Guide causing consistent fps issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide causing consistent fps issues.

While questing, several of the steps cause a 1/sec graphical pause. I have experienced it with many steps in the guide. I have a feeling it's related to the macros being created. Is there a way to disable this "feature?"

Those problems should be fixed. Please make sure you have the latest guide version, 3.2.2563.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I get the same stutters, If I disable the guide it everything runs fine. i'm also updated to the latest versions via the Zygor updater.

Comment

Try running only the Zygor Guide to see if there may be a problem with other addons conflicting and slowing down your memory. Thanks.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I get the same stutters. I only started having that problem when i updated to this latest version. I have tried disabling all my addons except zygor and then turning them on one by one. When i do that tho, the problem never comes up right after loading an addon.

Comment

I get this same problem randomly with just zygors running. Sometimes rebooting my PC fixes it, other times, nope.

Comment

To confirm, I also get this, sometimes it gets *very* chronic. Particularly on Horde Twilight Highlands Step 33. I've noticed that the pattern is usually (possibly always) that it happens during multi-step quests involving the killing of targets. TH Step 33 is BY FAR the worst I've experienced though. I too have narrowed it down to Zygor's, nothing else is doing it.

Comment

I get the same problem, and for me it is the macros zygor automatically makes. If i go into my macro interface, delete them and then close zygors guide box until the step is complete the 'stuttering' stops

Comment

Yep that works, thanks. Still needs fixing though!

Comment

Same problem here too, and also confirming switches theory of it being on multi-step quests involving the killing of targets.
                    I made a (not great iPhone recorded) video as a demo. It's like split second freezes, watch my druids wings. I tried deleting the macros as suggested which didn't fix it but moving on to the next step which was 'enter the cave' the stuttering stopped, I didn't record that in the video though as I didn't see this thread until after I had recorded it

http://youtu.be/LGb3UXBVqaI

Comment

While I haven't noticed any particular FPS problems, I have observed that the Waypoint Arrow bounces all around as the guide fast-forwards (ie, right-clicking the "next step" button). This leads me to think that the "Smart Injection" system does not suppress ancillary actions, such as setting the Arrow, or possibly defining the "Magic Button" macro, as it scans through steps.

Comment

Thank you for all the information. With these, we can better track down the problems you are having. It does seem most likely at this time that there is a memory issue, however we will look through all the suggested issues to verify this is not on our end.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I got same FPS problems on my 24 priest. I switched off all add-ons exept Zygor, and the problem still persists. When i log my char, Zygor tell me about some LUA errors.
                          I got !swatter and take info about error:

Date: 2011-09-10 10:13:26
                          ID: 1
                          Error occured in: Global
                          Count: 1
                          Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 3651:
                          ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua line 599:
                          bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got no value)
                          in
                          [C]: format'
                          ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua line 599:
                          in function <..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:596>
                          ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua line 748:
                          in function GetText'
                          ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 1290:
                          in function `UpdateFrame'
                          ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 595:
                          in function `FocusStepUnquiet'
                          ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 579:
                          in function `FocusStep'
                          ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 440:
                          in function `SetGuide'
                          ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 339:
                          in function `OnFirstQuestLogUpdate'
                          ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 3640:
                          in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:3504>

Debug:
                          [C]: ?
                          [C]: error()
                          ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3651: StartupStep()
                          ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:9:
                          ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:4
                          AddOns:
                          Swatter, v5.1.DEV.305
                          ZygorGuidesViewer, v3.2
                          BlizRuntimeLib_ruRU v4.2.2.40200 <eu>
                          (ck=5a)

Date: 2011-09-10 10:13:26
                          ID: 2
                          Error occured in: Global
                          Count: 66
                          Message: ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua line 599:
                          bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got no value)
                          Debug:
                          [C]: ?
                          [C]: format()
                          ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:599:
                          ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:596
                          ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:748: GetText()
                          ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1290: UpdateFrame()
                          ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\ViewerFram e.lua:788:
                          ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\ViewerFram e.lua:603
                          AddOns:
                          Swatter, v5.1.DEV.305
                          ZygorGuidesViewer, v3.2
                          BlizRuntimeLib_ruRU v4.2.2.40200 <eu>
                          (ck=5a)

Comment

Originally posted by toltec View Post
                            I get the same problem, and for me it is the macros zygor automatically makes. If i go into my macro interface, delete them and then close zygors guide box until the step is complete the 'stuttering' stops
                            Same here. I noticed that when the guide instructs me to fly somewhere or go somewhere (and doesn't have the macros) it is working just fine. From the moment I am on a quest with the guide, collecting or killing things/npc's, it's 'stuttering' here as well. At a steady, consistent pace (every sec. (or so) the screen freezes).

I have tried using Zygor only, but the problem consists. The moment I turn off the zygor guides addon or just typ /zygor show (to hide the guide), the problem stops.

Just to let you guys know
                            I'll stir fry you in my WOK!

Comment

Could you please try to run the Repair tool in the WoW launcher help menu and also the Repair function of the Zygor Updater.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X