Cartman's Custom Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cartman's Custom Guides

As my guides are slowliy growing I'll rename this thread.
    Some of the guides are now included by Zagor but I'll leave them inside because they may have some features the official guides don't have (especially the Darkmoon Faire professions quest guide).

I'll keep the file in this post up to date if I make any changes.
    Feel free to post any bugs here.

Installation instructions:
    Simply extract the zip to your WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides folder.
    Remember to keep the zip file in case you use the repair function of the updater as this will wipe user guides.
    You find the guides in the Contributed section.

1.31: Darkmoon Faire quests, dailies and achievements included.
    1.35: Dungeon status guides included - a set of guides that only contain a single step to determine whether you completed a dungeon or not by looking at the achievement
    1.50: Tillers Reputation by cooking "all in one" included.
    Darkmoon Faire guide tweaked.
    First part of Cooking and Fishing combined guide and Pandaria reasures guides included.
    Sadly the guide selection screen does not show completion status of the guides so the dungeon checks need a rework. I will put all dungeon checks into one guide in the next update.
    1.51: Changed the dungeon status guides.
    1.52: Combined Darkmoon Faire professions and dailies guides to one guide.
    1.53: Fixed a small issue with the step to get fossil fragments even when the quest was done that week.
    1.54: Minor fixes to Darkmoon Faire guide due to changes in the guide parsing engine
    1.55: Reworked the Tricks and Treats Alliance guide to include all buckets, guide is quest based, not achievmeent based

Known issues:
    Using the Shattrath and Dalaran portals to Orgrimmar does not get detected by the guide as you are then in an Orgrimmar subzone (Cleft of Shadows). Just go outside or manually skip ahead.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cartman; October 20, 2014, 11:19 AM.

Thanks for the update and information Cartman.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

??

What is this cooking and fishing guide you speak of and most importantly how soon till the professions guide is out? ??

Comment

The main one is part of the Dailies & Events guides. There are Daily quests for cooking and fishing. Cartman has also created one to cover the other cities that Zygor's doesn't cover in case someone would want to do the quest in a different city, just keep in mind you can only do 1 per day and it doesn't matter which city you do it in.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Just discovered this thread today and downloaded the guide.

I got the "Cold Water Fishing" daily and after completing it (but before turning it in) it stopped on step 13 and told me to buy 5 Shiny Baubles which is for another daily quest (The Gnomish Bait-o-matic daily).

I skipped the step and it completed correctly after that.

Comment

Thanks for the report.
            Looking at the guide files those buy steps (13-15) are linked correctly to the other quest and should be skipped when you don't have that quest in your log.
            I changed the waypoint behaviour of those steps, maybe this will fix it.
            I'll check the guides when I'm back at playing WoW.

Comment

Updated the guides with some fixes (the nasty buy steps should now be skipped when you don't have the quest).

Comment

Hey Cartman been having some bugs with the cooking dallies in TB. I keep getting error readings saying it doesn't know the next step etc.

Comment

If it was a "no such goal" thing then I found it, was a wrong quest ID in some steps and if you had the first quest the guide tried to complete steps belonging to another quest.
                  Thanks for reporting this, guide file in first post is updated.

Comment

Fixed a small issue with the Shattrath cooking guide where a step was skipped (was not linked properly to the quest goal).

Comment

Small update, fixed a few coordinates that were not 100% correct, inserted campfire icon where appropriate.

Comment

Just a minor issue:

The horde Shrattrath Cooking daily, step 22 (turn in quest). It says to turn it in at "Catherine Leland". It should have been "The Rokk".

Comment

Thanks for the info, already fixed it. I'm currently doing the Undercity Horde dailies and did not test the Horde Shattrath ones yet as my only high level Horde character is not a Mage

Comment

Suggestion: Cooking Dailies, Shattrath, step 14:

I suggest to fly to Stormspire instead of Area 52. Its a bit closer.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I thought about it too when creating the guide. I looked into it again but I think Area 52 is the better option.
                              Stormspire is 708 yards from the waypoint, Area 52 721 yards (ok, mana berries are all around and there may be some closer to Stormspire).
                              But the flight time from Area 52 to Stormspire is 50 seconds, which is longer than you need from Area 52 to the waypoint with a 160% flying mount

Comment

Working...
                              X