No announcement yet.

Cartman's Custom Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The file now includes my Darkmoon Faire guides. There may still be things missing, Achievement guide will come the next days.
    Known issues:
    I don't know about the level requirements so I used level 1. The professions quests seem to require a skill of 75.
    The Archaeology part may be skipped on other languages than English due to a small guide viewer issue. In that case open the WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Profession. lua and insert the following after the line with ['Fishing']=7620 (line 25):
    ['Archaeology']=78670,
    The part with the one time quests you get from collecting special items is work in progress, I need to know where all the stuff comes from (some come from dungeons).
    For the cannon quest there's an NPC at the beach that can teleport you back to the cannon's location. Will be included in the next update.

Comment

All the iems for Darkmoon Dungeoneer are random drop while you're carrying Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide in a level-appropriate dungeon or raid.

The ones for Darkmoon Defender are random drop in BGs while carrying the same item.

As of now, all of those are flagged so they can't be Need rolled and NOT soulbound so can be sold on AH, but that will probably change.

and Pit Master is from the chest melee every 3 hours like Arena Master in Gurubashi.

Those are all the one-times, except for the bread-crumb.

Comment

Thanks for the info, so no specific drops from dungeon bosses.
        I'll put some notes into the next update.

Comment

I really dont understand why people need a guide for the cooking and fishing dailes. They are acquired from the same NPC in the same place every day. Are some players so lazy that they have to load in the fishing/cooking daily to complete the quest ?
          ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

Comment

For the cooking and fishing quests you really have to look and think around a bit where to do what. Especially when you start with the quests in another city.
            Sure, you can get all information from the quest text and the rest from wowhead (there's that one quest in Ironforge where you have to visit some vendors...). But even a little saved time is saved time.

But I totally agree on some guides for example Jewelcrafting daily guide. There are only two quests where you need to do something else than only crafting some stones.

For me creating those guides is something i enjoy doing (if I can use them myself). I'm still polishing small things in the Darkmoon Faire guide. My guide now directs you to vendors for items you need for the profession quests before going to the Faire and even tells you to visit a professions trainer before if you are near the maximum of your current profession level so you don't waste the granted points

Comment

Hi,

Just reporting some minor bugs.
              First, I tried Ironforge cooking daily quest and I got a minor bug.
              The quest that I already had, took some seconds to load.
              This bug did not happen before I downloaded your package.
              Sorry, I don't have any screenshot.

About the fishing quest in Ironforge.
              I had to do the following quest "Cold water fishing".
              At step 2, your guide tells me to leave Ironforge but it hasn't completed the step.
              So I skipped step 2.
              At step 3, it tells me instead to take the "flight".

Unfortunately, your guides do not load with french client but don't worry it works fine with English EU client.
              Thank you for your hardwork and sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Thanks for your input.
                The travel thing is due to the new travel system of the guide.
                The waypoint to leave Ironforge is actually in Ironforge as it points to the path to leave. The guide would have advanced to the next step if you went outside.
                I don't want to entirely rely on the travel system, for example my Ironforge cooking quest today is to get chicken directly outside the gates. The travel system would send me on a flight to Kharanos and then back up the hill. I'll just change the text a bit in the next release to be more specific.

The guide should work with a French WoW client, I use a German client and have no problems. And I just switched to French to test it and the guide loads fine.
                If some names are English this is due to the way the guide viewer itself works.

And finally "The quest that I already had, took some seconds to load.". I'm not quite sure what you mean, did you experience some kind of lag? Or did you already have a cooking quest in your log and the guide did not recognize it?

Comment

Hi,

I tried today to load your guide with french client and it works.
                  That's nice.

About the cooking quest.
                  Yes, I had already the quest and I don't don't why the item names have temporarily disappeared.

About the fishing quest.
                  At step 2 the guide didn't recognize that I passed the point.
                  That's why I skipped it.

Edit 10/17/2012: every time I load Ironforge fishing daily quest guide, the guide to not reset properly. I mean my that it shows me the last step I did the last time. I've to manually reset it my pressing the arrow backward.
                  Bye for now.
                  Have a good day.
                  Last edited by walina; October 17, 2012, 06:39 AM. Reason: New minor bug

Comment

Daily quest name: Spice bread aplenty
                    Bug: minor bug, at step 8, when I clicl on the cooking icon to make bread the guide do not auto make the bread, I've to manually do it.

Comment

That's the way the guide viewer works, it's only possible to open the professions window but not to create something automatically.
                      I don't think this would even be possible for an addon, tradeskill replacements like ATSW or Skillet require that the user clicks a button to create things.

Comment

Actually Cartman, that's a very easy thing to do.

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_DoTradeSkill
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Just found these guides, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanbloom View Post
                            Just found these guides, thank you.

These are very old and probably will not work in the guide viewer anymore.
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Ahhh, sorry about that. Saw Cartman mention these in a thread recently.

Comment

Technically they should still be working but some of them are obsolete by now because the content is covered by the Zygor guides like the good old cooking and fishing quests in Azeroth and Outlands.
                                If Legion is better than WoD I'll go through the guides and check which are still helpful. Due to getting bored by WoD I was absent from the game for nearly one year...

Comment

Working...
                                X