Finding and Trading Gear
This isn't a new concept. In Diablo II gear was randomized and so absolutely ridiculously rare that you could almost be guaranteed to never find the exact item you were looking for just by farming for it yourself. To be the best you had to trade items with others, as you might find an extremely rare item, they may be willing to trade for yours. If you wanted to get ahead within any reasonable amount of time you had to trade. Now, Diablo II had one thing going for it which was the mass proliferation of dupes for the rarest items, which completely tanked its economy and quickly allowed anyone to gear themselves in the best possible items for nearly nothing. In Diablo III you don't have that luxury, you need to actually find the rare items, or trade for them.
Now, you have a couple options, you can jump into our Trading Forum, post up your item/s and then meet someone in-game and barter a trade. You can also use the in-game Trade channel, and again barter trades. Or you can use the auction house system. How you trade items is up to you, bartering out of game, bartering in-game, the AH for gold, or real money once it launches. We're not forcing anyone to do anything, and if you don't ever want to trade with other players that's your choice as well, but due to the nature of drops in Diablo games, if you want to be the best you need to trade.
The difference in Diablo 2 was that you could solo act 4 and 5 with gear you farmed yourself. In Diablo 3 you have no chance in act 2 and onward unless you buy gear from the auction house. The best gear drops in the later acts (Jay said there was one tier of drops in each Act), so there will be a looooong while until I even have a chance at starting farming the best gear. Basically I have to gear up so I have a chance at gearing up so I have a chance at getting the good loot. In D2, I could start farming the best loot the game had to offer by myself.
Good point! Yes, Diablo III has an additional difficulty level, Inferno, with a very steep difficulty curve. One bit of misinformation is that loot is static in where it drops, but in fact the loot table bands are quite large. For example the "Inferno Act I loot" has a chance to drop in Hell Act IV as much as it does Inferno Act II. You will need to farm Inferno Act I to get a shot at those higher level items to drop so you can continue progressing.
Results 191 to 200 of 213
Thread: Diablo 3 Info
May 29th, 2012 #191
May 29th, 2012 #192
Skill Rune – Tranquility
Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Bug Report forum.
Players should no longer receive an “Error 14009″ when logging in
The “Select a Hero” menu will now also display the difficulty level for each character
Several speed improvements have been made to the streaming downloader
All players in a party should now receive “Till Death Do Us Part” even if they don’t have Haedrig Eamon as their active follower
Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it’s launched a Firebomb but before it’s reached its target
The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player’s activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order
When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: “Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?”
Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab
The “Physical Damage” Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to “Bonus Minimum Physical Damage”
The “All Damage” Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types
Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House
Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues
The public chat list will now sort alphabetically
Spirit Vessel (Passive) no longer clears debuffs when using waypoints or changing equipment.
May 29th, 2012 #193
ETA for RMAH is now 6-12-12.
May 29th, 2012 #194
Hello everyone, and welcome to Sanctuary! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 1.0.1 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. Thank you!
The description of the Feat of Strength for "One of the Chosen" does not specifically state that it was granted to Closed Beta players, not all Beta players.
The description of the achievement "Why’d It Have To Be Snakes?" is misleading.
The description of the achievement "Crispy Critters" implies that all critters are found in one zone, but they are not. Good luck finding them!
You cannot list equipped items that have been bought from a vendor.
Typing /who in General Chat and pressing Enter can crash the client if General Chat is above 50 players.
Very quickly entering, leaving, and switching chat channels over and over can cause a player from getting locked out of chat channels.
It is possible for a friend to be on your friend's list with no name if that friend has a BattleTag but has never logged into Diablo III and is offline.
Changing your account's Parental Controls while you are in Diablo III can disconnect you from Diablo III.
Workaround: Exit Diablo III before changing Parental Controls.
Damage over time debuffs are not benefiting from items that grant crit chance.
The resurrection animation speed is being calculated by the player's attack speed. It actually should be a set amount across all players.
Act 2 - Players who cast Town Portal while standing in a tar pit will cause the tar pit slowing debuff to stay on your character until you leave the game or manually walk into and out of a tar pit.
