OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide crashes when I use right click to advance to next incomplete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide crashes when I use right click to advance to next incomplete.

The guide consistently crashes when I fast forward to the next valid quest. It not only crashes but it takes out the whole game!

I have tried using the repair feature and even uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no change. I did the same for WOW which took FOREVER!!! Still no change!

Are you working on the issue? Is it just me?

Hmm, I'm not sure how this is possible. Will look into it. Anyone else have this problem?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by paladin62 View Post
      The guide consistently crashes when I fast forward to the next valid quest. It not only crashes but it takes out the whole game!

I have tried using the repair feature and even uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no change. I did the same for WOW which took FOREVER!!! Still no change!

Are you working on the issue? Is it just me?
      What guide are you using?
      Faction?
      Can you recall a step that you were on when you skipped?
      Anything information you can give to help us determine what the problem is will be appreciated.

Thanks
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Have the same problem. My problem is in the admin section. Couple more reports in the bug section.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Here are the other threads from the bugs section:
          http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...g-wow-to-crash
          http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...n-fast-forward

In the second thread the problem was solved after deleting the Zygor files from the WTF folder and reinstalling the guides.

Comment

Sorry Cartman I did that and it still happens if I'm not watching to stop the SIS. Hasn't happened in awhile but I have not really gone into a guide lately for fast-forwarding in it.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It's worth a try if it helped one person. But I also think it is rather related to the guide forwarding too fast. Maybe too many server queries but then why does the game crash and not only disconnect. The crashlog is not very readably isn't it?

Comment

Try disabling the feature that shows target NPCs in the guide window.

To do this, go to the Zygor Guides Viewer configuration in-game, and go to "Extra Features", and make sure that "View mentioned NPCs and monsters" is unchecked.

The reason why reinstalling the guide works for some and not others is probably because that option is not on by default, and some people recheck it after reinstallation, and some don't.

For me, that feature solely determines whether I crash when fast-forwarding or rewinding.

Comment

Thanks for reporting this, will try to crash my WoW with the show NPC feature once EU servers are up

Comment

Scrolling the zygor guide very fast crashes WoW

When I scroll the Zygor guide very fast, i.e. when loading the guide for a zone in which I've already done some quests, it manages to crash WoW. So, it's not just a LUA error but WoW really crashes (see screenshot). I can reproduce this issue everytime I load the Mount Hyjal guide. I've disabled all other addons and it still crashes. Also, it doesn't matter whether right click on the forward arrow or mark the first step as complete and let the guide viewer scroll for itself. Same result.

crash.jpg

I realize that this may be a WoW bug/problem but I still want to make your aware of this issue. Perhaps there's also a problem in the guide viewer that you can fix to solve this problem.

Comment

Disable the "show NPC" feature in the guide options. It seems this thing is causing the trouble.
                      Maybe it's causing too much server load and therefore crashes the game.

Comment

Originally posted by manski View Post
                        When I scroll the Zygor guide very fast, i.e. when loading the guide for a zone in which I've already done some quests, it manages to crash WoW. So, it's not just a LUA error but WoW really crashes (see screenshot). I can reproduce this issue everytime I load the Mount Hyjal guide. I've disabled all other addons and it still crashes. Also, it doesn't matter whether right click on the forward arrow or mark the first step as complete and let the guide viewer scroll for itself. Same result.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476[/ATTACH]

I realize that this may be a WoW bug/problem but I still want to make your aware of this issue. Perhaps there's also a problem in the guide viewer that you can fix to solve this problem.
                        We're aware of the issue and working on it. Could you confirm if turning NPC models off solves the issue for you?

Comment

Here's a post about the crashes stopping after turning the show NPC feature off:
                          http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post62509

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                            Here's a post about the crashes stopping after turning the show NPC feature off:
                            http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post62509
                            Thank you. Indeed, it's the model viewer for a culprit today.

I took the liberty to merge these two threads. The problem is fixed in a development version(r2842) by now, however I'm afraid we have to keep an eye on it as soon as the update rolls out. Some little insight, from what we thought the issue has something to do with WoW client loading too much models at a time and due to it's delayed loaded mechanics finally is being forced to display a model that's not yet prepared. We have put a rate limitation so that the model in the box is updated no faster than some internal cooldown. Here's why I'm sharing it out here: the internal cooldown may need adjustments because the rate at which the client reads the model is highly dependent on DirectX/OpenGL performance as well as on hard drive and RAM speed and, in some cases, even on Internet connection speed. Currently the cooldown is 0.5 s, it's enough to clear the problem in my personal setup but it may be insufficient on some others. Therefore once the update with the fix is distributed it would be nice to hear the user feedback in this thread if they still have this issue so that we can adapt the fix to other setups in case it's needed. Thank you in advance.

Comment

To fix the problem, I reinstalled WoW from scratch. The problem now seems to be gone. At least I can't reproduce it anymore. I'll post here, if the problem reoccurs.

Comment

Working...
                              X