OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exploitation of future guide prices, and how will the circumvention affect users.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exploitation of future guide prices, and how will the circumvention affect users.

I think the subscription is a bad idea, but I want to avoid that issue completely in order to bring another issue that I think is important to the front.

The issue I am seeing as inevitable is as follows.
    A large group of people will cheat is they can, always. It matters not what you think about it, it's been shown many times that many people will do unethical things to get ahead.

If the guides continue to work as it does now, where the guide is an addon within the game of WoW, what will stop people from paying a month's subscription, get ALL of the guides, and then keep them indefinitely?
    I'm sure you have made these considerations and have some sort of method to stop that, because if you haven't you are going to lose a lot of potential income.

My question is this, how will that affect users of the guides?
    Will there be some sort of login within the addon?(I don't even know if that is possible). Frequent updates to the guides will not "fix it" because nothing is really ever changed, If you look back on the last year or so of guide updates, there have been a few updates to the daily quest guides because they were either missing(cooking/fishing dailies) or added with a patch(molten front), a small amount of bug fixes which you really don't need to update for, most people will be able to figure out how to progress past a broken step. The only major upgrades are the events like brewfest currently going on.

A login of some sort will make it annoying and awkward using the guide.
    The only other way I see of preventing this is to have the updates be so important that the quality of the guide is effectively unacceptable prior to the upgrade (or always)

to sum up.
    What is the workaround to some people being people? and how will it affect the rest?

The guides will work the same as it does now. Our piracy protection measures are done completely in the background and will not affect your usage of the guides.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Nope, that is one thing I know I would never do. Zygor may change how guides work and all and change prices or how they are paid for. But I would and I hope no one would ever do this. I know sadly people do but as of right now I have purchased everything from Zygor and was glad to do so. As soon as I heard of an update or upgrade man I was there ready to pay because it was fair and reasonable. Until I hear the update on what is going to be done I'm just not going to do it. I will be satisfied with what I have.

Honestly this is just putting a nail in the coffin in my WOW playing period. I've been playing wow since it came out maybe it's time to just move on.

but as a programmer I would never want anyone stealing my code or product that I may have. Zygor makes a quality product and it's theirs. I just can't see myself paying that for it any longer.

Come on Zygor come out with that updated info soon so I can get over this anger I hope anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X