No announcement yet.

Diablo 3 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7. ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

ATI is aware and investigating. Until a solution can be provided we recommend those affected use the Catalyst 12.3 drivers.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ltd. Edition Book of Cain
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

This is a warning to all that spoilers may occur both in these forums, and the internet at large. We’ve worked hard to craft an engaging story and fun game, and our hope is that you have a pristine experience. For that reason we recommend you exercise extreme caution when perusing the webs of cyber space.

If you’re to be the lucky owner of a Collector’s Edition, we highly recommend you wait until after you have completed the game on Normal before opening the art book or watching the behind-the-scenes DVD/Blu-ray. Both of these items contain big spoilers, and should probably be avoided until later.

You should be especially cautious on May 14, as with the installer unlocking and worldwide releases taking place, the entire game will be available to be discovered and datamined. We also plan to populate the Diablo3.com game guide with item data that Monday, which may themselves be spoilers. If you care about spoilers, it may just be best to not go on the internet on May 14.

We will not be moderating topics discussing spoilers as long as:
        The thread title does not contain a spoiler
        The thread title contains [SPOILER] in it

If someone is found to be purposely posting spoilers with the intent to ruin the experience for others, such as using a misleading title or posting a spoiler in an off-topic thread, they will be dealt with harshly.

We appreciate your help in attempting to keep spoilers in-check, and hope you enjoy your first experiences in Diablo III. See you in-game!
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Diablo III: WRATH

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

In celebration of a successful beta test, all players who were invited to participate in the Diablo III closed beta will receive the commemorative Feat of Strength, "One of the Chosen." For eligible players, this feat will appear automatically in the Feat of Strength list after logging in for the first time as well as unlock a unique sigil that can be used on character banners.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

Thank you once again to all of our beta participants. We look forward to seeing you in Sanctuary!
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

This issue has now been resolved in the AMD Catalyst 12.4a hotfix driver. Users of the ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards are the only AMD customers who need to download this hotfix driver.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

If all goes well, the Diablo III-themed authenticator will be available for purchase in the Blizzard Store starting on Monday.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

As Global Play will be disabled until after the game launches in each region, it’s important that you choose your account’s correct region when attempting to play the game. If you do not select your correct region, your login attempt will be denied, and you will not be able to connect.

To choose your correct region:

• At the log in screen click on Options
                  • Choose the Account tab
                  • Select your correct region in the Region drop down

Ensuring your correct region is selected, attempt logging in again, and watch the breaking news window for additional service information.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

US is last to launch, yes? So at 3am EST I can go euro server if I want?
                    You'll be able to when we enable Global Play, which will be some time after The Americas launch. We want to ensure some amount of service stability before we turn it on. We'll post an announcement once it's available.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

We became aware of an issue affecting the previously available German and EU English versions of the digital install downloader for Diablo III, which would not download all the necessary files. If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in these languages before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.

1. Obtain the new Diablo III digital downloader using the links below
                      2. Point the download save at the same directory as before
                      3. If you chose the correct directory only 50MB will need to be downloaded to fix your install, otherwise you'll re-download the entire ~7.6GB

New EU English Installer
                      New EU English Installer (Mac)
                      New German Installer
                      New German Installer (Mac)

Whether you repair your previous install or download the entire game again, it's necessary to use this new downloader to install and play the game when it launches.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Yes some Spoilers but very minor.

Hello everyone, and welcome to Sanctuary! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 1.0.1 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. Thank you!

SPOILER WARNING: If you have not yet completed Diablo III on Normal, some issues described in this list may include spoilers.

Achievements
                        The description of the Feat of Strength for "One of the Chosen" does not specifically state that it was granted to Closed Beta players, not all Beta players.
                        The description of the achievement "Why’d It Have To Be Snakes?" is misleading.
                        The description of the achievement "Crispy Critters" implies that all critters are found in one zone, but they are not. Good luck finding them!

Auction House
                        You cannot list equipped items that have been bought from a vendor.

Battle.net
                        It is possible to get ERROR 37 (The servers are busy, please try again) when logging in if the servers are under heavy stress. This error literally means that the servers are busy and that you should try again, so please try again in a minute or so!
                        Very quickly entering, leaving, and switching chat channels over and over can cause a player from getting locked out of chat channels.
                        It is possible for a friend to be on your friend's list with no name if that friend has a BattleTag but has never logged into Diablo III and is offline.
                        Changing your account's Parental Controls while you are in Diablo III can disconnect you from Diablo III.
                        Workaround: Exit Diablo III before changing Parental Controls.

Combat
                        Damage over time debuffs are not benefiting from items that grant crit chance.
                        The resurrection animation speed is being calculated by the player's attack speed. It actually should be a set amount across all players.

Environment
                        Act 2 - Players who cast Town Portal while standing in a tar pit will cause the tar pit slowing debuff to stay on your character until you leave the game or manually walk into and out of a tar pit.

Monsters
                        The gold dropped from Treasure Goblins can be picked up by all members of the party. Items dropped by the Treasure Goblins are still individual player drops.
                        It is possible for Champion-class monsters with the Waller affix to cast their walls at their location rather than at the player's location.

Followers
                        The total life for Followers is rounding incorrectly and is off by 1.

Quests
                        Act 1 - The Scoundrel can fail to appear if monsters are present at his spawn location at the start of the quest "The Broken Blade : Go to the Drowned Temple".
                        Workaround: Leave the game and create a new one, or don't kite monsters to Scoundrel' spawning area.

Starter Edition
                        When a Starter Edition character hits level 13, the experience bar will read 0/0. If the player upgrades, they will start a 0 experience towards level 14.

Tools
                        If the user has any connections configured in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and they're set to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present," the install won't proceed past 10%.
                        It is possible for your cinematics to stutter and not play well if you begin playing Diablo III immediately when reaching Yellow Data.
                        Workaround: Exit Diablo III and fully patch your game. Your cinematics should play fine then.

Compatibility
                        Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.

Mac
                        The Restore Hero button does not become available after deleting a hero until leaving and returning to the Select Hero page.
                        Game client window becomes unresponsive when a dialog box is opened in the background.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

So how did your plans go for the D3 release?

So I was planning on getting up at 5pm my time. So why am I up now. BECAUSE THE DAMN KITCHEN CABNITS DECIDED TO START FALLING OFF THE WALL!!
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Trying to log in now but getting time-outs, error messages, etc. Typical Blizz launch

Ah well, bed time - will try tomorrow morning...

Comment

Yeah, EU servers seem to have completely crashed, I even had serious problems with my internet connection, was offline for about 15 minutes after midnight...
                              Good luck for US players, this time we EU players are beta testers.

Comment

I just started the client to set what I could of the options and interestingly enough what I had all my settings at was the same as when I had played the beta.
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X