Several Legendary items are not benefiting from the increased Attack Speed affix. All of these items will properly gain Attack Speed in a future patch.
The gold dropped from Treasure Goblins can be picked up by all members of the party. Items dropped by the Treasure Goblins are still individual player drops.
It is possible for Champion-class monsters with the Waller affix to cast their walls at their location rather than at the player's location.
The total life for Followers is rounding incorrectly and is off by 1.
Act 1 - The Scoundrel can fail to appear if monsters are present at his spawn location at the start of the quest "The Broken Blade : Go to the Drowned Temple".
Workaround: Leave the game and create a new one, or don't kite monsters to Scoundrel' spawning area.
When a Starter Edition character hits level 13, the experience bar will read 0/0. If the player upgrades, they will start a 0 experience towards level 14.
If the user has any connections configured in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and they're set to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present," the install won't proceed past 10%.
It is possible for your cinematics to stutter and not play well if you begin playing Diablo III immediately when reaching Yellow Data.
Workaround: Exit Diablo III and fully patch your game. Your cinematics should play fine then.
Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.
The Restore Hero button does not become available after deleting a hero until leaving and returning to the Select Hero page.
Game client window becomes unresponsive when a dialog box is opened in the background.
May 30th, 2012 #195
Blue posted this on twitter:
May 31st, 2012 #196
Diablo III Patch 1.0.2a – v.126.96.36.19958
Tooltips for the following class abilities have been updated to reflect changes made in patch 1.0.2 and previous hotfixes:
Smoke Screen (Skill Rune – Lingering Fog)
Fists of Thunder (Skill Rune – Quickening)
Mantra of Healing (Skill Rune – Boon of Inspiration)
Energy Armor (Skill Rune – Force Armor)
Nigel Cutthroat has recently fallen on hard times and will now drop lower quality items when slain
Gold and quest experience rewards for replaying "Heart of Sin: Get the Soul of Azmodan" have been reduced
Gold and quest experience rewards for replaying "Heart of Sin: Go to the Keep" have been removed
The maximum duration for posted auctions has been reduced from 48 hours to 36 hours.
June 1st, 2012 #197
I've been keeping track of all the small things that could be improved in Diablo 3
Thanks for that. We really appreciate everyone helping to provide constructive feedback, and rest assured we're taking a lot of it with us to meetings, design decisions, and many will be seen in not-to-distant patches.
I'm going to do my best to answer/address/comment on each of these points, and approach each as plainly and honestly as possible, so please bear with me.
1) As a player, I want to have some sort of warning and/or confirmation box when I'm about to do something that will cause me to lose Nephalem Valor stacks so that I don't accidentally move or change an ability and lose my stacks.
Sounds reasonable. We're adding in an action bar lock which should help with that, but a confirmation sounds like a possible addition to that. I think we'd like to try to see if the action bar lock works well enough first.
2) As an Auction House user, I want a checkbox for "buyout only" so that I don't have to use a janky work-around.
Us too! This change should already be in for the 1.0.3 patch.
3) As an advanced player, I want the option to show numerical cooldowns on my abilities so that I can better time them.
We're really trying hard to avoid quickly bloating the game options, and since this would be an option, we're cautiously approaching it and a few other toggle/option requests. Short answer, probably not right now.
4) As a player, I want to be able to move and resize the chat window so that I can put it where I want it.
We would love if this was possible too, and we're right now looking into making it happen. The issue is that our UI system was designed in a way that makes this a pretty steep technical challenge. The question right now is just when we'd be able to pull it off. Unlikely for any nearby patches.
5) As a player, I want to be able to increase or decrease the font size in the chat window so that I can make it better for my monitor/resolution.
This change is in for patch 1.0.3! Yay.
6) As a player, I want to see absorption effects on my health bar so that I can easily see and act on my remaining absorption shield.
We really want to avoid showing health numbers or effects on the health resource spheres, it's just a UI clutter issue we're really trying to fight right now. A lot of easy solutions are to pile more UI on top of things, and it tends to really snowball once it begins. We could look at other tells or effects for this, though.
