Multiboxing with Zygor guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiboxing with Zygor guides

I'm thinking of multiboxing to speed up leveling. With multiboxing some types quests are not desirable. Has anyone here done multiboxing along with Zygor?

yep.
    skip any gathering quests and you'll be fine. by gathering I mean when both your toons have to have x number of a certain item (ears, or roots, or whatever). the kill quests share their numbers between the partied toons, so the leveling is much faster.
    also, have one toon as the tank, and another as a toon that is ranged. I prefer to use a toon that uses a wand. if you need info on how I did it, feel free to ask.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
      have one toon as the tank, and another as a toon that is ranged.
      So you controlled the toons separately? That is impressive. I'm planning on making them both ranged.

Comment

You can have the ranged follow the tank, then once the tank is doing his thing with the mobs you move to the ranged, start with the wand (or whatever) and then get back to your tank. There is some alt-tab work to do unless you have 2 systems to run the toons, but basically your ranged is the "slave" toon while leveling, just there to give you the x3 xp bonus.
        No matter what the race is you want for the one toon you want leveled, there can be a tank class and a ranged class. This is the easiest setup I have used by dual-boxing. I tried dual melee, dual ranged, and all kinds of combo's in between.
        The best setup I used was a paladin tank with a mage. That team setup was crazy good, for me anyway. The AoE ability of the mage with the self-healing and amazing survive-ability of the paladin made runs go smooth as can be.
        A hunter with a bear can be usable as a tank, if you're careful.

Comment

I'll be using Isboxer. With that you don't have to control each toon separately. So if you have two casters they will both cast when you press a key.

Comment

Never used any of those programs, so I cant comment on their use. The reason I didnt is to protect my main account. The TOS and EULA state that if a toon does an action, there needs to be a traceable key press to that action.
            I thought about it for running dungeons while I dual-boxed, but decided against it. but 2 mages doing the same thing in a dungeon would be epic damage done.

Comment

The Isboxer software doesn't know your password.

I've seen enough posts about Isboxer on the Blizz forums to be satisfied it doesn't violate the Blizz rules.

Comment

ISBoxer doesn't break the rules. It just makes it easier to multibox. Once you have your hotbars configured, and get used to the timing for each classes different rotos, it's cake. But the way it works, when you press the number 1, it presses the number one for each instance of WoW that's being ran with ISBoxer. No automation.

Comment

interesting. Guess I did it the hard way then lol

"Back when I dual-boxed we didnt have isboxer. we did it all by hand. and we walked to the molten core, without shoes, in the fire, up hill, both ways."

Comment

skip any gathering quests and you'll be fine.
                    I'm finding that with a new character the gathering quests are breadcrumb quests and can't be skipped.

Comment

The TOS and EULA state that if a toon does an action, there needs to be a traceable key press to that action.
                      I was reading that is for bots.

Comment

interesting. Guess I did it the hard way then lol

"Back when I dual-boxed we didnt have isboxer. we did it all by hand. and we walked to the molten core, without shoes, in the fire, up hill, both ways."
                        Kamchak, you are the best moderator here, you know that right?

Personally i find dual pet classes easiest to dualbox. That way your pets can tank and you can rain down death from afar.

But dual spell caster - using Pwnboxer - isthe most fun. Mage and priest, mage and warlock, etc :P

Comment

I find when I choose the 'skip quest' function in the guides it treats it as if I had chosen the 'mark as completed' function. It asks me to turn in the skipped quest and accept the next quest. So I have to keep skipping all the quests in the chain.

Comment

Instead of doing that just use the arrow to skip to the next step. Ignore the line/step completely and the guides should then work like you want. Unless of course you just happened to run into some quest chains that haven't been linked properly.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that.

Is there any way to tell in the guide if skipping a quest will prevent me from going to the next zone?

Comment

Working...
                              X