leveling archi ( the digging thing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leveling archi ( the digging thing)

could someone post where to start leveling archi and from what level in archi that you should go a other location, having trouble locating it on the siteµ

thx alot

You have to start with either Kalimdor or EK until you get the skill up to about 100, then you can move on to Outlands. Also, once you hit 100 you will no longer get any points for digging, only for solving stuff so don't solve anything before you hit 100.

The Zygor Archaeology bonus guide (if you have it) will be in the Members Area under the Bonus Material section.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Couple of things to keep in mind when patch 4.0.6 hits the live servers.
      From Blizzard:
      Archaeology

* Archaeology fragments now have a hard cap of 200 per race. Players will not be able to collect additional fragments until they complete artifacts to take them down below 200 fragments. Players with more than 200 fragments will not lose additional fragments in 4.0.6, but in a future patch we may remove any fragments above 200.

* Archaeology finds now grant a guaranteed skill point up to 50 skill, and then no longer grant skill gains, as opposed to granting up to 100 skill very slowly.

* The sell value of all common artifacts has been doubled, while a small subset of common artifacts have had their sell value increased far beyond that.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

To perform archaeology you need to look at your map, when you're are zoomed out so you see the whole Island you're standing on you should see little shovels. If you click on the zone which the shovels are in you should see a red or gray area. You need to be standing within this area to click on your shovel icon under your profession tab.

Three digs can be performed at each site.
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

The add-on "Archy" is proving to have some utility. Can be found at wowinterface.com

Comment

Archy is at Curse also.I recommend Carbonite and Tom Tom to go with it.Tom Tom is the only waypoint system to work with Archy.Also if you have the space keep everything you make cause with patch 4.0.6 the vendor value is going up.For example the Zandalari Voodoo Doll is selling at 5 silver after 4.0.6 goes live it goes up to 1 gold.
            You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

ok thx for info
              so up to lev 100 then hit outland

Comment

1 more question

is there a way to see how mant fragment you have ?

Comment

Yeah, if you don't use Archy which shows that info, in your professions tab of the spell book you should have two icons, the shovel for finding the fragments and another one that you can click to open up the Archaeology page that shows the info.

Also, I might be off with that 100 needed before you can start in Outlands, it might be 80, just can't remember correctly.

Comment

Here is a good page describing Archaeology.

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ogy-guide.html

You need to be 300 skill level till you can go to Outlands also.
                    You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

If it's 300 then they changed it. In game it wasn't showing needing that high to go to Outlands.

Comment

They must have cause I just tried to go to Outland for Archaeology with a skill of 220 and Archy didn't show anywhere that I could dig.I went back through the Dark Portal and it showed me my dig sites again.

Comment

It's always been 300 for outland as far as I know, 375 for northrend and 450 for tol'vir (uldum).

Comment

Huh, I coulda swore when I was playing with it when it first came out that you could hit up Outlands at 100. Then again I could just have been fixated on that number because of it being the current cut off for getting skill points for digging.

Comment

Working...
                            X