This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phantomhawk View Post
    Zygor is clearly in breach of the regulations.

"charge for services related to the add-on, "

This is exactly what Zygor is doing.

I have been in touch with Blizz, they confirm what I am saying.

Maybe in the past, Zygor got away with it on a technicality, but the word that changes everything is "services" by introducing a subscription, you are charging for services. This is a NO NO.
    Out of interest I spoke to Blizzard myself and they have confirmed that all the current levelling guides are acceptable and that it is not against their T&Cs to charge for the guide content, whether by single payment or subscription.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by sentinel1968 View Post
      but what I want to know is when can we expect an Official Zygor response.
      Unfortunately we moderators only know what has already been posted. We don't have Zygor's phone number or anything like that so this is a question only Zygor or one of his paid staff he works with can answer.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        Unfortunately we moderators only know what has already been posted. We don't have Zygor's phone number or anything like that so this is a question only Zygor or one of his paid staff he works with can answer.
        I don't know what bothers me more then, the fact you don't have access yet have to deal with all of this or the fact that from all given appearances no one with the power to do something seems to be monitoring this.

Comment

Dear Mods,
          Any reason why my last post was deleted? Not even a message in my inbox as to why, not a note in this thread saying it was deleted and why. That is pure censorship lol. I said nothing offensive, and my post was of constructive criticism. Makes me wonder how many other posts have been censored.
          I should thank you though. Because you have helped me make my final decision. I will NOT spend any more of my hard earned cash with this company.

Comment

People a question you say $6 a month are you going to do a deal where you subscribe for say 6-12 month at a time for a one of lower fee.
            Thanks
            Slim

Comment

Moderators are just that, moderators. But the one who mentioned it is 7.99 for both horde and alliance. still too much, my husband would still never go for it...we are actually hurting financially but all I have is wow for my free time, we use netflix instead of cable..He sacrifices his wow and rift so I can play wow, my dad has had to pay for me to faction change toons, Im 29...it should not be like that....so I still stand by...i will not be paying a subscription fee for Zygor, I got zygor becauyse it was a one time fee, and for that to be taken away...I will keep what I have, but anything new and I go with Dugi's who is equally as good.
              I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
              [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Dissapointment

I am a disappointed to say the least. I purchased a product with lifetime updates and will now be expected to pay for those updates. In addition, I regularly find myself contributing to finding bugs, or making suggestions on how to improve the product. No one pays me for this information, I volunteer my own time and energy documenting and clearly stating the facts to make Zygor the best product out there for all to use. Now with a subscription based services am I suddenly going to see an improved product with no bugs and a flawless execution, unfortunately I have my doubts, which means that not only will I regularly be paying for a product that has flaws but someone will have to report those flaws and you can bet that the majority of us that find them will be hesitant to do so and you will ultimately loose customers and thereby revenue. I am not suggesting that the subscription system is bad I am merely suggesting that some sort of grandfather clause should be built in for existing lifetime members and if you want to change the pricing structure for new patrons, so be it.
                -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                WeirDave = \\/eir]>ave
                http://www.weirdave.com

Comment

You know Blizzard is worse than this right? You don't line their pockets they take away the game. They don't leave you with anything like Zygor will. Zygor let's you keep your guides you have already purchased. Blizzard doesn't let you keep anything. They just take everything away until you start paying again.
                  and two wrongs make a right ? just saying ...zygor is an addon, not a game, im not going to be playing with my zygor as a stand alone. you are correct i play a game that when i turn off the funds it will end but you have to draw a line some where. what i am saying is my choice and voice is that this change will lose a customer.

Comment

They stated in a prior post that us prior subscribers would still be recieving everything as we did before, so you wont be required to pay for your updates....to my knowledge, as far as any new expansions...I paiud 20 dollars for my cata update, I would expect it to be the same for a future expansion...we still pay a one time upgrade fee, it is the updates that I believe are still going to be free. Its just any new guides and we will have to pay a subscription fee. I think I am reading and understanding this correctly.
                    I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
                    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by corbincarling View Post
                      Dear Mods,
                      Any reason why my last post was deleted? Not even a message in my inbox as to why, not a note in this thread saying it was deleted and why. That is pure censorship lol. I said nothing offensive, and my post was of constructive criticism. Makes me wonder how many other posts have been censored.
                      I should thank you though. Because you have helped me make my final decision. I will NOT spend any more of my hard earned cash with this company.
                      I didn't delete anything so I have no idea who or why.

