Diablo 3 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Diablo III" Asian servers will be open at midnight, 12:01 pm Taiwan time"
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Time D3 will be live in each region.

I think the EU and the Asia are right? If anyone can confirm just making a post saying they are right or wrong.

US 12:00 am PDT
      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...00&p1=770&ah=1

EU : 00:01 CEST
      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...T00&p1=37&ah=1

ASIA: 12:01 Taiwan Time
      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...00&p1=241&ah=1

New Zealand / Australia
      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...19&p1=264&ah=1
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Well, so far I checked out the wizard, barbarian, and demon hunter. Out of those 3 I liked the demon hunter the most. Maybe I'll play it when it goes live in a couple weeks. Still not sure.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sucky way to end the beta. HC characters are totally borked and they won't fix it since it's the last night. So I won't be playing it I guess till the 15th.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Want to know more about Diablo III's new auction house feature? We've just updated the Diablo III web site with a comprehensive Auction House guide that walks you through the ins and outs of Diablo III's in-game item marketplace, including details on buying and selling, a breakdown of how the real-money auction house works (in regions where available), and more. You'll also find some important information on Battle.net account-security requirements that players interested in using the real-money auction house will need to know about.
            The gold-based auction house opens its doors worldwide on May 15 with the launch of Diablo III, and we plan to bring the real-money auction house online approximately one week after that. This is a new service that includes lots of complex elements, so we are going to take a little extra time to ensure the game gets off to a good start before we flip the switch and open the real-money auction house for business.
            For more information, head to the freshly minted Diablo III Auction House website, or check out the updated Auction House FAQ.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Want to take on the hordes of the Burning Hells with a friend from halfway around the world? In Diablo® III, you'll be able to play on game servers in regions outside your own, with a few restrictions, using Battle.net®'s new Global Play functionality. Here's how it works....
              Diablo III's global game servers are grouped into three distinct game regions:
              1. The Americas - For players in the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.
              2. Europe - For players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and the United Arab Emirates.
              3. Asia - For players in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
              In general, players will create characters and play in their "home" region, which is determined by where they live (specifically, the country of residence registered to their Battle.net account). Global Play gives players the ability to switch to any of the other game regions via the in-game options menu, either before or after they log in to the game.

Note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions. Playing on a different region's servers means you'll be creating characters and friends lists specifically for that region and you'll be accessing the gold-based auction house for that region.

In addition, players will only have access to the real-money auction house (where applicable) when playing in their "home" game region. That means that, for characters outside of your home region, items cannot be bought or sold in any real-money auction house. The focus of Global Play is simply to give you the ability to play Diablo III together with your friends in any region.

For more information on Global Play in Diablo III, see the FAQ.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

As others have pointed out there's a $1 transaction for any item such as armor, weapons, etc. which is only taken if the item sells. So that's the flat $1 fee for those types of items, and honestly I would personally expect most people to be interested in both selling and buying these types of character improvements.

Separately, there is a 15% transaction fee for any commodities (again, only if they sell), which are items that stack such as gems and gold. We take a percentage due to the way commodity sales work. You can put up 50,000 gold for sale, and because people can buy portions of commodity auctions, one person may buy 10,000, another may buy 30,000 and maybe nobody buys the remaining 10,000. Instead of charging $1 per transaction, which certainly wouldn't be fair to the seller in the case of commodities as they have no control over how many different people may buy from their auction, we go with a percentage. If that original 50,000 goes up for say $5, there would be a $0.45 fee on the 30,000, and a $0.15 fee for the 10,000, totaling a $0.60 fee for the sales that occurred.

Just to be triply clear, these fees only happen if the item sells. Putting an item or stack of items up to see if it/they will sell doesn't have any inherent risks, and is a good way to get some Battle.net Balance built up. You can sell items you don't want, and then get something to spend on something you do want.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

You don't sell anything on the auction house with your PayPal account. In fact, once funds are in your PayPal account they can't be used to purchase items. You purchase items using your Battle.net Balance, which is a Blizzard-held currency.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

PayPal will not charge any fees for transfers to them. You'll pay a 15% transfer fee to PayPal, and then whatever you do with the money after that is between you and them. But the transfer to PayPal is 15%, and that's it.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Showing your weapon coming to certain skills.

