Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to save up for journeyman riding?

Dear Zygor Guide Money Making Experts,

I am now level 34-ish Troll Hunter and I just a blew a load of gold on hunter skills and dual specialization for some odd and regrettable reasons. I am now looking forward to getting the journeyman riding (JR) at level 40 but I only have like 10 gold at most now.

Question is, should I save up till level 40 from questing and if I don't have the gold needed for JR, should I start a profession/work the auction house/continue questing to get the needed gold? Which one of the three is the faster option?

Speaking from my own experience over the years Ive been playing, you should be able to make up the remainder by the time you get there from questing and/or AH with the up'd drop rates on greens since Cata.

Honestly, tradeskills (unless they're straight gathrering skills to just stick on the AH) are more of a money sink than boon at those low levels.

Comment

I'd say probably the easiest way for you to get the money you want is if you don't have any professions go pick up skinning and then go back to the older zones and take your skinning up to around 200 skill area. Then place all the leather and hides you got onto the AH to sell (don't bother with selling the Ruined Leather Scraps). Then as you continue questing keep skinning when you can and selling that stuff. This should get you more than enough gold for the level 40 riding skill and will only take maybe 2-3 hours tops to get your skinning up to a point where you can keep working it as you level.

I'd also suggest making a level 1 character and running him to a city to use as an AH toon. Then you just send him 1 or 2 gold for initial listing fees and mail all of your leather and hides to him. This allows you to do all of your AH stuff on a different toon without wasting a lot of /played time on your hunter from sitting working in the AH. Once you sell stuff with your AH toon keep a few of the gold from each sale on the AH toon and send the rest to your hunter. So say you sell a bunch for a total of about 65 gold, just send off 50 gold to the hunter and keep the rest on your AH toon. This will help you to slowly build up extra gold for any alts you might want to make or for later on when you start thinking about the bigger purchases you might want.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hi,

I would agree with Cabby and learn skinning, a good place to go is Eversong Woods. There are plenty of dragonhawks in the area. These are good for two reasons, the leather you get from skinning them and the small eggs they drop almost every time. I play across multiple servers and selling the eggs and leather always makes me a nice profit.

The other option is to start a blood elf for a AH alt, once you are level 5 skip all quests and learn skinning and leatherworking. Start farming Dragonhawks, convert the leather scraps to light leather and sell all leather and eggs on the AH. I can usually sell the small eggs for between 50s - 2g each and light leather i can usually sell for 1g - 2.5g each, dependant on server.

This will certainly get you enough gold to get your mount.

If you are comfortable using the AH you could look for bargins, my last good bargin was Obsidium Ore, I bought 300 for 40c per stack of 20. Someone listed them wrong with out realising, I have sold each stack for 60g. Looking for these little mistakes can net you a nice amount of gold for very little work.

Comment

If all you are looking for is to get professions to make gold, your ideal combo is herbing with mining. These touch on more than one production profession each. Herbing is good for alch and inscription, and mining is good for BS and Eng. With these professions you have a higher chance someone will be looking for your gathered goods.
          I have also made a good amount of money being someones personal gatherer. People will actually pay me a set amount of gold to go farm for them, and another set amount of gold per stack of whatever Im sent to farm. Most the time I get scribes that are looking for stacks of herb to mill, which is my best gold maker.
          Dailies are another way to make a good bit of gold. There fireland dailies bring in more than you think once you get passed the second 150 MotWT.
          The old "buy low sell high" on the AH is still an OK way to make gold, but with the time investment vs the ease of doing dailies or farming herbs / mining nodes, I just dont bother with that method any longer.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Funnily enough the ruined leather scraps easily fetch 10g per stack of 20 on my server

Comment

Check out http://www.tarouwowguides.com/ for some good tips on making gold. Tarou himself is gold capped. Makes more gold than he knows what to do with. I've been following some of his guides and I turned 2k into 16k in about 3 days.

Comment

Working...
              X