7) As a Wizard, I want to see a buff icon for "Magic Weapon" and "Familiar" so that I can know its current status.
We're adding a buff icon for Magic Weapon in 1.0.3. We don't intend to add one for Familiar as it's a physically visible object on your screen. Magic Weapon was actually impossible to tell if it was up in quite a few cases. We'll be continuing to watch skills and buff icons, though, as there could be some situations where we need to expose more.
8) As a player, I want some way to retain my stacks of Nephalem Valor when I accidentally disconnect so that I don't feel terrible if I disconnect with a 5-stack before a boss.
We would love that too. Seriously. We're already in the process of determining how much work it would be, and as always it's a balance of priorities. I think this is a matter of not if, but when, and right now we're not sure when we could get it in.
9) As a player, I want a way to disable lore/story text from showing up in the chat frame so that I don't have to always scroll after an in-game conversation.
This is actually already an option in-game! Sound -> Show Quest Dialog In-Chat (is what I believe it's called)
10) As a player, I want to have my previous follower always automatically follow me whenever I start a new single-player session so that I don't forget and have to go back.
Good idea. We'll look into it.
11) As an Auction House user, I would like to be able to repair my items from the auction house so that I can sell them without going in the game.
We're just changing it so you can sell damaged items in the next patch.
12) As a Blacksmith, I want to see what tier an item is before I salvage it so I can know what materials to expect.
It’s something we’ve talked about, but no concrete plans at this time. There are potentially better issues to focus on first for crafting in general.
13) As a player, I want my pets/minions to not attack invulnerable targets and instead focus on vulnerable targets so that I can kill things faster.
Yes! We're looking into how to pull this off. It's a bit tricky just due to how monster states work, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
14) As a player, I want the experience bar to hide once I hit the maximum level so that it doesn't take up unnecessary screen space.
Our UI really isn't modular, so it'd be a lot of work just to save those few pixels. There's probably more important fish to fry at the moment.
15) As a player, I want to see what difficulty my friends are playing so that I can know if I'll be interested in joining them.
We have some great social window and quick join improvements coming in 1.0.3, including showing the game difficulty they're in, who else is in the game with them, a bunch of just nice usability and UI changes, as well as making the quick join window smarter by limiting who is shown to you by level and difficulty.
16) As a new player, I want to be made aware of "elective mode" once I've become familiar with the game so that I can learn about and try more advanced builds.
It's already shown through the loading tips, but we're looking to also add it as a tutorial tip that will show up whenever you begin a new difficulty from Nightmare-on.
17) As a player, I want it so that only my accepted friends can autojoin my game so that I don't get surprised by "recent players" that aren't my friends while playing.
Huh, well, yeah that sounds like a reasonable request. We'll look into it.
18) As an advanced player, I want the option to show numerical values around my health and power orbs so that I can make better decisions.
(see answer for number 6) I understand there's a desire to see more numbers exposed, but again we're really fighting UI and option bloat from all angles. I think a lot of additions are inevitable, but the game just came out 3 weeks ago and we're looking at a product where we'll be adding and tweaking for years and years.
19) As an Auction House user, I want to see a detailed view about all steps in the buying/selling process so that I can know exactly what the status on my purchase is (ex: "XXX Gold paid for YYY item, (newline)YYY item received, (newline), YYY item sent to stash")
I'll pass that along.
20) As a player, I want the game to automatically hit my next-best-potion type when I'm out of my current potion type so that I don't have to reassign it during a long fight.
Yeah, we think there could be some 'smarts' added to the potion button too. It's on a wish list, we don't know when it's something we could prioritize into an update.
21) As an Auction House user, I would like tooltips for damaged items to still show the item stats when looking at them from the sell menu so that I don't have to log into the game to see them (maybe just put "damaged" somewhere on the tooltip?).
I believe this is resolved with the ability to sell damaged items in the next patch.
22) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to have ascending/descending orders by stat in the Auction House UI so that I can better find an item I want.
We're looking at a number of AH UI improvements; there's still a ways to go. The biggest issue is really adding more options when we're already running into space constraints, but that's our problem, and we're working on it.