We’re certainly aware of how we’re handling our skill animation sets, as well as your feedback regarding the monk specifically. While working on any piece of the game we have to make production calls on what has the biggest benefit for the time we’re spending on it, because time is quite simply a very precious commodity. We made some choices, some that you may not agree with, to ensure a solid level of animations throughout the game. To make a call on not displaying a weapon during a skill may allow us to animate a multitude of spell casts for a demon, a higher priority animation for another character, or unique animation to ensure an in-game cutscene feels epic. Making the tough calls on when and where the game and players as a whole will benefit most is one of the most difficult things the producers, designers and artists have to do.
                      It’s worth noting that in addition to making those tough calls we take a logical approach to skill animations, and there are some where we purposely do not show a weapon. This is mostly for summoning or buff abilities where a weapon doesn’t play into the skill, such as mantras, or Inner Sanctuary. There are other skills where we purposely do not show a weapon because the concept of the skill is not connected to a weapon, such as Seven-Sided Strike and Lashing Tail Kick. In addition there are skills that purposely do not show a weapon because the skill is conceptually about the monk using his fists or hands, such as Way of the Hundred Fists or Exploding Palm.
                      There are skills though that don’t fall into any of those, and just should have been showing weapons. When you gave us that feedback we absolutely heard your requests for additional animations, and we added a full animation suite to the three skills where we felt the impact would be the greatest; Dashing Strike, Crippling Wave, and Deadly Reach. For us that was not only a great use of our resources to get it done, but we thought it was a very visible way to relate to you that we’ve been listening.
                      So, all of that background and info said, we still have plans to make even more changes and improvements in patches released fairly shortly after release. In a patch we plan to change Exploding Palm, Way of the Hundred Fists, and Fists of Thunder so they don’t hide fist weapons. Since the idea is that these skills are about the monk using their fists, it just makes sense to allow fist weapons to continue to show. In addition, as we continued to refine the monk class and our design philosophies for itemization, our ideas about what weapons make sense for the monk have changed over time. To see that philosophy shift through we’re looking at simply giving monks the ability to wield more types of weapons, complete with full animation support for their skills.
                      Hopefully that explains some of our intent with skill animations, and not just with the monk, all of the same thought and care (if not more) has gone into crafting the animations for each class and their skills. We’re of course looking forward to getting the game into your hands in a couple weeks, and seeing how everyone enjoys the class they choose, and the skills they wield.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Ok Diablofans.com did something very cool for people:
                        Yesterday there was big news with the release of the finalized information on the RMAH charges. Below we have rounded up the current information released from the FAQ, along with a quick look to give you an idea on how much money an item can earn you.

We have made the tool just to give you a very quick idea of how much money you can get for items. There is also a table posted on the official forums of key values.
                        Now I can't post the thing here. But here is the link: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1188-...os-blue-posts/ to the program. It's at the top of the page. Only US Dollars but maybe they will add others later.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Quick FAQ
                          1. An Item may NOT be sold for over $250.00. (Source)
                          2. Items such as armor and weapons have a $1 fee when sold.
                          3. Commodity items such as gems and materials have a 15% fee when sold.
                          4. Cashing out has a fee of 15%. (and that's it.) (Source)
                          5. RMAH will not be active for approximately one week.
                          6. You will not be able to sell characters at first.

RMAH Home Region Information
                          1. The Americas - For players in the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.
                          2. Europe - For players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and the United Arab Emirates.
                          3. Asia - For players in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

Important Links
                          1. A Basic "How To" for the AH. (link)
                          2. The Official AH FAQ. (link)
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Male VS Female Animations

Male VS Female Animations
                            Speaking of updated animations, some great videos have been posted to youtube by itsJaded. They have posted a side by side video of the male and female of each class, showing off a great deal of their animations and voices. Click below to check out each of the videos!

Barbarian

Demon Hunter

Monk

Witch Doctor

Wizard
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Launch Day Preparation Guide

As we near Diablo III’s long-awaited May 15 launch date, we have some additional details to share on what to expect, how to prepare, and when you’ll be able to begin installing and playing.

Purchase the Game
                              If you haven’t already purchased Diablo III you can acquire it directly from Blizzard through the digital presale. You can also preorder the game at most major retailers and fine purveyors of high-quality gaming products worldwide. If you’re interested in the Diablo® III Collector’s Edition, please be aware that this physical retail-only edition is printed in limited quantities and has already sold out in most places that take preorders on games. We recommend calling around and checking if your local retailers will have the Collector’s Edition available.

Create Your BattleTag
                              We expect that on launch night both the game service and website will be under very heavy strain due to the immense number of people excited to be among the first playing Diablo III. With that in mind, we highly recommend you create your BattleTag now, as it’s required to play Diablo III. Please keep in mind that this non-unique nickname is a permanent choice, and will display both in-game and on the website, so be sure to choose one you like! (What is a BattleTag?)

Regional Launch Times
                              As previously mentioned in the announcement of our midnight launch events, the launch time of the game is broken down by region.

The Americas (U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia) servers open at: 12:01 a.m. PDT, May 15
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Digital Presale Download
                                If you’ve purchased a digital copy you can begin downloading your client right now, and we highly encourage you to do so. We also have a Diablo III presale visual guide available that may be helpful. As it may take you some time to download the full game, it’s best that you begin early. This may afford you additional time to troubleshoot any downloader or installer issues you may encounter.

Early Install
                                We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

Global Play Launch Time
                                We’ll be turning on Global Play when the game has launched in all regions. This means that you will not be able to play in a region outside your home region until after the Americas’ midnight launch at 12:01 a.m. PDT on May 15. We’ll provide an update once Global Play is enabled, and you’ll then be able to change the region you connect to through the game’s options. Please note that characters, items, and friends lists do not transfer across regions and players who use Global Play to connect outside of their home region will only be able to access the gold-based auction house. More information can be found in our Global Play introduction article.

Launch Night Login
                                As we’ve unlocked the Diablo III installer early, many people will be ready to log in right when the servers go live at midnight, so we’re going to be closely monitoring the impact on the service. It’s possible we’ll need to adjust the rate at which we’re logging people in to ensure a stable experience, and if we do you may see a delay when attempting to login. Please be aware that a delay of up to 40 seconds is possible while the game attempts to connect you. If your connection doesn’t succeed in 40 seconds, you’ll be presented with an Error 37 message and asked to try again. If you see this error it does in fact mean that you should try again. We’ll be working around the clock to keep you informed of any issues that are occurring through the in-game breaking news window, as well as the official forums.
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X