Comment

Originally posted by weirdave View Post

I am a disappointed to say the least. I purchased a product with lifetime updates and will now be expected to pay for those updates. In addition, I regularly find myself contributing to finding bugs, or making suggestions on how to improve the product. No one pays me for this information, I volunteer my own time and energy documenting and clearly stating the facts to make Zygor the best product out there for all to use. Now with a subscription based services am I suddenly going to see an improved product with no bugs and a flawless execution, unfortunately I have my doubts, which means that not only will I regularly be paying for a product that has flaws but someone will have to report those flaws and you can bet that the majority of us that find them will be hesitant to do so and you will ultimately loose customers and thereby revenue. I am not suggesting that the subscription system is bad I am merely suggesting that some sort of grandfather clause should be built in for existing lifetime members and if you want to change the pricing structure for new patrons, so be it.
                        Everything you own will stay the same. The subscription is only for new guides. You still have your lifetime of updates and when an expansion is release you can still do a one time fee for upgrading your guides for that expansion. It's only the new guides that require the subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          This addon policy has been in effect for quite some time now. It was in effect from before you purchased your guides. The difference here is that the addon (Zygor Guides Viewer) is completely free of charge and anyone can download it and update it with the trial version. What you are paying for are custom guides that can be used with the addon, not the addon. Since Zygor is not charging you for the addon and you can create your own guides that work with the addon he is not violating the Addon Policy. Zygor and his lawyers went over the Addon Policy when it went into effect and have made sure that Zygor is not violating the policy.
                          Hypothetical question.
                          So technically, somebody can create their own leveling guides within the zygor guides viewer and release them for free if they so desired, correct?

What if I decided I wanted to make my own micro-guides, and effectively create a free version of the smaller guides like the events, dailies, pet/mount and reputation.

Effectively 1 person with some time on his hands could ruin zygor, right?
                          Might want to be careful about pissing your customers off then, could really come back and bite you in the ass. :P

Comment

I don't want to rain on your parade, but something has recently come to my attention and I thought I'd pass it along.

There is a US patent, number 7080051, which deals with software sale or rent via telecommunications that might be a problem for a lot of people. Much of this patent is covered by prior art (CompuServ, AOL, Prodigy etc.), and is currently a part of the Oracle et al v. Google law suit. In my opinion, the possibly valid claim in the patent might be the "rent" part, which calls for deletion of the software on the client's computer after each use. It might be in your best interest to get the advice of a good patent attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by viruzzz View Post
                              Effectively 1 person with some time on his hands could ruin zygor, right?
                              Might want to be careful about pissing your customers off then, could really come back and bite you in the ass. :P
                              No, because addon developers still maintain copyright and distribution rights. If a third party redistributed our addon withour our permission, free or not, they could face legal action.
                              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Firstly let me say, That I think Zygor guides are decent value for money, And I do understand like all of these guide helpers it has quite a few bugs in it, and it does depend quite a lot on user feedback to fix these guides, as they can and do fall down at times.

I said in an earlier response about my concerns after paying out money for all the current guides for both factions, But had those concenrs answered by Cabby. But I have read a lot of the responses now on various threads on the forum, and I would say that the concensous is that Zygor is making a big mistake in the path they appear set on taking.

I could be proved wrong (would not be the first or last time) But im a firm follower of the philosophy that the customer is king and is always right, because lets be honest without them Zygor like any other buisness is nothing and worth nothing.

I find it very odd that there has been so little response from the heads of the team on this other than to say " we will tell all next week" or should i say " we will release a video next week " .

A little more courtesy for the people who are your life blood is not too much to ask, after all it would appear that, there are a lot of "not happy" members here.

Comment

Working...
                                X