.

Not trying to nit-pick, but that is giving them too much credit.

Comment

Feeling much better about this now. The subscription price is reasonable, and it's nice to know I won't lose access to the guides I already own.

Comment

Thank you for posting and thank you for listening to us, your customers! I think we all made it abundantly clear that we love your product but were all unhappy with the prospect of a mandatory subscription as it seemed to be presented. I personally am happy with the ability to be able to buy updates and not subscribe and am now assured I will continue to be able to do that. Thanks again!

Comment

So I guess what I am not understanding is...I have three of the four guides right now. I only want to purchase the last remaining guide now. Will I be able to do that for the one time fee or will I have to purchase a subscription now to do so? Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by dudedafool View Post
                          At most, support is 14/5, they don't work weekends as we noticed with all the account issues, and most of all the help comes from the community/mods.

Not trying to nit-pick, but that is giving them too much credit.
                          Maybe with account issues, but guide related issues, I'd consider it 24x7. One of the moderators whom are very knowledgeable about current issues of the guides (excluding myself) are usually on throughout the day and night, and forum posts are usually answered within an hour. I'm not crediting the staff for the support, but the community in itself. Granted the support from staff has been exceptional when I needed them, that's not what I'm referring to. There are a lot of helpful members out there, you being included. If you have an issue with your guide, you can expect it to be either noted or a solution already implemented.

Comment

No thanks

Until the option to buy the guides outright is available, I won't be going near any zygor products.

I already have 4 85s, so I don't even use the level guide anymore (I used it for 3 out of the 4 toons).

I feel sorry for anyone who has to subscribe.

P.S: I won't be coming back to this thread, so please do feel free to post hate in my direction.

Comment

Originally posted by paladine View Post
                              So I guess what I am not understanding is...I have three of the four guides right now. I only want to purchase the last remaining guide now. Will I be able to do that for the one time fee or will I have to purchase a subscription now to do so? Thank you for your help.
                              To obtain the new products that are being released, you will have to set up a subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                                6 to 9 guides, rated number one in the market, with upgrades for every expansion, includes any future product released by Zygor Guides, consistent updates, 24/7 support for at most $7.99/mo, and you doubt weather you're getting value for your buck? Hmm...
                                Are you sure you are just a forum moderator and not a member of the marketing department? You did it quite well

Comment

Working...
                                X