23) As a player, I want a "build saver" so that I can easily change between builds rather than trying to remember them.
We think that'd be cool too, it's something we've been considering for a while. We don't have it nailed down to begin working on it yet, though.
24) As a player, I want integration between the website's "build saver" and an in-game build saver so that I can screw around with builds while not logged in.
Hah! That'd be cool. Probably on an extended wish list.
25) As an advanced player, I want to be able to move, scale, or hide any UI element so that I can make the UI convey me information in a more customized fashion.
Our UI isn't modular, so this would be very difficult. We also don't intend for the UI to be customizable to the degree of... well certainly not World of Warcraft, but any options we add for UI customization would be along the lines of minor tweaks. I realize a lot of MMO's have very customizable UI's these days, and people really like that, but it's just not a focus of functionality for the game. We'd rather understand what improvements people would like, why, and try to tackle those specific issues.
26) As a player, I would like some way to get Tomes of Jewelcrafting in Inferno that's not cumbersome so that I can combine my square gems without going back to Hell difficulty.
Ideally it's something you can help address through just throwing some gold at the auction house if you don't want to go back to Hell, but with commodities being down I realize that's not an option. Our preference would be to see if use of the AH helps you meet those needs by just buying what other players don't need. If not, we can look at some potential solutions.
June 1st, 2012 #198
27) As a player, I want a "Detailed Breakdown" option that allows me to compare stats such as resistances, magic finding, etc. so that I can better analyze item choices.
We're planning to roll resistances into the defense comparison, and we'll be evaluating other comparisons case by case. We know people really like the convenience of quick +/- red/green comparisons, but they're not always as informative as they're taken to be. In any case we're approaching additions cautiously.
28) As a player, I want a private chat UI element so that it will be easier for me to hold multiple private conversations at once.
Similar to question number 4 it's not something we're opposed to, but isn't easily pulled off due to how our UI works. We do want to improve the chat UI though, absolutely.
29) As a player, I want to be able to have a private chat room so that me and my friends can chat even if we're in different Diablo sessions.
Customizable/private chat channels, yes, it's something that's been on our list.
30) As an advanced Auction House user, I want a more complex query interface with "OR"/"AND" for stats so that I can better find an item I want to buy.
These are called boolean search terms, right? It's an interesting proposition. To parrot my previous AH-related responses, there's a lot of search improvements to be made.
31) As an Auction House user, I want to be able to see the stats of items that I've sold so that I can refer to previous sales when determining prices for new sales.
I can see how that could be useful.
32) As a ranged player, I want invulnerable minions to not block projectiles so that I can actually kill an invulnerable minion pack. (More of an opinionated one :-P)
Yeah, I mean, that's kind of just an issue of placement and projectile aim. We think Invulnerable enemies are a bit ridiculous right now anyway, but I wouldn't say this suggestion is probably needed if we just make some overall changes to them.
33) As a player, I want to be able to disable companion conversations so that I'm not annoyed hearing them all the time.
We're well aware.
34) As a max level player, I want an option to skip all cutscenes/dialogue so that I don't have to constantly press the spacebar to advance in the current game flow.
If you hit Esc during any 'forced' conversations, cutscenes, etc. you can skip right through them. We think it works pretty well. I'd be open to hearing any specific issues it's causing, though.
35) As a player, I do not want my followers to initiate combat with elite, rare, or treasure goblins so that I can have more time to prepare to fight them.
We have some AI tweaks to do with followers, we know this can get pretty annoying (or deadly).
PHEW! Well, again, thanks for compiling that, thanks to everyone for your continued feedback. There's a lot here we're already aware of, working on, or have already implemented in a patch, and I realize there are a fair amount of other concerns not covered here that are also being addressed. We'll have some additional information on upcoming patches and improvements in the weeks ahead. Keep cool.
June 1st, 2012 #199
Posted by Firestorm
I personally think buying an item on the AH that is damaged is a major annoyance.
Ah yes! Right so when you buy it, it's repaired for you.
June 5th, 2012 #200
D3 is scheduled for Maintenance tomorrow 6/6 starting at 5AM PDT and ending at approximately 11AM PDT.