New SIS is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SIS is great!

I am enjoying the new SIS system since you redid it. I like the choices, and I like not going back to get pre-quests.

Nice job!

Awesome, glad you like it!
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I haven't moved over to 3.0 yet and wanted to ask the following before doing so, is dynamic progress still implemented in the 3.0 guides??

Comment

Dynamic progress is implemented in the new guide releases but it behaves different than before.
        Because questing is very linear it is impossible to skip quests inside a zone. Now the guide asks you to abandon the current zone and go on to the next zone if you level ahead.
        Look at the videos on the main page.
        If you are unsure whether to use the "old" SIS or the new one you can create a backup of your current guide directories to make sure you can go back.

Comment

Are there plans to implement the dynamic progress feature that existed prior to 3.0, into 3.0, or has that been removed permanently in favor of the skip to new guide option? Also, while quest clean up can abandon quests, will it also delete bound quest items from bags (i.e. those that cannot be traded or sold that are required for the abandoned quests' completion) or will those need to be removed manually?

Comment

As far as we know Zygor does not intend to have the old style SIS anymore. As Cartman said, the new questing is very linear and the old SIS just had too many problems with wanting to skip quests and cause headaches later on with not being able to accept new quests. Currently the quest clean up abandons any and all quests in your log, so it would be beneficial to you to go turn in anything that might be completed before doing a quest clean up. In a future update the guides will be smart enough to take you to complete those quests before moving to the new zone. As for quest items in the bags, I don't think that the current quest clean up does anything with them so you'll have to manually get rid of those items.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The dynamic progress as it was before Cataclysm is impossible now due to Blizzard making WoW a solo RPG. You cannot skip quests inside a zone you are questig. The game goes like this: get 3-5 quests, do them, turn them in to unlock the next quests. If you skip one you will not unlock further quests in the zone. So the only way to continue if you leveld ahead of the guide because of dungeons, heirloooms and so on is to move to an entire new zone where you start with new quests.
              Currently the guide asks to abandon all quests but it is planned that the guide may allow you to turnin finished quests before changing the zone.
              Quest items will be removed when abandoning quests as this is a built in functionality of the game.

Comment

Thanks guys. With that in mind I will move on to 3.0 (backing up the current build as a precaution). I understand better now why the new SIS functions the way it does and look forward to the continued improvements on completing existing quests before moving on (which can obviously be done manually even with the present build). I appreciate the thorough responses and suggestions.

Comment

I was wondering if I really read that somewhere, or if I just dreamed it: When skipping a section early at the guide's suggestion, wasn't the guide supposed to then abandon all the quests from that zone you're now skipping from your log? I noticed it doesn't, and had to abandon them anually. Is that working as intended?

Comment

Originally posted by hypersky View Post
                    I was wondering if I really read that somewhere, or if I just dreamed it: When skipping a section early at the guide's suggestion, wasn't the guide supposed to then abandon all the quests from that zone you're now skipping from your log? I noticed it doesn't, and had to abandon them anually. Is that working as intended?
                    I haven't used the guides in a while, so, I really should hold back on what I think I may know.
                    Last edited by dudedafool; April 6, 2011, 11:51 PM. Reason: I'm dumb ;)

Comment

Yes, there is a Quest Log Cleanup button on the main guide window that you can click. It will give you a list of quests that are no longer needed for the guide, and then even abandon them for you if you tell it to.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Great, found it. one last thing, is there a way to turn off the "Improper" warning when doing Orgrimmar dailies?

Comment

Great, found it. one last thing, is there a way to turn off the "Improper" warning when doing Orgrimmar dailies?
                          No, but this will be fixed in the next guide update, maybe later today, or tomorrow. :-)
                          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                          X