No announcement yet.

Guide causing consistent fps issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if anybody experiencing this bug could name an Alliance quest counterpart for the aforementioned step-33-Twilight-Highlands one? Also, do you have an FPS limiting option and VSync set in Graphics Settings of WoW?

Comment

@ cabby: Did both of them, the WoW repair function could not find a thing. The Zygor repair reinstalled the guides, but the problem persists...
      I'll stir fry you in my WOK!

Comment

Ok backwards, it was a bit of a long shot but one person had some success doing that. At this point it's up to the devs to figure out what's going on.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your help this far cabby. If anyone needs additional information, I'm sure I will read it here.
          I'll stir fry you in my WOK!

Comment

Confirming that I have the same problem. My guide is updated to the latest version. Hopefully this will be fixed, soon.

Comment

The 'no ants' option hasn't made a difference to this Still ongoing.

Comment

Originally posted by sassyuk View Post
                The 'no ants' option hasn't made a difference to this Still ongoing.
                Please specify which guide and step causes the issue for you. This thread was about «kill» steps way before profession guides were implemented so it would be beneficial if we can tell whether your problem concerns this very thread or a new one.

Comment

I recently stumbled across a step where I experienced the stuttering similar to that in Sassyuk's video on page 1.
                  It's in the Alliance Vashj'ir leveling guide, search for "Use Erunak's Confinement Totem" (no step numbers in guide file).
                  Before and after that step everything was fine.
                  If I come across such a step again I'll split it in the guide file and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev2 View Post
                    Please specify which guide and step causes the issue for you. This thread was about «kill» steps way before profession guides were implemented so it would be beneficial if we can tell whether your problem concerns this very thread or a new one.
                    Its the same as I've reported in this thread before (hence why I replied to this thread and didn't start a new one) any step that has more than one thing to do (eg: kill 8 of these and 8 of those) causes the stuttering.

Comment

also getting the same thing it seems most prevalent with the guides pages that either have multiple steps or have link to quest items to be used for the quest i.e like the a bomb or any number of quest items used if i skip the step or close the window... boom no problem frames are glass smooth again so here is to hopeing good old zygors figures it out asap cuz its getting frustrateing questing and doing farming with the all new professions guide when im flying around looking for minerals and its lagging out every few seconds.

Comment

Alliance Firelands Dailies, Step 45 (kill Charred mobs & save defenders).

This step is almost unplayable. Each time I engage a mob there is a 1-2 second freeze of the screen, same if I rescue a defender

Comment

It's a memory leak associated with your "searching for completed quests" Once that goes I can sit and watch the zygorguides memory usage go between 9mb and 20mb up and down. That is with no other addons running just default. The higher it goes the lower my fps goes and when it caps out I get the 1 - 2 fps till I close the zygor window.

Now to anyone who wants to actually help them fix this issue whenever they do.

I am currently using Directx11 (yes that's video related)
                          and I have window 7 64bit

it may have help you all give your option as directx9 or 11 so this way if the issue lays with one or another they can reproduce it and fix it because I'm tired of broken guides. At least with the free ones I can say well I got what I paid for.
                          --PvP Junkie--

Comment

Originally posted by sobeit81 View Post
                            It's a memory leak associated with your "searching for completed quests" Once that goes I can sit and watch the zygorguides memory usage go between 9mb and 20mb up and down. That is with no other addons running just default. The higher it goes the lower my fps goes and when it caps out I get the 1 - 2 fps till I close the zygor window.

Now to anyone who wants to actually help them fix this issue whenever they do.

I am currently using Directx11 (yes that's video related)
                            and I have window 7 64bit

it may have help you all give your option as directx9 or 11 so this way if the issue lays with one or another they can reproduce it and fix it because I'm tired of broken guides. At least with the free ones I can say well I got what I paid for.
                            Could you try using an OpenGL renderer for a change to see if that still happens?
                            I just neither have a windows nor directx at all

Comment

Originally posted by sobeit81 View Post
                              It's a memory leak associated with your "searching for completed quests" Once that goes I can sit and watch the zygorguides memory usage go between 9mb and 20mb up and down.
                              Just for information. That's not a leak in any sense, and there's hard to even make one in Lua. Memory leak is when something allocated memory and doesn't give it back, so it would only grown more and more. We're actually trying to reproduce the issue, but I personally seem to be unable to get it happen in my setup yet.

Comment

Originally posted by krendar View Post
                                Alliance Firelands Dailies, Step 45 (kill Charred mobs & save defenders).

This step is almost unplayable. Each time I engage a mob there is a 1-2 second freeze of the screen, same if I rescue a defender
                                Just tried on my main: so far got it happen 1 time but I'm not sure it wasn't a regular lag in the game. Is it bugging reliably on your setup? I think I may come up with some solution that would allow us to pinpoint the problem on your particular case remotely, because I just can't make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X